Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Tim Hortons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-Rapist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:33 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:48 pm
Dude, be the whistle-blower. Call them on it, start the revolution.

"The best way to get results is to incite conflict."

Corporations have loads wrong with them, it's up to insiders like you to get them out!

Honestly, I don't have much else to add to the topic. I can't boycott them because I've never heard of them (American as charged), but I do agree with your position.

Keep fighting the good fight, eh?  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:05 pm
Welcome to everything that is fast food. Although tim hortons does take the freash thing a little too far. It doesnt mean that they always do it. I have had some pretty hard and nasty doughnuts before, that I am certain were over a day old.
As for the throwing away of things. I used to work at a KFC at the end of the day they would throw everything that was there away. Even with almost every kid working there would offer to bring the left over chickin home for their famillys. Nope it had to be counted then tossed. We got in trouble for takeing it home instead of putting it in the garbage. With the amount of food wasted there thats like killing two chickins and tossing them right away. If they are going to die, at least let them be eaten.
As for trying to change the way they deal with 'old' food. If you tryed anything they would squish is with their corporate power.
I am happy that one of my jobs now is with Quiznos... Its not all stores.. just mine. Since our manager likes to spend as little time here as possable, and our supervisors are awsome. We are allowed to take home unused food, we give our bottles to homeless, and sometimes even give them food. We actually have very little waste, only some bread that is accedntly left out of the bags too long and gets hard.
boycotting them would not be too bad... second cup and starbucks are better anyway.(not like second cup are not nazis when you are employed by them though)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Yes, show to the world that Good ol' Timmie's is just ol', and not very good at all. But before you do, you should try to find other people, and take pictures, and audio to show the people and make a strong point that Timmies can't defend themselves against.  

Man Sheck

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff