Poll for goooldddd
  GOLD
  I have 40 billion gold.
  I dont need your pity poll
View Results

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 pm
"I See them... I feel them... The Past...

The past is my relentless shadow

Soo this anime season i've been watching amongst others Re:Zero and have decided after 8 episodes that it is interesting enough for me to continue watching none of which is actually relevant to the question just that im gonna use a scene from the anime.

In the newest episode (no spoilers) there is a scene where the MC is shown inside his own mind as I would imagine he sees himself on the outside and he's nakkkkid.

Thus I bring this question to you because it seems odd to me as I do not, When you think about yourself in your minds eye do you envision yourself with clothes? or are you in the buff and for that matter if you do envision clothes are they a certain article or just what you are wearing at that moment.

No matter what Brightness shines ahead

...Alll my memories... ill never forget them..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:10 pm
When I subconsciously dream about myself, I typically don't take what I'm wearing into account. It is simply acknowledged I'm clothed in some fashion.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:04 pm
I actually have a really hard time picturing myself in my own mind, though I can see others very clearly. When I try to see myself in a third-person kind of perspective, it's more like I see a generic placeholder/dummy body taking up space and I feel that that placeholder represents me and my actions. But beyond that, I wouldn't know if I'm clothed or not, unless I inherently "feel" that I'm naked in that particular scenario.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:19 am
Hiddochi wolf
I actually have a really hard time picturing myself in my own mind, though I can see others very clearly. When I try to see myself in a third-person kind of perspective, it's more like I see a generic placeholder/dummy body taking up space and I feel that that placeholder represents me and my actions. But beyond that, I wouldn't know if I'm clothed or not, unless I inherently "feel" that I'm naked in that particular scenario.

Basically this. I just always assume I have clothes on, though I couldn't exactly tell you if I do or not when I envision myself. Well, unless I'm thinking of a certain outfit, then it's a generic dummy I call me wearing that particular set of clothes.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:15 pm
When I'm daydreaming and have myself in whatever scenario I've created, the clothes I envision myself wearing usually reflects whatever the universe I've inserted myself into. If it's real life, I'm usually wearing my usual casual attire (t-shirt and jeans) or formal attire (I usually think of a flattering gown that has a trail to it - something I don't have but would be the perfect dress for the occasion; something that I always imagine doing that classic staircase moment in). What I imagine reflects whatever mood or goal, so to speak, I'm in or wanting (i.e. pre-thinking how I want an encounter to go vs. wanting to make an impression).

User Image

But if I'm imagining myself (not an OC - though it may inspire the creation of one) in a fandom of some sort, my attire will reflect whatever fandom I'm thinking of and what role I imagine myself taking on if I existed in that universe (i.e. plaid and jeans [if I'm with the boys] or a black dress suit [if I'm with Crowley] for Supernatural, modern day Victorian-inspired clothing for BBC Sherlock, etc.).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:46 am
Most of the time I don't see myself in my dreams. A lot of them are first person. Others are me as my character. There have been a few "realized I was naked" dreams, but nobody in those dreams ever cares you are in the nude.

When I think about myself, I don't really picture me. I just kind of think and consider things.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

beaulolais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:29 pm
i see myself as a bird

a redbird, a cardinal

it just seems to happen naturally when i am half-dreaming!

no clothing of course, but if i did have clothes they would have to be from the retail where i work

if they have sizes that small  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:40 pm
Spank you very much for your answers everyone heart

It's been very enlightening.. some of them were much more in-depth then I could have hoped for!

Now if you'll will excuse me I have some day dreaming about being in BBC's Sherlock universe before Moonie gets to em.

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:05 pm
Shallow Carnage
Now if you'll will excuse me I have some day dreaming about being in BBC's Sherlock universe before Moonie gets to em.

User Image  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff