View Results

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm
A while ago I'd seen videos on Tik Tok about a challenge where you take 100 envelopes and each week you pick two at random and fill it according to what it on the envelope.

I'm trying that, but I took it to some extreme. I have over 500 numbered envelopes. All numbered 1-100 all numbers picked by dice or a random number generator.

I tried to do that near the beginning of the year. Yet I stopped when COVID had come up. I ended up opening all the envelopes I've filled from before. I'm going to try again. Luckily I still have all those envelopes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm
So, it's an incentive to save money? Is that what it's supposed to be?  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:49 pm
Prof. Moonie
Pretty much. With the envelopes there I have more motivation to set some money aside. Then with the money in envelopes, I'm less likely to use it. I find that it helps quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 pm
Vikabro
Prof. Moonie
Pretty much. With the envelopes there I have more motivation to set some money aside. Then with the money in envelopes, I'm less likely to use it. I find that it helps quite a bit.

Ah, I see.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:44 am
I've heard of this. An interesting concept. I'll admit I don't keep as much paper currency around as I used to, but whenever I get coins I kind of horde them.

Which, with the current "coin shortage," I can't help but wonder if it gets bad enough if there will be government incentivization for people to spend them? Like, I'd be willing to empty some of my large piggy banks I've accumulated over the years for double their value. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am
Zphal
I've heard of this. An interesting concept. I'll admit I don't keep as much paper currency around as I used to, but whenever I get coins I kind of horde them.

Which, with the current "coin shortage," I can't help but wonder if it gets bad enough if there will be government incentivization for people to spend them? Like, I'd be willing to empty some of my large piggy banks I've accumulated over the years for double their value. xd
I kinda do the same with my coins. Or at least until I'm short on money and need to use them. I don't really have a lot at the moment since I did exchange most of what I had to various stores for cash.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:23 am
Zphal

I have a bunch of change I've got collected in one of those small plastic jam buckets. xd Usually I accumulate a bunch and then my Mom and I would go through them because we were doing the coin collecting thing. We're not into it as much as we had been but we still try to fill in the last few spots we're missing in our coin books.

Depositing the change into my account at the bank became a whole ordeal, which may have played a part in our lack of interest. Initially they were fine with us bringing the change loose in a bag. Then suddenly they changed their protocol wanting change to be rolled up ((which I thought was ridiculous since they just break them open to confirm it had the correct amount inside)). And the last time I went in, I think they wanted the change loose again... but that was years ago. So I don't know what they're doing now a days.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:50 am
So far when it came to coins I never really tried to take them to a bank. I either just spend them or take them to a coin star. Never really more than $50 most of the time.

Currently, I have rolled up what I can and had them set aside so I'm unlikely to get to them. I have a hard time keeping coins rolled up. I usually tear the rolls open just to roll them back again. It probably sounds a bit stupid but it might be partly thanks to my autism and that the act of rolling the coins of somewhat soothing. Honestly, I don't even get why I do it and I get irritated when I do. The same thing applies to those counting banks. After I have my coins put into it I will sometimes be tempted to dump them all out. Reset the bank then put them all back it. I especially hate that because if there are a lot of coins the task can get tedious.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Meh101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:38 pm
I have never heard of this...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm
Meh101
I think I only know of it because there were many videos on TikTok that spoke of this challenge. I don't think I've seen anything about it outside of TikTok.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Meh101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 am
Vikabro
Meh101
I think I only know of it because there were many videos on TikTok that spoke of this challenge. I don't think I've seen anything about it outside of TikTok.

Yea i don't do tiktok.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 pm
I have a bit of an update regarding this subject.

First off that I had to do a bit of a restart to the envelope thing as I got better envelopes and I ended up needing the money saved so far. Though since then I was able to save up near the same amount I had set aside.

The second is that last month I had a dumbass moment. I couldn't have a counting bank without constantly dumping it and resounding what I had. It is partly thanks to my Autism. Either way, I bought a new one. Though the funny thing is that I have yet had the urge to dump it out. I've had it for a full month and I didn't once dump it. I'm kinda proud of that.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items