Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
one of those dumb HS things...*sigh*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:20 pm
for the record, i'm 17 and a senior in HS now.
right before i started high school, i decided i liked this guy
later, i decided i loved him...and i cringe at that cuz i know now it wasn't really (but c'mon, everyone thinks that at 14...right?)
then, even later, we went out (awkwardly haha) for about 3 months before he ended it and i thought my heart was broken...which it might have been because it took a really long time before i stopped crying (like 1-2 years)
ok, so i was a pathetic little freshman/sophomore. i know that. i also know how stupid this sounds...
but since then its been like a never-ending cycle of "ok, i refuse to like him anymore"..."maybe it worked this time!!!?" and then "oh crap...again??? really???"
i've stopped telling even my best friends, because i know, even though they deny it, that they're tired of it...
but even now, 3ish years later, its still the same. i still really like him. i'm totally over what happened freshman year, don't get me wrong, but...its like the elephant in the room...everyone says that if you like someone, just ask them out to a dance or something...well...not in my case...and then last night was my last homecoming dance, and he was like, grinding with this girl who i know is just a friend...and it was kinda gross cuz he's a total band geek (like me haha) but...dare i say it?...i was almost jealous of her...
anyways....i guess i need advice about what to do...like do i tell him sometime before we graduate and never see each other again? or do i try and cut off all contact with him...which is basically impossible since both of us are senior leaders in band...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 am
I guess there'd be nothing wrong with telling him you still really like him. The only problem would be if it makes things even more awkward for you whenever you two are in band together. Especially because I don't think HS guys are any more mature now than when I was in high school. (Hey, no offense guys!)

As far as avoiding him, well you've already indicated that that would be impossible.

Is there a third option? Is it maybe time to look around you and see if there could be another guy in your life? Someone who won't break your heart?

skshefferly

Tipsy Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:34 pm
first off: thank you for answering biggrin
for telling him...i sorta considered it, but then i'd have to go through the entire rest of the year...so maybe the end of the year for prom or something haha
no, they probably aren't that much more mature haha smile
for your 3rd option.....i've tried...kinda, but i'll try harder
smile
merci for the advice! heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm
You're welcome. I'm always happy to give advice. It helps to have the opinion of someone who isn't directly involved sometimes.

skshefferly

Tipsy Dabbler

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items