Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!
A Choice of Why Not? Banners

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which banner do you choose?
View Results

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:30 pm
I came to realize that perhaps Clove's Why Not? Banner for our Guild was not selected because there were not enough options to choose from.

Well, you can thank me for offering more choices. They are all quite different in stunning ways -- type choice, zany configurations of the words, color, and originality. The font designs came from Cool Text and I sized them for the proper banner size of 200x40 with the GIMP Art Program

1. Original Banner design created by Clove Boheme.
User Image

2. Variation of the Original Why Not? Banner (upside-down)
User Image

3. 2nd Variation of the Original Why Not? Banner (backwards words)
User Image

4.Dark-Rosy Why Not?
User Image

5. Why Not? Blue-Yellow
User Image

6.Why Not? in Concrete Grey
User Image

7. Backwards Why Not? in Concrete Grey
User Image

8 Scripted Why Not? in PINK
User Image

In the poll, make your vote count!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:02 pm
How I made two duplicate threads on the identical subject, is beyond me. But you get 2 chances to vote on the banners, so that is sorta cool. So, even if you change your mind on your banner preference, you still get some plat for voting, and your vote will be heard. Or seen. Or shown in the poll. It's all fun, amIright?
LOL  

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Nebula Novice 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:00 pm
I chose #1.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 pm
We've heard you, relax, just be patient. If your banner gets used then it gets used, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Many of us are quite busy with things.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:33 pm
wellwisher
We've heard you, relax, just be patient. If your banner gets used then it gets used, if it doesn't then it doesn't. Many of us are quite busy with things.

User Image

Real life is more important than worrying about updating a banner on a website. Not saying Why Not guild doesn't mean anything - it does. But somethings hold more importance to someone than a collection of pixels. And sometimes that means it may take months before someone logs back onto Gaia to respond to conversations that have transpired since their last log in.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:48 pm
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

User Image

Real life is more important than worrying about updating a banner on a website. Not saying Why Not guild doesn't mean anything - it does. But somethings hold more importance to someone than a collection of pixels. And sometimes that means it may take months before someone logs back onto Gaia to respond to conversations that have transpired since their last log in.

User Image

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Nebula Novice 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:12 pm
BatChic
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

User Image

User Image

Interesting that this whole website is based on collecting pixels -- in the form of dressed-up avatars. And Gaia rewards users to log in daily AND make conversations in the Forums. Real life is more than Gaia. But Gaia depends on users from Real life to make a profit, and make things work.

Why Not? may not care about pretty pixels -- obviously -- but to point a finger at the artist who took time to care about this guild to create a pretty pixel banner hurts a bit. For a policy of "No rules -- just fun," it's hitting me pretty hard, my dear. cat_cry  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:16 am
Gaia is a site that does a lot of things, arguing that dressing up avatars is the main reason for it is perhaps slightly misguided though not entirely untrue. Gaia does reward diligence, but that's the site's programming. It does require users taking time out of their day to stay functioning with ad revenue as well as purchasing of gaia cash. That does not correlate to guild ownership though and is not really connected to how individuals run their own corner of the site.

What do you mean about pointing a finger? You've been constantly advertising your banner, we've looked at it, we've seen your advertising of it. We have not got an answer for you at this time. If we use your banner we will use your banner. If we do not use your banner we will not use your banner. Being upset about requiring patience is childish. You do not want to push it too the point where you become pushy and demanding. Yes it's taken quite a lot of time to do rather little, but as it has been stated, real world obligations will always supersede online free time. It may take a month, or two, or more to do things that might seem to be a "it only takes a few minutes." Not everyone has the same amount of free time as everyone else.

If, as an example, I took a week to respond to something that someone else responded to within 3 minutes, because I was unable to, should that be held against me? Be patient, any attacks directed towards you could be imagined slights, or if they're real, may be from annoyances from your somewhat demanding attitude. You're free to communicate with any of us crew/vice captains/captain when you have needs, but wants and desires will be addressed when there's available time.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:57 am
We do notice the work put into projects that users do, especially when it has to do with improving the guild, But sometimes life gets busy and there's nothing that can be done about that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:15 pm
wellwisher
Gaia is a site that does a lot of things, arguing that dressing up avatars is the main reason for it is perhaps slightly misguided though not entirely untrue. Gaia does reward diligence, but that's the site's programming. It does require users taking time out of their day to stay functioning with ad revenue as well as purchasing of gaia cash. That does not correlate to guild ownership though and is not really connected to how individuals run their own corner of the site.

What do you mean about pointing a finger? You've been constantly advertising your banner, we've looked at it, we've seen your advertising of it. We have not got an answer for you at this time. If we use your banner we will use your banner. If we do not use your banner we will not use your banner. Being upset about requiring patience is childish. You do not want to push it too the point where you become pushy and demanding. Yes it's taken quite a lot of time to do rather little, but as it has been stated, real world obligations will always supersede online free time. It may take a month, or two, or more to do things that might seem to be a "it only takes a few minutes." Not everyone has the same amount of free time as everyone else.

If, as an example, I took a week to respond to something that someone else responded to within 3 minutes, because I was unable to, should that be held against me? Be patient, any attacks directed towards you could be imagined slights, or if they're real, may be from annoyances from your somewhat demanding attitude. You're free to communicate with any of us crew/vice captains/captain when you have needs, but wants and desires will be addressed when there's available time.

It seems to me that this was a long, involved reply for addressing a simple matter of not wanting to address the option of choosing a revised banner for this Guild.

And yes, Clove Boheme and I have feelings around this subject -- creating digital work is a passion for both of us.

But if the crew/vice captains/captain have no desire/time to put the banner question on the agenda -- then that is fine. You run this guild as you run this guild -- I mean, Why Not?

It was my idea to make a joke about all of this -- but if the crew/vice captains/captain saw this miscommunication as "demanding" -- then, I am left speechless.

I will, for now on envision a banner for Why Not as this:

User Image

Letting a sleeping dog lie

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Nebula Novice 100
"CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games