Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians In Gaia

Back to Guilds

Open to everyone who wants to share their love for Jesus or even convert themselves into Christians. 

Tags: Jesus, Catholic, Religion, Holy, Bible 

Reply Main Forum
Answers 4 Catholics (iPhone App)2 Minute FAQs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm
Mary Queen of Heaven?

In Jeremiah 7:17, God is indeed upset with the Israelites for worshiping a false goddess called the "queen of heaven". However, just because God rebuked them for worshiping the false queen of heaven, doesn't mean that we cannot pay honor to the true Queen of Heaven...The Blessed Mother.

That type of thinking would lead you to believe that just because people worship a false god that they call "god." we, therefore, should not call the true God by that same name...God...because that's the same title the idolaters used for their god! That is faulty logic and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Again, the fact that there is a false "queen of heaven", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false goddess when we call Mary the "Queen of Heaven." Just as the fact that there is a false "god", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false god when we call our father in Heaven, God.

And there is a true Queen of Heaven, we see this quite clearly in Revelation12:1, " And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman, clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars..."Lets' see. There's a woman...She's in Heaven...and she has a crown on her head. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a maid! No! It is the true Queen of Heaven, Mary the mother of the male child who is to rule the nations.

We do not worship Mary, we honor her, just as Jesus honors her. So, there is absolutely nothing wrong, from a scriptural point of view, in calling Mary the Queen of Heaven, and honoring her just as Jesus honors her.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 pm
Why Is Mary Crying?  

Chewie2590

Chewie2590

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:22 pm
Aleetheeuh
Mary Queen of Heaven?

In Jeremiah 7:17, God is indeed upset with the Israelites for worshiping a false goddess called the "queen of heaven". However, just because God rebuked them for worshiping the false queen of heaven, doesn't mean that we cannot pay honor to the true Queen of Heaven...The Blessed Mother.

That type of thinking would lead you to believe that just because people worship a false god that they call "god." we, therefore, should not call the true God by that same name...God...because that's the same title the idolaters used for their god! That is faulty logic and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Again, the fact that there is a false "queen of heaven", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false goddess when we call Mary the "Queen of Heaven." Just as the fact that there is a false "god", does not lead to the conclusion that we worship a false god when we call our father in Heaven, God.

And there is a true Queen of Heaven, we see this quite clearly in Revelation12:1, " And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman, clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars..."Lets' see. There's a woman...She's in Heaven...and she has a crown on her head. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a maid! No! It is the true Queen of Heaven, Mary the mother of the male child who is to rule the nations.

We do not worship Mary, we honor her, just as Jesus honors her. So, there is absolutely nothing wrong, from a scriptural point of view, in calling Mary the Queen of Heaven, and honoring her just as Jesus honors her.

Revelation 12:1
King James Version (KJV)
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Yes Revelations says there is a woman but it is not Mary but Symbolic for The Nation Isreal when God converts the Tribulations saints

Revelation 7:1-8
King James Version (KJV)
7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

As I had bolded the woman is crowned with 12 Stars

Genesis 37:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

Joseph was Talking to his 11 Brothers witch where the fathers of 11 tribes of Israel. The 11 stars in that verse are his brothers and Joseph makes up the 12th Star.

we compare scripture with scripture to understand what God is truely trying to say instead of trying to interpret what a verse means by itself  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff