Plenty of riots going on.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:27 am
Was up late last night watching some livestreams of the rioting going on in my city.

There's, what, about 5 ish cities getting the blunt of the unrest? Minneapolis, San Jose, Atlanta, Washington DC, and Houston are the main ones where protesting has gotten violent. (Other cities have been less violent. It also seems as though most of the arrests are not natives. (as in not natives to the location) Most of the looters aren't from the city they're looting. And we've heard from the hacked in police dispatch radios that there are undercover cops in the rioters and looters, for, some reason? They haven't been very vocal as to why they've been in the crowds over the radio, but, it's happening. (There are several reasons, most good, some not so good.) And they're calling it over dispatch, so it's not like they're in the crowd protesting as their main reason.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 pm
I am mortified to live in a country whose police enforcement and news outlets sabotage peaceful protests for their own gain. My theory is that policemen infiltrate protests and incite riots and looting to prevent a righteous comparison of protesters to MLK civil rights protesters. And news outlets sabotage peaceful protests because it gains more attention. I mean, come on, chants and marches compared to fires and broken glass with tear gas? Which is better clickbait?

When I learned about yellow journalism, I learned that I wasn't cut out for journalism, because I don't do it for the validation/popularity, I do it for the truth/curiosity.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:35 am
The city across the river from me had a curfew established yesterday as a result of the riot activity that's been going on.

So glad that none of the dangerous riot acts have been happening anywhere where I have to go.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 am
Yeah, I live in SJ and I gotta be real with y'all, I'm pretty freaked out.

Spent most of last night tossing and turning, trying to decide if I would be better off spending my time packing my valuables into my car to drive off to the country where my parents live. neutral

Morning came and... I'm still not sure. I don't know how much of what I'm feeling is paranoia versus legitimate concern.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:46 pm
Zphal
Yeah, I live in SJ and I gotta be real with y'all, I'm pretty freaked out.

Spent most of last night tossing and turning, trying to decide if I would be better off spending my time packing my valuables into my car to drive off to the country where my parents live. neutral

Morning came and... I'm still not sure. I don't know how much of what I'm feeling is paranoia versus legitimate concern.
It's legitimate concern, compounded by paranoia.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:04 pm
I'm quietly watching, hoping riots don't come to where I am. People have been pretty civil here, but I've heard Nashville, in the next state over now has a curfew of 10pm.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Thankfully the protests that have been happening in the park a few blocks away from my work place has stayed peaceful, from what I've read. Though I did read about one incident where some gal pulled up by the park in her car, opened her door, and waved an American flag while holding a gun in her lap. After making some adjustments of the gun (clearly threatening those present), people were getting nervous enough they notified the police about what she was doing and they arrested her.

I haven't worked during the protests until today. So, most of my concern is for my co-workers and residents at the assisted living - worried that the protests will turn violent and the danger will affect them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:13 am
Protests are protests until a few things happen.
If emotions and tensions run too high. (This is on the protesters)

If the police response is way too high compared to the level of the protest. (which has been why things have been continuing in cities which is on the Police and their superiors)

Or if those looking to take advantage of the chaos that protests start something. (This is unfortunately not something the protests can fully control, and the police will lump these individuals with the protesters, despite not having any real connection outside of abusing the chaos)

Many protests start and end peacefully.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

TheLuckyOne149

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:34 pm
Yeah, it really isn't that good it seems. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games