Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
The Random Topic Bi/Tri-Monthly (Oct. 12)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:34 pm
This week's topic is... Moving! cat_biggrin

Mom and Dad have finally decided to start getting ready to sell our house. Mom is going to start her new job in another city nearby and we're confident that Dad is going to land his new job any day now. And so... we're currently in the process of cleaning and decluttering the house.

I know that I have some furniture that I'd like to trade in, but I can't save all of my wall decor. Most of my wall has been decorated with vinyl wall stickers and there's a good chance that I may have to trash them instead of salvaging them because I don't have the kind of paper that I need to store them in. Besides, they've been stuck on the wall for a long time and it's highly likely that they'll end up getting torn up. cat_sweatdrop
Also, I have plenty of old clothes that I just want to get rid of for good. And then there is some of my old junk that should either be thrown out or just simply sold away. After all of that gets taken care of, I ought to find some cardboard boxes to stow away everything that I want to keep so that I'll be ready to move out and (hopefully) be able to settle into a new (and smaller) house!

I'm estimating that we'll be ready to move within six months if Dad gets the job. After that, we'll find some land somewhere for the new houses that we'll build for ourselves. But because my little sister is taking classes at college now, she will have to stay in an appartment somewhere near campus. I can only hope that it'll be smooth sailing from here on out! cat_whee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm
It'll be awhile before I move out of my parent's house. Right now I wouldn't be able to financially have a place of my own. And the initial dream plan of room-mating with my friend when she got a new place has changed since she got a boyfriend. I know they plan on getting a place together (not sure if they'll rent or buy; just depends on where they are financially) soon; so depending on whether they'll need an additional person to help cover renting costs (if they go that route) then I might consider it. *shrugs*

One of my co-volunteers at the animal shelter finally accepted an offer on her house (which she had put up on the market only a week or so ago; so that was pretty impressive she got an offer so quick). Now that all of the last minute business is being taken care of, she'll finally be able to move to Hawaii to be with her husband. Her husband has already been over there for several months now since getting a job offer there to run a new hotel that was built ((he was working at one of the local hotels as one of the head manager sort of people - hence the offer)). I'm happy that she'll finally be with her husband after all of this time but on the other hand I'm going to miss losing one of my volunteer friends. I don't have that many as it is, at least not on the level I developed with her. We still have contact via Facebook... but it won't be the same as seeing her in person.

Anyway! Best of luck on your moving adventure.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers