Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Why does this happen in almost every anime/manga?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 pm
I've noticed something that none of my friends have noticed, (the following mainly applies to stuff of the shonnen genre, but I have seen it happen in the shoujou genre as well) almost every anime/manga, over 80% of the fans are yoai/yuri fans. I don't quite particilarly understand this, because what I noticed about those fans is they take the characters who are just really good friends and try to turn them into pairings. Everytime I see that I think to myself, "Dude, they're just friends. Think about it from you and your best friend's position. Would that be yoai, caring about you friends? No, unless, you know, you rolled that way Caring about your friends isn't necessarily yoai, so why do manga/anime fans, when they see two really good friends of the same genderm, decide to turn it into yoai?" But the point is, WHY???  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Shonen and shojo are demographics, not genres.  

User 15282449

Premium Garbage

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 pm
I don't really know myself since I'm neither a yaoi nor yuri fan and it's fraustrating sometimes that they make those kinds of pairings. Like in the Prince of Tennis manga.. But then that's their opinion so..yeah.. xp

Uh... and about the shonen and shojo not being genres: I don't know about demographics but in mangafox they're genres.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:05 pm
They are genres, the name of each genre happens to be the demographic they are aimed at.

People just like pairing their favourite characters no matter what when it comes to the yaoi/yuri fans. Remember that worst enemies who do nothing but try to kill each other are just trying to cover the fact they really just want to jump in the sack together.  

KaguraOfTheWind

Tichelle

5,500 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:25 pm
Because it seems manga characters hold their friendships dearer than we do.

My friend Ted, I see him like a brother, but if he attacked me with a chidori, that's where the friendship ends.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:27 pm
'cause yuri is hot.
Duh.  

Mad Haru

Tichelle

5,500 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:28 pm
Harujiro no Yorozuya
'cause yuri is hot.
Duh.

This too.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games