Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Addictions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hiitachin Kaoru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:02 pm
locke317
When I am reading, I completely ignore my surroundings.

Yea, me too. My friends just give up trying to get my attention and just whack me over the head or something... sweatdrop
What's really bad is when i read in class and the teacher calls on my and I dont respond... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:08 pm
Some of the addictions I have is anime actualy. Ever since I was very young, I could remeber running home as fast as possible after school to catch Hamtaro and Sailor Moon on TV. Still today I run home to check to see if some of my more mature animes have been recieved in the mail ( We are in the middle of no where, I order mine online) I also started reading manga more and more, and I had to buy a bigger bookshelf so I could fit them all on the shelf, Grandma told me to sell some of them, but they are way too precious to me now. I could stay up for nights and nights watching anime with no sleep at all, taking odd jobs like walking dogs, babysitting, and even trying to sell drawings to desperate people at school, just to be able to buy more...

I guess I would define an addiction of something you love, and something that is precious to you, whether it be drugs, anime, or shiny objects. Things that amuse you so much that you think about it most of the day, try to get your friends to talk about with you even though they just smile and nod at every word you say, trying not to be rude, before going to bed kissing it goodnight, dreaming about it... something that is on your mind all the time.

I don't control my addiction. I simply feel I'll either get over it, or it'll continue on. The feeling for my anime might grow, or it might fade. Either way, I am fine with it, even though it costs a ton of money.  

Koretaa

Dustbuster2000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:14 pm
Ice. I know it's a wierd one, but I literally cannot go even a few hours without some. I swear it calls to me. When I have no ice I go crazy. I yell at everyone in the house to stay away from the ice. My teeth are starting to crack in the back and I usually suffer from terrible sharp pain, but I still need my ice. Here I am eating Ice at this very moment and thinking that I wish I had more in my cup.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:20 pm
this is gonna sound stupid I'm addicted to chocolate, lemonade and gaia, oh and fruit and reading and drawing sweatdrop  

BlackFaery16

Wolf Spirit62

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:28 pm
It's bad when people say they are addicted to things like gaia. You are not addicted to it, You won't go through physical withdrawl without it, and you won't have real phycological withdrawl either. You be upset, REALLY wann aget on gaia. But you won't go through real withdrawls of any kind.

Addiction can be mental and/or physical. I'm addicet to caffiene. I get headaches and stomachaches without it. Also I mentally think I need it.

BlackFaery16, you said you were addicted to chocolae, thats not stupid, actually it has caffiene (addicting drug) and it has chemicals that give off pleasure feeling. Its a proven fact. Lemonade could be addicting, drawing more of an hobby/obsession i think probably,

adictin is not something you love...or precious to you (as Koretaa said) Its a physical dependence on something. You can't live without it.
-Kacy
PS...look it up...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:39 am
it can be both a physical and emotional thing. where you feel that you need it to keep going, are trying to dodge bullets to get it, etc, or you could need it to keep life giong normally for you. it's like a chicken or egg logic  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers