Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Sandwiches are usually just the savory versions of cakes.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:34 pm
Change my mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:12 am
Nah, I don't think I will.

Is this the reason I like sandwiches so much, or the reason I like cakes so much?  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 am
Officially Skepty
Nah, I don't think I will.

Is this the reason I like sandwiches so much, or the reason I like cakes so much?

Both! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm
Not sure if I agree with that, on the one hand I agree that it's mostly a baked product. And optionally a filling inside of it.

Though I wouldn't call it a sandwich if you have a piece of bread and you coat it in butter. Calling a sandwich a savory layered cake I'd accept more.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 pm
Hmm... interesting interpretation.

The only difference is typically you eat cakes with a fork (or whatever eating utensil you have available at the time) and sandwiches you hold in your hands.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am
Prof. Moonie

The only difference is typically you eat cakes with a fork (or whatever eating utensil you have available at the time) and sandwiches you hold in your hands.
Not always though, there are open faced sandwiches that are usually served hot with gravy and mashed potatoes. and there are also sandwich cakes (though those are pretty much always just a cheap dessert snack that you buy in like, a gas station).  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:01 am
wellwisher
Prof. Moonie

Not always though, there are open faced sandwiches that are usually served hot with gravy and mashed potatoes. and there are also sandwich cakes (though those are pretty much always just a cheap dessert snack that you buy in like, a gas station).

Obviously there's exceptions depending on the sandwich and how much goodies are loaded on them. And the same goes for cakes, such as cupcakes and other small dessert items.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 am
Making an analogy without defining any specifics can lead tho this sort of roundabout discussion that doesn't lead anywhere.

Too vague and anything can be stretched to fit, too specific and and it won't be a topic people can make enough connections to. And honestly no matter how specific/vague you get there will be examples that can both be stretched to fit or refute the original statement.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:15 am
wellwisher
Making an analogy without defining any specifics can lead tho this sort of roundabout discussion that doesn't lead anywhere.

Too vague and anything can be stretched to fit, too specific and and it won't be a topic people can make enough connections to. And honestly no matter how specific/vague you get there will be examples that can both be stretched to fit or refute the original statement.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Because if you were going off what is only given in the original post... one could say lasagna is a cake.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:32 pm
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

Yeah, I agree with this.

Because if you were going off what is only given in the original post... one could say lasagna is a cake.
Or Meatloaf. (it's a loaf, usually incorporates bread, meat, and veggies.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:48 am
Prof. Moonie

This thread is significantly altering my perceptions of food.

That said, I have not yet been able to get my mind to accept lasagna as a replacement dessert. It still just wants regular cake.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Officially Skepty
Prof. Moonie

That said, I have not yet been able to get my mind to accept lasagna as a replacement dessert. It still just wants regular cake.

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:24 am
Officially Skepty
Prof. Moonie

There technically are dessert lasagnas.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 am
wellwisher
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

Yeah, I agree with this.

Or Meatloaf. (it's a loaf, usually incorporates bread, meat, and veggies.)

Essentially a savory version of a fruitcake. Just a tastier version. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers