Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:31 pm
So how was the RenFair? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:09 pm
It was a lot of fun! The drive up there went quite smooth and really easy to find. Thankfully my friends and I were occasionally posting on the FB event page we had on our group, so we could keep tabs on where everyone was and where to meet up, if we got separated.

I managed to finish my costume the night before the event. The eye/hooks on the top could use some improvement as they weren't staying closed as well as they were supposed to (had to use a safety pin to hold the top portion closed because it kept wanting to come undone). Otherwise, considering I only had a week to work on it, with a few hour spurts every so often between work shifts, I'm quite impressed with how it turned out. Aside from my friends in our group, there was one other faire attendee I know who asked to take my photo. 3nodding

Although it was cloudy, the weather was kind enough to refrain from raining like it had done the night before (pouring and thunder/lightning). I was afraid it was going to rain like the other two "vacations" I've gone on - both being camping trips. It did end up being quite warm though, so it was a bit muggy at times.

Took some photos of our group together and among the long grasses in the field just behind the stages of the performing area. Enjoyed several types of mead (plum and "dragon's blood") and a cider during my time there - all in a new silver mug I bought at the faire. It's got a lovely Scottish thistle on the one side, which appealed to me rather than just the plain styles or the ren faire-specific designed ones. Also, got to see some jousting and sword/weapon fighting. 3nodding

Definitely would consider going to another one again, if my schedule is accommodating.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

TheLuckyOne149

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:10 pm
I'm glad you mostly seemed to have Fun, whoever went. I somewhat wish I could go to things like that. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:24 pm
TheLuckyOne149
I'm glad you mostly seemed to have Fun, whoever went. I somewhat wish I could go to things like that. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!

Oh, I definitely had fun, no question about that. I definitely would recommend looking to see if there's any Ren Faires (or similar events) in your area. Sometimes it's a bit of drive, just because of the location they take place to get the adequate atmosphere, but it's totally worth it. And they're actually pretty affordable; the one I went to was only like $15 or something for the event ticket and then a bit of money for food/drinks and any goodies you buy from the vendors.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers