Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Moana

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moana
  Make way, make way!
  Moana, it's time you knew
  The village of Motonui's all you need!
View Results

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 pm
So, I just watched Moana. I actually think it was better than Frozen (Though my sister says otherwise... fervently so, though she does still like Moana, she has a personal connection with Elsa.) Moana rescues Maui on multiple occasions throughout the film, and like Frozen, the film explores familial connections between women, and the message isn't as... anvilliciously thudding as Frozen can be. (the secret is love, you say?) Moana is a bit bolder, and is one of the rare films in the Animated Canon to not prioritze romantic love over companionate love.

What did you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 pm
I enjoyed it. I actually still haven't gotten around to Frozen. It didn't look interesting to me. But Moana seemed like something I wanted to watch, so I did, and I did enjoy it. But I think I would've liked it more had it been traditionally animated. But then Disney probably would've worried it'd seem like a Lilo & Stitch ripoff. Idk.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm
Of the Disney/Pixar films, Brave has been my favorite, though I did enjoy Frozen and Moana. I liked how Moana focused on the importance of ancestry and how it may influence one's interests and decisions. As someone who's become quite fascinated with genealogy the past few years, particularly determining my ancestry on my paternal side, Moana captured my interest in that aspect. Plus having gone to Maui, Hawaii back in high school, it was neat to see familiar Hawaiian/Pacific Islander culture aspects appear in the film.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:14 pm
I love Moana, it's my favorite Disney movie. When I saw the title of this thread the first thing thay went through my mind was "make way, make way." and the song started playing in my head. I mean, it's great to see them have Moana overcome both physical and emotional obstacles every time. no matter how much people tried to underestimate her and say she wasn't able to do it she completely ignored them and kept going, always believing in herself. and I honestly believe that's true strength.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games