Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Anime, manga, or books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:59 am
What do you prefer, anime, manga, or books? Me personallY? I enjoy manga and books, but that's just my opionion, what's your guys' opionion?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:20 am
uh.. Personally I prefer anime but then the manga stories are just more interesting. 3nodding
Books are good too though. So I guess I enjoy all of them~! hehe... Yeah, but I still like manga better xp  

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

xDiYukishixDi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:05 pm
i perfer books  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:08 pm
I enjoy all of the above.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Phishu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 pm
Ehh.... Some pros and cons to set my head straight on this intriguing topic.

Lessee... Anime has a lot going for it. The simple and great joy of sitting in front of a glowing monitor at a desk to watch a show for some 24 minutes, hit a button, do it again. A lot of animes have introduced me to great artists from insert songs and OPs and EDs, plus illustrative artists which inspired me to get 100 Masters of Bishojo Painting from J-List. xD Recognizable seiyuus are a thrill for me particularly Miyuki Sawashiro, Aya Hirano, Maaya Sakamoto...Hisako Kanemoto made her debut in last season's So Ra No Wo To and I absolutely adored her. Need moar. Satomi Sato is love as well. (Male CVs do nothing for me. XD)
Another thing is visual quality; if the animation is particularly spectacular then I could just sit and drool without a care for a fail-a** plot. No, really. Examples of mind-rending visual eye-candy; CANAAN and Angel Beats!. CANAAN was mind-rending in general actually; I could talk about it for an age (Sawashiro+Sakamoto at the same time. Augh.) and Angel Beats! just aired, like, yesterday, so...well, it was beautiful. And Sawashiro sang...just saying. >_>

Manga is delicious in a number of ways as well... Often times, when an anime is created based off of a manga, character depth and development is sacrificed in place of flashiness adhering to the given genre. If it's horror, there could be a real bloodfest but without the aftershock the manga presented regarding character emotions. If it's good old-fashioned ecchi, well, you can't really go wrong there... Well, ecchi is best animated actually. Always.
Ahum. Anyway, if it's good quality manga, there's something beautiful about the organization of the panels; how they flow without flaw. If a character has a sudden realization, a white, spiked ball--you could legitimately call the shape a shock--flames behind them; you can just hear the "Sha" sound in your head. Bottled thoughts, leaking out of their seal in the back of a character's mind; the dialogue drifting across the pages in slits of smudged black over faded images of the person's repressed past. Fullmetal Alchemist has some of the greatest use of facial expressions and theatrical movements I've ever seen--everything's just so bloody spot on. In that way, it's equivalent to KEY animation.
Then of course there's the frothing need to collect your favorite mangas, arranged in delicious rows on bookshelves or stacked beside a pillow, or constructed to create a massive castle of epic awesomeness. (Would be hard to withdraw the volumes without the castle collapsing, though, wouldn't you think?)

Now; books! Books are cover, text, cover. If it's a book I fancy (Saying "good" wouldn't really be good as tastes vary so much...obviously.) like The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Battle Royale, sitting and flipping pages just covered in text for hours is bloody enthralling. One can shout, "ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWA!" at their monitor watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, fist in air. One can chortle until their lips fall off reading Yostuba&!. Just the same and as has been done for much longer than either anime or manga has been around, one can weep reading Where The Red Fern Grows.
At this point in time, I personally, prefer anime to books and manga and prefer manga to books. I gave books a fail defense; no defense at all in fact, but I don't really know how. xD They're books! They're wonderful~  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games