beaulolais
Prof. Moonie
beaulolais
Prof. Moonie
beaulolais
i am drawn to the actors who portray Doctor Strange and Luke Cage

charisma, general hunkiness

but Ant Man is cutest

The MCU is how I've gotten to know a lot of the Marvel superheroes especially Doctor Strange. But in the case of Doctor Strange, I've expanded my knowledge and familiarity beyond the films by reading some of the comics - both classic and modern takes - and I've absolutely fallen in love with the character. And despite what my friends and family may think, it's not just because Benedict Cumberbatch played him. xd

i wonder what the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth look like

I know for the comics, Hoggoth (one of the god-like identities that make up the Vishanti) usually appears as a humanoid male with tiger-like features. The "hoary hosts" (essentially ghost spirits Hoggoth can draw upon for power) also tend to take on humanoid appearances.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

amazing!
outstanding!

however did you get these images?

my family have a cabin in northern Ontario, well away from civilization, and in a chest there they have preserved comics such as these, bust they are mostly Daredevil and Ghost Rider

User Image

It's called going online and searching "Hoary Hosts of Hoggarth"... and looking at the results that come up. Really not that complicated.

okay, so you are just better at that than i am? i can accept that. hey, some of my friends still refuse to use computers.  

beaulolais

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm
beaulolais
okay, so you are just better at that than i am? i can accept that. hey, some of my friends still refuse to use computers.

You can blame it on the fact that I'm an English major. We're the masters of research. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:43 am
i have heard that some places, like law schools or airlines for instance, prefer English and Philosophy majors.

why?

because they know how to think and talk,  

beaulolais

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:14 pm
beaulolais
i have heard that some places, like law schools or airlines for instance, prefer English and Philosophy majors.

why?

It's understandable for law school because like an English paper, you have to gather all of the facts you need and know how to organize it into a structured manner that will best support your stance. Other subjects may come in handy if one's practice is for a specific field (i.e. Environmental, Family, Bankruptcy/Tax, etc.).

Was there more to your thought or was that all? The last sentence ends with a comma, like there was supposed to be more after it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:43 pm
I'll be going back to the Marvel exhibit with my friend next weekend. So, it'll be interesting to see where Doctor Strange's placement is this time around. And, of course, see if I can get all of the other rankings, since many inquired about it when I first went. biggrin  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

beaulolais

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:07 pm
Prof. Moonie
beaulolais

why?

It's understandable for law school because like an English paper, you have to gather all of the facts you need and know how to organize it into a structured manner that will best support your stance. Other subjects may come in handy if one's practice is for a specific field (i.e. Environmental, Family, Bankruptcy/Tax, etc.).

Was there more to your thought or was that all? The last sentence ends with a comma, like there was supposed to be more after it.

i am not good friends with the keyboard, so i often mix up commas and periods  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm
beaulolais
Prof. Moonie
beaulolais

why?

i am not good friends with the keyboard, so i often mix up commas and periods

Ah, I see.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
I'll probably be posting the new Top 10 results from my recent visit to the Marvel exhibit later tonight. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 pm
And now for a drum roll...

Here are the Top 10 11 as of Jan. 19:

1 - Spider-Man
2 - Black Panther
3 - Groot
4 - Iron Man
5 - Thor
6 - Captain America
7 - Doctor Strange
8 - Wolverine
9 - Rocket
10 - Starlord
11 - Hulk

The screen didn't scroll down beyond the "Top 10" while I was by it. I only know what #11 is because I could see a sliver of the image of him in the second half of the Top 10 photos I took.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash