Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 pm
And Spidey was amazing in it! He was super NERDY and kept geeking out throughout the movie and he was hilarious when he was in the suit and oh my God it was fantastic. My poor movie buddy had to deal with my extreme nerdgasm of a geek out throughout the whole movie and is still having to suffer a whole hour later. No idea how she puts up with me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:00 pm
I saw it a couple of days ago. I agree it was a pretty awesome movie. They did a fabulous job of focusing on the main storyline while still giving adequate screen time to the other superheroes they were bringing in. It was what Batman vs. Superman could have been. Just proves that Marvel and Stan Lee know what they're doing.

Our theater is doing a little competition involving the Civil War theme. We were randomly sorted into "Team Iron Man" or "Team Captain America"; thankfully I was sorted onto my favorite superhero's side - Iron Man. Since we have the Stars of Hope fundraising going on right now, we earn points for our team for every star we sell. Plus with some of the candy we're discontinuing, if a person sells 4 within their shift, they earn a point for their team. It's a lot of fun! biggrin I love that they finally brought back a bit of fun competition for us staff to participate in. Not only does it allow us to bond with each other more but it prompts us to upsell/etc. more to try to get higher numbers.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:56 pm
I just saw it last night and I loved it. Spiderman did not disappoint at all in the movie.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:37 pm
Prof. Moonie
I saw it a couple of days ago. I agree it was a pretty awesome movie. They did a fabulous job of focusing on the main storyline while still giving adequate screen time to the other superheroes they were bringing in. It was what Batman vs. Superman could have been. Just proves that Marvel and Stan Lee know what they're doing.

Our theater is doing a little competition involving the Civil War theme. We were randomly sorted into "Team Iron Man" or "Team Captain America"; thankfully I was sorted onto my favorite superhero's side - Iron Man. Since we have the Stars of Hope fundraising going on right now, we earn points for our team for every star we sell. Plus with some of the candy we're discontinuing, if a person sells 4 within their shift, they earn a point for their team. It's a lot of fun! biggrin I love that they finally brought back a bit of fun competition for us staff to participate in. Not only does it allow us to bond with each other more but it prompts us to upsell/etc. more to try to get higher numbers.

They really did do a great job of introducing new characters and expanding on the lore without sacrificing the story telling or plot development. My only gripe with the movie was, despite my unending love for spidey and how thrilled I was to see him (I literally squealed like a little Catholic school girl), I didn't like that Tony Stark just kind of new it was Pete behind the mask. I wish they took, like, five minutes or so to show him piecing the pieces together and connecting the dots.

That is freaking cool. Gotta love when your boss decides to make a little friendly competition for everyone to take part in. It really is a good way to bring a team closer together  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:39 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Prof. Moonie

They really did do a great job of introducing new characters and expanding on the lore without sacrificing the story telling or plot development. My only gripe with the movie was, despite my unending love for spidey and how thrilled I was to see him (I literally squealed like a little Catholic school girl), I didn't like that Tony Stark just kind of new it was Pete behind the mask. I wish they took, like, five minutes or so to show him piecing the pieces together and connecting the dots.

That is freaking cool. Gotta love when your boss decides to make a little friendly competition for everyone to take part in. It really is a good way to bring a team closer together

I agree that there was quite a bit of unknowns regarding the relationship between Tony Stark and Peter (and his Aunt May). I wonder if they might highlight more about that connection in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

It was probably a combination of several of the associate managers convincing our general manager to actually let it happen. Probably helps that we're tying some of our upselling into the mix, otherwise it probably wouldn't have happened. whee  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:52 am
I saw it opening day.. it was a pretty good popcorn flick to see in theater.

BUT.. -ill put something in white text that's part of the movies plot but isnt really spoilers but if you really wanna know NOTHING about the movie it will save you-

Soo the whole accord thing and the main issue with the movie is that every time the super heroes save someone they leave fallout in their wake, if I was in any room that conversation started all I would be able to say and all I thought during the whole movie was "Your not dead".. "Yeah we killed a couple hundred people buttttt the whole world isn't dead like he planned.".. "Yeah we messed up new york a little but... the aliens didnt get to kill millions and enslave the world."

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:47 pm
Prof. Moonie
wolf_with_a_dragon
Prof. Moonie

I agree that there was quite a bit of unknowns regarding the relationship between Tony Stark and Peter (and his Aunt May). I wonder if they might highlight more about that connection in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

It was probably a combination of several of the associate managers convincing our general manager to actually let it happen. Probably helps that we're tying some of our upselling into the mix, otherwise it probably wouldn't have happened. whee

I really hope the expound on that. I would love to see more story behind that.

Yes! Bribery for the win!  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:49 pm
Shallow Carnage
I saw it opening day.. it was a pretty good popcorn flick to see in theater.

BUT.. -ill put something in white text that's part of the movies plot but isnt really spoilers but if you really wanna know NOTHING about the movie it will save you-

Soo the whole accord thing and the main issue with the movie is that every time the super heroes save someone they leave fallout in their wake, if I was in any room that conversation started all I would be able to say and all I thought during the whole movie was "Your not dead".. "Yeah we killed a couple hundred people buttttt the whole world isn't dead like he planned.".. "Yeah we messed up new york a little but... the aliens didnt get to kill millions and enslave the world."

Right?! I was thinking the exact same thing! They could have done bethere than that. And was I the only one wanting to see the iron spider costume?  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:01 pm
I hate that the promos for the film hijacked the spotlight from Cap (Spider-Man being the worst offender)... but yes, this Spidey/Peter Parker was cool.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:38 pm
m4r1p0s4
I hate that the promos for the film hijacked the spotlight from Cap (Spider-Man being the worst offender)... but yes, this Spidey/Peter Parker was cool.

Honestly, I hated this being a captain America movie. Mainly because the story arc they based it off of is an avengers story arc. They should've made it another avengers movie  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:16 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
m4r1p0s4

Honestly, I hated this being a captain America movie. Mainly because the story arc they based it off of is an avengers story arc. They should've made it another avengers movie

looking at the source material, it could have been much, much worse  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff