Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 pm
What's gone on in everyone's lives the past few years?

I'm still married. We've been together for 11 years. Still no kids.

I switched positions at work to a corporate position (which I absolutely love & I love my boss, so there's that) I've also been working from home since March, which, I also love. But, I do miss my office at work. The couple of times I have popped in, someone's been working in my office. It's whatever, just as long as they don't break or ruin s**t lol. Although I love working from home, I feel it's starting to take a toll on my mental health, because I don't go anywhere. But also because other things have happened.

Which brings me to this.

I lost my Mom in March. She had basically been in the hospital since September 2019. She initially went in for a simple stent surgery, and ended up having complications. She was still fully coherent, and made the decision to start hospice. She came home Friday March 13th, and passed away on Monday March 23rd. She was 56 years old. This has by far been the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with. I miss my Mom so much. Losing her has put me into the deepest depression I've ever been in, and I'm not going to lie, I've thought about just ending things for myself. But I remember how much my Mom struggled to want to live, and here I am just taking my life for granted.

Idk, didn't mean to take a dark turn neutral

I mean, other than that, nothing really has happened...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:53 am
Well, I don't think there is a lot for me to uncover. But I'll come up with something.

I kinda gave up on the idea of transition as doctors didn't even were willing to do a breast reduction with me due to my weight so now I'm kinda just flowing in a non-binary category as I've accepted my body as it is. Though if I do lose enough weight to do that reduction I'd probably still do it mostly to relieve back pain.

I no longer have a job because the bus service I used seems to really hate me for some reason. Though I probably could have still taken the public bus instead of the small bus I figured they were going to somehow ban me from both which doesn't seem to make sense, but I hated working there at me as I felt that staff looked down on me because I have Autism. Or they simply treated me like a child.

For the weight loss, I'm actually not really going anywhere with that. I'm not really losing weight. I'm not really gaining it either. Just maintaining. Though there are some things I could do to improve my chances of losing I'm just not really doing enough. I did at least go down five pounds within the last week.

Cat died at the beginning of 2019. I still miss her. She was 19 years old when she passed. She was an elder. It was due to kidney failure. I do eventually want to get a Staryu tattoo on one of my arms as a memorial. [Her name was Misty.]

Mom now moved back to this state after living in Wisconsin for a little over 10 years. She'll be getting married later this year.... probably.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Hmm... I don't think there's really been any drastic changes.

I still have my two jobs - weekend receptionist at the assisted living and floor staff at the theater (though that's been put on hold due to current pandemic events - unsure when the theater will reopen). I also still volunteer at the local animal shelter.

Um... I moved into my own place at the beginning of the year. Timing of that was quite interesting. Had to fight with snowy conditions when first moving stuff in... and then the pandemic happened. xd It's been nice to have a place of my own. Been getting into gardening a bit more; I purchased some lavender and catmint plants that have done quite well. I've made some tea and shortbread cookies with the lavender buds. The location of my place is nice too because I can easily walk to downtown (i.e. library), the nearby trails, or to the docks at the river.

About a week or so ago marked a year since the sudden passing of one of my best friends. Still hard to believe he's gone. I still find moments where I think about him, either reminiscing on memories I shared with him or hearing a song I associated with him.

Still cosplaying. I became part of a cosplay group that are fans of Critical Role. We did a lot of get-togethers both at cons and outside of them. Definitely missing getting to do those with current situations. I didn't even get to attend one single con this year. sad

Hmm... not sure what else to mention...  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff