Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:42 pm
PEOPLE. gonk

W-why does everyone wait to shop until the last minute? And then assume that somehow, magically, no one else is doing the exact same thing?

The day before Christmas Eve is ALWAYS the biggest sales day for grocery/food departments, and people wonder why we ran out of like everything they wanted. We literally had those items ALL WEEK, but ran out because y'all decided to wait too long and the weirdos who get up to shop at 7:30AM already snatched up all the cranberries. I could understand waiting to buy really perishable things like meat and dairy and some types of berries, but shallots? Cranberries? POTATOES? All of those things easily last weeks without spoiling! emotion_donotwant

Ugh. I'm ready to just sleep for a year. emotion_zzz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:15 pm
People are idiots. They sound as bad as the people that call 911 because they want a ride to the town they live in, which just so happens to have the nearest hospital to us.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:21 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
People are idiots. They sound as bad as the people that call 911 because they want a ride to the town they live in, which just so happens to have the nearest hospital to us.

That's actually pretty brilliant on their part at least if they get away with it. Now I'm not Saiyan I think it's right to do that, because that isn't right at all, but if they can accomplish their goal by doing so and get away with it then it's smart on their part at least. Tho I have a feeling there are laws in place that would make that a crime and therefore they don't get away with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 pm
The only reason why I waited till the last minute was because I just barely found out what I'm supposed to bring to Christmas dinner on Friday. I had to go to 4 different stores gonk  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:56 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
wolf_with_a_dragon

That's actually pretty brilliant on their part at least if they get away with it. Now I'm not Saiyan I think it's right to do that, because that isn't right at all, but if they can accomplish their goal by doing so and get away with it then it's smart on their part at least. Tho I have a feeling there are laws in place that would make that a crime and therefore they don't get away with it.

They're usually get away with it. And it pisses me off because I'm usually dragged from a meal or woken up in the middle of the night because they suddenly decided they wanted a ride in an ambulance.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Kor Saiyajinkami
wolf_with_a_dragon

They're usually get away with it. And it pisses me off because I'm usually dragged from a meal or woken up in the middle of the night because they suddenly decided they wanted a ride in an ambulance.

That sucks, but you gotta admit it is smart on their part albeit in a douchey kinda way.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

yeet-chan

Big Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:59 pm
Yikes. I avoid situations like that due to my social anxiety. I did my Christmas present shopping a 1-2 weeks early. Also, online shopping ftw.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:54 am
wolf_with_a_dragon

Wow.

The ambulances in my area are actually privately owned and not owned by the fire companies, so that'd be a $300-$400 ride into town for them. xD

------

So far as this topic goes, I think it might also be people's schedules. Like, I had to do some last-minute grocery shopping on Tuesday, so I did it at lunch. I work 8-5, don't get home until 6, and have other things in evenings that take up time. I'd guess a lot of people run into the same. Either that, or they're waiting for paychecks to come in. Or they're just last-minute people and aren't considerate. xd  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:55 am
Lady Lagomorph
wolf_with_a_dragon

Wow.

The ambulances in my area are actually privately owned and not owned by the fire companies, so that'd be a $300-$400 ride into town for them. xD

------

So far as this topic goes, I think it might also be people's schedules. Like, I had to do some last-minute grocery shopping on Tuesday, so I did it at lunch. I work 8-5, don't get home until 6, and have other things in evenings that take up time. I'd guess a lot of people run into the same. Either that, or they're waiting for paychecks to come in. Or they're just last-minute people and aren't considerate. xd

That's fairly cheap. Our ambulances are privately owned as well. I know a guy that had to take the ambulance once, it was a nice 700 dollar bill. The people looking for rides either don't pay or the bill is covered by their insurance provider.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:25 am
wolf_with_a_dragon

That's fairly cheap. Our ambulances are privately owned as well. I know a guy that had to take the ambulance once, it was a nice 700 dollar bill. The people looking for rides either don't pay or the bill is covered by their insurance provider.

The price I'm using is several years old, so yeah, they might be more in-line with what you're listing now. I guess some people are okay with hurting their credit rating to get a ride (the ones who don't pay). Wow. The others must have good insurance to cover the whole damn thing.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:13 pm
I worked at the theater both on the 24th and the 25th; I was surprised by how many people were coming to watch a movie during the Christmas festivities. In fact, I would not be surprised if we sold over 2000 tickets on Christmas Day. xp  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games