Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:23 pm
And it's 61 degrees out.

In upper Michigan. eek

I-it's glorious, but I don't understand it! The past couple years, we've already had 2-3 feet of snow on the ground by Halloween. We got a brief spurt of snow in mid-October this year, but it didn't stick and it's only gotten warmer since.

I'm definitely not complaining, though! Since Monday, I've been going on daily walks. I've probably walked about 10-12 miles total by now this week, with 4-5 of those from today alone. I'm loving it. It's lifted my mood significantly, too. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:27 pm
I didn't realize it got that warm over there. I thought everyone in Michigan lived in igloos or something. But it is nice to hear you guys are enjoying some really nice weather over there. Right now it's know the seventies or eighties where I'm at and I'm loving it while I can. Pretty soon here I'm going to need a jacket though.

Also, now that it's Halloween I can start hating life again as everyone starts getting back into the Christmas spirit.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:14 pm
It's been low 40s - low 50s around here (Southwest WA) with cloudy and/or rainy weather. The mountains nearby are already starting to get snow on them.

We had our first fire of the season in our woodstove the other day. And we're always cuddling under our blankets in the evening to keep warm while we watch TV/Movies.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:47 am
wolf_with_a_dragon
I didn't realize it got that warm over there. I thought everyone in Michigan lived in igloos or something. But it is nice to hear you guys are enjoying some really nice weather over there. Right now it's know the seventies or eighties where I'm at and I'm loving it while I can. Pretty soon here I'm going to need a jacket though.

Also, now that it's Halloween I can start hating life again as everyone starts getting back into the Christmas spirit.

I mean, you're not too far off in that assumption for half the year, anyway. lol Then we get this really brief thing called "spring" where there's still snow on the ground but it's no-coat kinda temperatures, followed immediately by the blistering heat of summer. Summer is hell. I can't stand anything over like 80 degrees, and it's frequently in the 80's and 90's here in summer. One freakish day a couple years ago it got to be like 107 and the news was all over that s**t.
But yeah. Fall is usually like a 2-week span of time for us in between summer and snow. I won't even call it winter because snow comes long before winter. xd  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 am
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon

I mean, you're not too far off in that assumption for half the year, anyway. lol Then we get this really brief thing called "spring" where there's still snow on the ground but it's no-coat kinda temperatures, followed immediately by the blistering heat of summer. Summer is hell. I can't stand anything over like 80 degrees, and it's frequently in the 80's and 90's here in summer. One freakish day a couple years ago it got to be like 107 and the news was all over that s**t.
But yeah. Fall is usually like a 2-week span of time for us in between summer and snow. I won't even call it winter because snow comes long before winter. xd

Well, in the part of southern Cali I live in we have two seasons, hot and hell. The host season is when you'll see us wearing long sleeves and jackets. Hell is when you see us all dying. And I'd gladly take your guy's "blistering" heat over ours, 107 is a cool summer day here. It usually reaches about 115 during our summers. Also, I would hate to have your guy's snow. I hate the snow, it's too damned cold. But I do understand the whole two week transition phase. We have about two weeks of beautiful weather in the eighties before it gets to where I'm always wearing a jacket complaining of how cold I think it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:29 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon

Well, in the part of southern Cali I live in we have two seasons, hot and hell. The host season is when you'll see us wearing long sleeves and jackets. Hell is when you see us all dying. And I'd gladly take your guy's "blistering" heat over ours, 107 is a cool summer day here. It usually reaches about 115 during our summers. Also, I would hate to have your guy's snow. I hate the snow, it's too damned cold. But I do understand the whole two week transition phase. We have about two weeks of beautiful weather in the eighties before it gets to where I'm always wearing a jacket complaining of how cold I think it is.

115?! Jesus! gonk
Yeah, no. I'd rather stick with our occasional -45° (without windchill) days and not get mail because the trucks' diesel froze solid than live through anything over 100°. That 107° day was completely miserable, and I didn't even leave the house at all but the air conditioner just couldn't keep up with it.

It'd be hilarious watching the two of us trade climates for a year. We'd both probably die. xd LOL  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:29 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon

115?! Jesus! gonk
Yeah, no. I'd rather stick with our occasional -45° (without windchill) days and not get mail because the trucks' diesel froze solid than live through anything over 100°. That 107° day was completely miserable, and I didn't even leave the house at all but the air conditioner just couldn't keep up with it.

It'd be hilarious watching the two of us trade climates for a year. We'd both probably die. xd LOL

Sounds like you have a sucky a** AC if it couldn't keep up with 107.

I kind of want to do that now. Even if just to see how long I would last before turning into a human popsicle  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:51 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

Sounds like you have a sucky a** AC if it couldn't keep up with 107.

I kind of want to do that now. Even if just to see how long I would last before turning into a human popsicle

Yeah, it's kinda shitty. It's as old as the house (17 years), and the house itself is just a mobile home so we're not talking high quality appliances.

I know, right? Haha I'd be annoyed during your hot season, but then I'd probably have a heat stroke the moment the hell season kicked in. xd I think you'd last just fine here (albeit with a coat on frequently) up until like January/February when it's consistently subzero and the snow really begins to tower over everything.

Last year, these two sisters from (I think) Kentucky were going on a tour of the upper peninsula in the middle of January and went missing for over a week; turns out, they got stuck in a very remote part where they didn't get cell service and the roads weren't plowed, and the snow was too deep for them to dig themselves out. They survived on the Girl Scout cookies they'd brought with 'em until one of the rescue crews just happened to come across them. Apparently, they were following their GPS unit's instructions, and didn't realize that service roads don't often get plowed up here in winter. NEVER leave the main highways in winter unless you absolutely need to, because you will most likely get stuck. That's something that I just always thought was common knowledge, but I guess residents from other states wouldn't necessarily think of that if they don't have to deal with it every year. sweatdrop They're hella lucky they didn't freeze to death, especially since their car ran out of gas after like a day or two...  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am
Last week the weather was so nice I didn't even need to wear a jacket. This week turned cold, and windy. Though the coldness is mostly just in the morning. It turned nice later on.

I also live in Michigan. But in the southeastern part. [Like, near Detroit] The insane thing about this area is that one year winter is cold as ********, then the very next year there won't be any snow until January. [[Which I think might have happened last year]]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:30 pm
Vikabro
Last week the weather was so nice I didn't even need to wear a jacket. This week turned cold, and windy. Though the coldness is mostly just in the morning. It turned nice later on.

I also live in Michigan. But in the southeastern part. [Like, near Detroit] The insane thing about this area is that one year winter is cold as ********, then the very next year there won't be any snow until January. [[Which I think might have happened last year]]

Yeah, this week isn't nearly as nice here, either. But still no snow, which is a miracle! Although they're predicting some light snow tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping that it won't stick and that no major snow storms will hit us until after at least the 24th. I have to make my first solo drive back home on the 24th, and I'd rather not do it in 3 feet of fresh snow...

I'm from SE Michigan, too. Except I'm a lot closer to Ann Arbor. That's where home is -- I'm only here in the eastern upper peninsula for the school year. It was a big shock to me during my freshman year discovering just how different the weather can be in the exact same state. confused We got snow in October, but you guys didn't get any until I think late November/early December. Plus the winds up here are brutal, since we're right on the water.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:45 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Vikabro

Yeah, this week isn't nearly as nice here, either. But still no snow, which is a miracle! Although they're predicting some light snow tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping that it won't stick and that no major snow storms will hit us until after at least the 24th. I have to make my first solo drive back home on the 24th, and I'd rather not do it in 3 feet of fresh snow...

I'm from SE Michigan, too. Except I'm a lot closer to Ann Arbor. That's where home is -- I'm only here in the eastern upper peninsula for the school year. It was a big shock to me during my freshman year discovering just how different the weather can be in the exact same state. confused We got snow in October, but you guys didn't get any until I think late November/early December. Plus the winds up here are brutal, since we're right on the water.
Yeah, I can imagine. The lakes seem so cold to me. I can barely even touch the water even in the middle of summer. It is probably a whole lot worse in the middle of winter.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games