Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
I will want to try to remember to post this next ATS...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Better set a reminder on my phone...
  P:
View Results

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:58 pm
On January the 2nd.

Fishing

As a once-avid fisher, I would like to submit a potential idea that will both increase Gaia's cash flow and encourage Gaians to play again. Introduce Master Bait, which hooks 0% Junk with increased Rare Fish chance. Personally, I would happily pay 1¢ per play (that is, buy M Class Bait for 1GC a pop).

(I would also encourage you to add a new fishing location Aekea River to match the map location: https://www.gaiaonline.com/worldmap/?m=9 with new fish to increase the incentives to play. Trust me, this would be a major influx of cash for Gaia Online. I would make it a top priority going into 2019 to ensure the site can self-sustain and "stay afloat.")

((I also once advised that a Nitemare Rod should be added as a choice for Gaians when they reach the highest tier. Or, at this point, perhaps add an additional tier for those dedicated Gaia Fishers.))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:57 pm
I've never partaked in fishing myself but sounds like a good proposal to me. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:39 pm
Lying in wait!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 am
I'm not even sure if ATS is today or tomorrow. One guy said it'd be "back to regular Tuesdays" but simultaneously listed the next one as occuring on the 9th. rolleyes

At any rate... my prepared response:

Fishing

As offered last ATS, I created a survey on the subject of potential Fishing updates that staff might consider implementing in the future. The survey was to gauge Gaian's general interest and/or concerns they might have, especially regarding adding a higher tier bait available for purchase with GC. Please see the results below:

Aekea River Expansion Survey
The survery received 172 responses overall over the course of a week.

In particular I want to highlight that there was some concern about adding a paid element to Fishing, however the majority felt it reasonable in light of Gaia's current funding issues. For the most part the survey revealed updates/additional features would cause more Gaians who may not fish much currently to take part in the game a lot more. Many current fishers responded to me directly that their concerns were focused primarily on getting the game more reliably operational before considering future updates. Dialogue also took place at the following thread, should the staff like to view it as well:

Aekea River Expansion, Nitemare Rod, Master Bait, and More!

After collecting all the data it became clear to me that additional surveys detailing each question would probably be helpful as well. If any other constituents have more to add/share, please feel free! smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 am
Well I accidentally missed it.

So I will try again this coming week.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:46 pm
Well I happen to be on fifteen minutes before the next one so I guess I'll d**k around and wait. xd  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:48 pm
The shame is that I've gotten 200+ responses but can only see 100 of them with a free version of SurveyMonkey. And ofc it's a really stupid amount like $30 even for a student version. rolleyes I'm not gonna waste $30 on that, especially when Gaia probably won't look at it closely. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:49 pm
Some quick edits...

Fishing

As offered a couple ATSes ago, I created a survey on the subject of potential Fishing updates that staff might consider implementing in the future. The survey was to gauge Gaian's general interest and/or concerns they might have, especially regarding adding a higher tier bait available for purchase with GC. Please see the results below:

Aekea River Expansion Survey
The survery received 201 responses overall over the course of two weeks.

In particular I want to highlight that there was some concern about adding a paid element to Fishing, however the majority felt it reasonable in light of Gaia's current funding issues. For the most part the survey revealed updates/additional features would cause more Gaians who may not fish much currently to take part in the game a lot more. Many current fishers responded to me directly that their concerns were focused primarily on getting the game more reliably operational before considering future updates. Dialogue also took place at the following thread, should the staff like to view it as well:

Aekea River Expansion, Nitemare Rod, Master Bait, and More!

After collecting all the data it became clear to me that additional surveys detailing each question would probably be helpful as well. If any other constituents have more to add/share, please feel free! smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:05 pm
That went pretty well.

I wonder if there's any other help I can lend.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:58 pm
Items

Just wanted to express my delight over the recent Hungry Baby and Good Hungry Baby items; I adore them! whee heart Any chance you’ll be releasing a Bad Hungry Baby soon? wink

Also, thanks for the 1000p grant on Monday to make up for the last two Sunday flubs; that was really cool of you guys. 3nodding  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers