Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
i need some advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ll S W E E T ll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm
well i have this bf who i had been dating for like 2 years and uumm...i feel like breaking up with him, cus we jus don't have that connection anymore, since he had moved away. And even though i see him sometimes i feel like i'm jus clinging on to him cus i was afraid of being alone. But at the same time, i still have some strong feelings for him....can anyone help me on this one?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm
That's a very common feeling for someone to have with a long distance relationship.

If you're still feeling compassion for him like you say, don't break up with him. People feel very distant toward their significant others when they can't get together often all the time.

It's natural to want attention, to want to see that one you love a lot. Sometimes someone moves or some such then it's hard on a relationship. Actually, all the time it is.

However, I will point this out to you:

When people get married, they're all happy, happy, happy right? Generally they're pretty happy with each other for a few years, and then after that, they slow down a little bit. They still are fond of each other and still support each other, but they don't feel that crazy compassion that they had originally. This happens all the time and I assure you it is completely normal. This is just like that. Couples slow down on that sort of thing after a while. Heck, after a long time of marriage, they're together ALL THE TIME, and you know, sometimes they just want to get away from each other for a little while. That's normal. Are you always happy with yourself? Chances are, you're probably not always happy with yourself. It's just like that.

So yeah. Don't feel like you should dump him because he's feeling a bit distant. It's normal. Just, go with the flow.

Hope that helps. Good luck. smile  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100

ll S W E E T ll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 pm
thanx and i really appreciate ur help! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:42 am
xwhite_angel_101x
thanx and i really appreciate ur help! biggrin

Sure thing! smile  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:24 am
My advice: Don't be afraid to be alone, you're already alone since he's not there. Tell him how you feel there isn't a connection anymore now that he's gone and that you're looking for more than he can give you from afar. Then if he ever moves back you might want to consider getting back together.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games