Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 pm
This week's topic is... Cancer.

No, this is not a joke. I've got a serious announcement regarding a family member here and I've got to get that out of the bag. cat_sad

My oldest paternal uncle has an inoperable brain tumor in his brain and the doctors say that he's only got less than two years to live. We've got hit by this announcement the day after my big sister's birthday, so we're all understandably shocked by it. All we could do is to hope that he lives the rest of however remaining days he's got left comfortably.

Dad's family has been searching the Internet for ways to treat his cancer when my grandma (from Dad's side) found out about an experimental treatment in which a genetically modified Polio virus is injected into the area where the cancer is. Luckily for us, he can give that a try at a university hospital that's in a city close to where we live. Now, I'm not saying that it's likely that this will cure him, but the possibility is there. And since this hospital just happens to be a three-hour drive from our house, we can check up on him any time within a month.

Yes, my uncle (and his youngest daughter, since she's his designated driver) will be living in the area for a month. That should be plenty of time for me to work on a portrait painting that I've been working on, but never finished. I just hope that I finish it in time to surprise him. We will be making our first visit this weekend. Until then, I'll have to go on ahead and fix up my painting a bit. Again, I hope to finish this by the end of the month.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:50 pm
Sorry about your uncle. And best of luck with finishing that portrait.

I've had several family members and a few friend's family members deal with cancer. Thankfully most of them have been able to beat the cancer they were dealing with. Heck, my friend's mother was told she would only live for another a year or so when she was first diagnosed; she's been cancer free for 6 years now.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers