Submit

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 am
I recently watched an internet thing called the Jimquisition and the topic was rape against murder. I wonder, what do you people think.

Don't forget to waiters XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 pm
From the view of the victim:

Rape is probably perceived as worst because the victim has to live with that experience/mental trauma that may occur. With a murder it happens and the victim is dead, the end.

Though to make a philosophical judgement you would have to look at all the people involved, and that would extend to friends, family, acquaintances, victim.

Theoretically we'll say the rape victim/murdered victim have lead similar lives, have made an imprint on the same number of people/same difference in the world. Does death or rape affect them more? I would guess death takes a greater toll, simply for the fact it has a long grief process for everyone.

Also when you break the question down further into the different types of rape, and consider Romeo and Juliet laws, among other things. It can become trickier to decide.

Rape vs. Death, death will always have a tremendous impact on everyone involved, I think rape, although a terrible thing, is more of an individualized recovery process and doesn't have as big as an impact.

Then we look at

Natural/accidental Death vs. Murder:

I think we would conceive the taking of a life is far worst then simply just a death.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm
I've actually heard a few opinions that murder is worse than rape, because with rape yes the victim lives through some severe trauma but they can recover from it. Murder can't be recovered from, though.

On that note, I have no actual opinion about this particular topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:53 pm
I'd say that rape is worse. 9 out of 10 times a murder is committed it is publicly known, reported in the press and justice carried out. The families then have to live with the lose of their loved ones. However, when rape is committed a large amount of the time it is not known, reported and the perpetrator is still free. The Jimmy Saville enquiry and subsequent investigations showed how many abuses went on over years. Prostitutes have reported rapes but were ignored & even girls with fragments of memories due to date-rape drugs. Then of course there is the mental scars of the women that have been raped and the distress to their families.  

Tao of Glass

Professional Alchemist

54,400 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Elocutionist 200

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:44 pm
Any form of torture, psychological and physical, seems worse than murder to me  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games