Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Anime Fananitc Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:10 pm
I'm curious, to all of you who consider yourselves "fanatics" (which is where the word "fan" comes from anyway).

Why do you feel as though you need anime or manga so badly? Is it because it's Japanese, and therefore exotic? Many people it seems simply fit the mold of a "Japanophile," or one who is in love with all things Japanese for more or less because of the simple fact that it is Japanese.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:37 am
I dunno. I'm a bit of a fanatic. I bought merchendise.  

Elrotheil Kenobi

Hell_Princess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:55 am
The two are rather easy to define..

Anime Fan: One who enjoys Anime, might have some box sets, maybe even a few plushies. Keychains and posters on their wall of some of their favorite charactors or such. Even owns a bit of manga as well.
Anime Fans enjoy it, they might even get into drawing in the anime style as well... but are not overly consumed by the anime world...

However, an anime fanatic: one who is overly consumed with anime and everything around it.. these people not only own all their favorite anime in box sets or buy them seperately, and own all sorts of manga and cover their walls in anime posters/wall scrolls/draw anime chars that they have created themselves on thier walls.... also own many plushies and keychains, anime toys, like figures of thier beloved anime charactors... These people find that cost doesn't matter when it comes to anime.. these people also cosplay, and attend at least two conventions a year... And they even start learning about Japan and it's culture, language.. they eat the food, and long to take a trip there..

I can proudly say I fit the description of an Anime fanatic...
sadly there arn't to many full fanatics around... there are quite a few where I live, and this comming weekend is J-con, I've got both outfits ready to wear on two of the days I'll be there ^.^
And the dealers room is All MINE!! Muahahahahahahaaaaaa....

*ahem* anyway... those are the meanings of each.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:02 am
dboyzero
I'm curious, to all of you who consider yourselves "fanatics" (which is where the word "fan" comes from anyway).

Why do you feel as though you need anime or manga so badly? Is it because it's Japanese, and therefore exotic? Many people it seems simply fit the mold of a "Japanophile," or one who is in love with all things Japanese for more or less because of the simple fact that it is Japanese.

I will admit, I have seen a lot of the younger generation children only getting into Anime because it's "the cool thing" and also because Japan has this whole hype thing going for them.
Yet there are still actually people who love anime for reasons which one should not judge them by...
I'm old.. okay not old old... but for 20 years of my life i have watched Anime.. the old school anime, My older brother was into drawing in the traditional anime style.. he got me into drawing.. I was 11 years old when Sailormoon first was aired in the united states... I have loved the entertainment and art style of Anime for a long time.. and if anyone would accuse me of only enjoying it because they thought I only liked it due to the fact that it comes from Japan.... well.. I would have to label them as a judgemental moron, then I'd have to go home and cuddle with my plushies...  

Hell_Princess

Ice_queen_kat

Interesting Tycoon

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 am
For me..

Fan is someone who likes anime. He/she is interested on it and would search about it just to satisfy his'her curiosity and answer the big question on his'her head that "why did I fell on this anime?"..

while a Fanatic is someone who really loves anime. He'she do some stuffs which is very much related to anime. I could say that he'she is addicted to it that she thinks of it mostly. It is someone who knows all the latest news and not just knows it but he'she is one of the people who knows it first or something like that. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 pm
i don't exactly know where a fan becomes a fanatic but i'll say I'm right on the line! i think why i like anime so much is it takes me from the bad stuff in here... and it makes me really happy! 4laugh  

kisirie

bloodlust_angelkel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 pm
I thought I was a fanatic I'm always finding new ways to watch anime for free domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm
Hell_Princess
However, an anime fanatic: one who is overly consumed with anime and everything around it.. these people not only own all their favorite anime in box sets or buy them seperately, and own all sorts of manga and cover their walls in anime posters/wall scrolls/draw anime chars that they have created themselves on thier walls.... also own many plushies and keychains, anime toys, like figures of thier beloved anime charactors... These people find that cost doesn't matter when it comes to anime.. these people also cosplay, and attend at least two conventions a year... And they even start learning about Japan and it's culture, language.. they eat the food, and long to take a trip there..

Yes, I own all of my favorite anime in box sets. Own a little bit of manga. Lots of wall scrolls/posters. Built too many models of mecha. I have cosplayed. Cost really doesn't matter if I want it. I am learning the Japanese language and learning about the culture. I would say that I am a fanatic, at least, when it comes to mecha series and any series with a dark storyline.  

locke317

XPrettYBaDKittYx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:12 pm
I would definately say I am a fan. Ummm fanatic would be this chick i knew who decided to teach herself japnese so she coiuld have more fun watching amines. She even writes japanese poetry....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:33 am
Well I know I am fanatic. SOME reasons why

1. My mom owns a anime store
2. I can be a fan girl
3. I can t alk on and on about a certain anime I have seen for hours
4. I am me and am Insane
5. OWn some manga and about three DVD's
5. I AM PART FREAKIN JAPANESE

WHy I cant be too much of a fanatic (well i can...)

basically because i cant buy any myself because I am actually too young to get a job, but I wont be by next summer ^^ yay. still, i steal my friends anime and watch it XD  

Shiama

Your Dad! xD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:14 pm
I don't really watch/read anime or manga. Hasn't intrested me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:18 am
I'm a fan, yeah I've bought 5 movies on DVD, am approaching 50 volumes of manga, four novels, and downloaded many manga and anime series, but I also don't let it run my life. Yes most of my purchases are Anime/manga related, but I can't find much else that interests me. I've bulit several Gundam model's and many Zoids, I like mecha in general, I love Battletech too.

Simply put, I make look like some big time fan to some people, but really I like anime so I go with what I like. Like many people I started watching anime when I was about four or five. However where most started with Pokemon or Sailor Moon, being 26 I started with Astro Boy and Speed Racer. With downloads I must have around 15 different series (full length as in atleast 10 full episodes) plus many OVAs, movies, and manga. This will continue to grow. I'll try to get my friends to watch but just the same, they'll try to get me to watch things.  

KaguraOfTheWind

Duchessa

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:33 am
Am addicted so trying to stop for now to be rich later and watch as much as i want after (rich) stare .  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
You're probably better off watching it now while you can find the titles you want. They will also more likely be moe expensive later as well.  

KaguraOfTheWind

gamer014

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:54 am
I'm a fan of Manga/anime, but I'm more of a fanatic of Japan's old culture(I have 10 books about Japan's 1200s-1600s)  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff