Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Family issues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gama100

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:02 pm
Okay I love my mom to death, but lets just say she's sorta clueless. Like she still thinks she's sixteen when she has three kids. I know I shouldn't be sharing personal family stuff over the internet, but all my friends keep saying is confront her, but I'm not sure that's the way.

You see what she does is, she has issues with coming home and my step-dad gets really angry because of it. I used to stick up for her cuz she's my mom, but it's gotten to the point where I dont want to stick up for her anymore. I don't know if she's going threw a mid life crisis or what, but she's only 35. It's not like she's old. It'd be okay if she went out every now and then, but almost every night? It's not like she stays out till only 9 or 10 she stays out late. She doesn't understand that she has children. She may not like that fact, but it's not my fault she had more kids than me, so I shouldn't have to pay for it. She always has something more important to do than care for her own family. Now dont get me wrong, she's a great mom and loves us all so much, but everyone has their problems right? And this is hers. So dont' think she's a bad mother ok? She really does try her best, but still...

Like I said before I know some of you are gonna think I'm a horrible daughter for blabbing it on the internet, but maybe you guys might have some better advice for me. So what should I do about all of this?  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:08 pm
Well have you confronted her about her night-time habits?
At all?

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gama100

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:19 pm
I have in the past, but she gets so defensive and when i argue back she says I'm getting defensive. Like example. phone conversation. me: "yea well mom you need ot get home it's late" her: "I'll be home in 5 min sweetie." 45 min later me:"mom seriously. come home" her: "I'm trying to make money! I'm doing the best I can! I'll be home soon!" you see her friend runs a taxi buisness and occasionally she helps him out and whether or not if he feels like it. she gets paid or not.

My step-dad took the computer to his moms. I'm over there right now. He got mad and took the computer. So because he's mad at her I have to suffer. The other night she left and didn't come home at all. Wasn't even there to take us to school. I'll admit we've been having money problems lately cuz we had a fire (long story no getting into it), but why cant she just go out and get a normal job? not a job that pays 50 bucks every other week. I'm pretty sure wal-mart doesn't require a college degree. The computer thing was the last straw though. F*** that seriously. We dont have a house phone and I dont have a cell phone. I'm isolated.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:09 pm
I feel truly bad for you.

How old are you?

If you're "of age" you could always get a job or offer to get a job to help with supporting the family.
Maybe the offer alone will knock some sense into her?

It also makes me wonder what your mom's doing with this taxi guy... not to be gross or anything, I just haven't any idea what she'd be doing to help him out.

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gama100

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:19 pm
oh its nothing like that. he dates her friend. She drives 4 him if he's short a person. trust me my step-dad has already thrown that into her face. I can't really blame him though. I still have no computer. i dont think he's bringing it back. i'm at my friends house and her computer has a broken keyboard. ugh!

I was trying to get a job at chik-fi-la and when i asked her to take me to get an application she complained that taking me to work everyday would run her gas out. (i cant drive legally yet) So i told her to forget it. (I'll just get my step-dad to take me to get an application. He actually wants me to get a job.) It's so screwed up cuz it's not like i can just get up and leave, I can't drive. I hate going home and I'm on summer vacation so that's where i'm going to have to be. She left again last night i havn't talked to her since. No one has. My little sisters went to their grandma's cuz I guess my step-dad got sick of babysitting all the time.

This is so gay it's not fair. I didn't do anything to deserve this. I'm a kid, what the hell? Did i do something wrong?  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:49 pm
Just talk to her, I guess. That's a tough one.  

Omega Girlie

gama100

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:02 pm
Well things are getting a little better. Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated 3nodding When the time comes I'll talk to her. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:15 am
This is a tough one. But really, if it's money she's making staying up that late, you should tell her that she should get a new job. But tell her nicely tell her that you want her to get a new job that she doesn;t have to stay up late for because you want to spend more time with her.  

Super Weeaboo

royal jester york

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:52 am
she just is worried and going out havcing fun is how ppl deal with it, just like any person would, your mom just needs to come to terms with her situation and learn how to deal with it better,

il admitit my dad tries to make any situation funny, due to the fact that he bottles upall the crap he takes and never stands up fpr himself, offhand his marriage sucks and my stepmom is rude and irrogant ot others feelings.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games