Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:50 pm
And might have to move in with my grandparents across the state for it. Oops. lol

We took a tour of this place that's basically a makerspace that's outgrown the title of makerspace, now referred to as a national science center. Pretty much, it's a place where anyone can go to experiment with and build whatever the hell they desire, using equipment that's been donated to the center. They also teach classes and stuff in things like programming, machining, chemistry, etc.

Anyway, at the end of the tour, we had a chance to chat with the organization's president, and I mentioned to him about my machine creativity project. Well, he got so completely pumped about the idea that he was like "Add me on Facebook NOW. I want to talk about this. Do you have an internship right now?" I answered no, then he replied, "Well, you've got one now. Can you come in Monday?"

I still have my day job at the grocery store though, and I live 2.5 hours away so I can't just like go now. But we'll see, I might be able to get my grocery job transferred to one of the locations in that city (since I doubt the internship is paid and I still need money for the school year), and I could probably live in my grandparents' basement for the summer. Trying to make this happen 'cause I really want it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:14 pm
Awesome. Gotta love when life just randomly gives you good things.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:35 am
That is really cool. I think you should definitely look into making it happen.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Nice! Gotta love when you can get something that good. Knew you could get an internship somewhere nice. Our little Hiddo is growing up before our eyes! *sob*  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:29 pm
Awesome! Hopefully everything will work in your favor. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:24 pm
Okay, maybe not an internship. He's not answering my questions relating to it; dude's got the attention span of a fly. lol But at the very least he'll be an excellent connection to have, and is actually the exact kind of person I need in my life right now to figure out how to start a business of my own in the future.

It's just weird because based on the timeline of when he established this place, he should be about my parents' age, yet he acts and speaks like he's 20. xd It's kinda great, actually, meeting an adultier adult who isn't very adulty.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Okay, maybe not an internship. He's not answering my questions relating to it; dude's got the attention span of a fly. lol But at the very least he'll be an excellent connection to have, and is actually the exact kind of person I need in my life right now to figure out how to start a business of my own in the future.

It's just weird because based on the timeline of when he established this place, he should be about my parents' age, yet he acts and speaks like he's 20. xd It's kinda great, actually, meeting an adultier adult who isn't very adulty.

That man is what I aspire to be when I get older in life. A not very adulty adult.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:21 pm
OOooo Good luck! Internships are always a nice experience to have... well not really. Heard some stories of it being otherwise, but regardless... Best of luck.  

Kastralis

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

That man is what I aspire to be when I get older in life. A not very adulty adult.

I know, right?

He spews out internet memes, says "derp" habitually, plays with stuff that probably shouldn't be played with (namely electricity and toxic chemicals), destroys old s**t just for the hell of it via massive crushing robots, and curses like a sailor even in front of kids. This guy is practically my spirit animal. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm
Wait, maybe we're getting somewhere after all. He says he'd be honored to have me intern with them because I am an incredible person. Still hasn't answered my questions, though.

Maybe I should just bullet-point them PowerPoint style. Send them as a presentation. Animate s**t for emphasis. xd  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:01 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

And here we see the reason why I like operating roller coasters for a career.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:03 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Wait, maybe we're getting somewhere after all. He says he'd be honored to have me intern with them because I am an incredible person. Still hasn't answered my questions, though.

Maybe I should just bullet-point them PowerPoint style. Send them as a presentation. Animate s**t for emphasis. xd

Haha! Make sure the animations have lots of pretty colors and flashing lights.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:06 am
Zphal
Hiddochi wolf

Haha! Make sure the animations have lots of pretty colors and flashing lights.

And can't forget old school Word Art titles! lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:03 pm
"accidentally"  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff