Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Is Christianity logical? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariemea

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am
Vengeful Elegance
I'm not a Christian but I think that there are some good values in the bible. Like not stealing and not murdering people. I see the bible as a story, not a history book. But things can be learned from stories. Jesus was a good man. He helped a lot of people. He saw people for what they were on the inside. I think everyone could stand to be a little bit like Jesus, whether you believe in him or not.

This is a nice attitude to have about it. I respect that quite a lot. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 am
Prove you wrong? You haven't stated a case, OP, at least not in the opening post, and with so poor an opening, it wasn't even worth perusing the first page.
Fail.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 am
Though I am a Christian, out of all the religions I think it's probably the laziest. Just to the fact that we tell God "I'm sorry, forgive me" and he basically does. It's morely when I look at other religions like Islam, they starve themselves for their God (On a certain month) and give daily prayers that is more than a sunday afternoon at church can measure up to.

But the bible does date back 3000 years as others say, but the story that I like (And I don't think it's in the bible, I'm not sure I've only read maybe 2% of it, what a great Christian I am). Is back in the Byzatine Empire where Constantinople made the Nicene Creed for Christains. Before that (After some battle I think? I really don't care to look this up) he saw a light from the sky and out of the light he saw it shape the symbol that meant 'Christian' in his language. I just take a liking to that story, as it did save a lot of people and built tolerance. (If I'm wrong in anything correct me).

Though this isn't to prove wether the religion is logical or not, I can't really have an opinion because I refuse to really remain ignorant and just go on with life thinking my religion is full proof without doing my own study. I'd rather say what some others say about religion giving the person a purpose, and a way to cope.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 am
Christianity doesn't have to be logical, only reasonable.

This means that christians are perfectly fine holding onto their faith no matter what happens, but they cannot push it on other people or threaten them with it.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers