Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
A little help please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gama100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:36 pm
Okay I honestly feel a litle weird talking about this, but i've run out of options.

Well you see I like this guy...alot. And although I've only met him once in person, we had talked a little bit before that, like on aim. That's how I talk to him now: over aim. Some ppl say that I can't like a guy I barely know, but when we talk over aim it's like we're bestest friends. I know it's only aim, but still. He's just so casual with me, but my fear is that he's that kind of person with everyone. Yea he's not the most attracting, but that doesn't even bother me. He's like the funniest person in the world and he's so intellegent. He's really gonna do something with his life and I like that. That's hard to find. But then sprouts another prblem. He's a senior and I'm a freshman and I know it sounds weird, but he's only like 2 or 3 years older than me. That's not alot (in my opinion).

I don't "crush" alot, but when I do I really want it to work. I have oppurtunities to hang at his house, but I'm not sure if I should. I guess I'm shy of going to his house.(it's different than aim) Cuz some of my friends are his. The one time we actually did hang out we played the original mario on nintendo. It was fun. I just don't know. I met him by just comming out and say hi. All spontaniously and he didn't seem to mind. It didn't freak him out or anything. He wondered who the hell I was but we both laughed it off. I told him he seemed interesting and that I wanted to meet him. Now we get along pretty well. We don't talk everyday or anything, but when we do talk we talk for a good amount of time. (the longest convo was from like 8 or 9 to maybe 1am) I know I typed alot, but I have no where else to turn. I don't even know where to start with this.

Any help is appreciated blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:37 pm
Just try to hang out a bit more if you can, get to know him more in real life rather than on aim. if possible(It's good you hung out with him before*).. sometimes people can be very different than how they act on a computer. Just a small note.

Just because he's a bit older doesn't really make that big of a difference because some relationships can be +5 years apart.  

Impish Desires

unhuman820

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:54 pm
you need to hang out with hem more ofter and the age thing is not a big deal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:23 pm
oh ok. thanks guys ♥ I actually have gotten a chance to hang out with him a bit more. It went well I think. Umm any more help is still much appreciated though surprised  

gama100

Mouse it Up

Bashful Shapeshifter

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:33 pm
that kind of reminds me of myself in my freshman year. i met a guy, and we were both extremely shy. two or three years is not a lot at all. my parents are like four-five years apart, not a big deal. but anyway, that guy and i talked on aim a lot. we got comfy wih each other online, but it was harder in person. but (over the long course of a whole freakin' year gonk ) we got more familiar with each other. it was awsome. the way we got to know each other before aim though, was through letters. 3nodding i wrote him a letter, he wrote back. gradually they got longer and we have now been dating for eight months (i am only counting the official months too). but the letter thing helps. or e mails. yep. just ask questions. he would ask me the strangest things, like 'do you like crunchy or smooth peanut butter?' rofl we always look back and laugh, because we have asked each other almost every question possible! but really, that helps if talking in person is too hard (and, trust me, i know how that is)

he he, he just signed on!! 4laugh heart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:47 pm
blacklamb
that kind of reminds me of myself in my freshman year. i met a guy, and we were both extremely shy. two or three years is not a lot at all. my parents are like four-five years apart, not a big deal. but anyway, that guy and i talked on aim a lot. we got comfy wih each other online, but it was harder in person. but (over the long course of a whole freakin' year gonk ) we got more familiar with each other. it was awsome. the way we got to know each other before aim though, was through letters. 3nodding i wrote him a letter, he wrote back. gradually they got longer and we have now been dating for eight months (i am only counting the official months too). but the letter thing helps. or e mails. yep. just ask questions. he would ask me the strangest things, like 'do you like crunchy or smooth peanut butter?' rofl we always look back and laugh, because we have asked each other almost every question possible! but really, that helps if talking in person is too hard (and, trust me, i know how that is)

he he, he just signed on!! 4laugh heart

haha that made me feel alot better about all of this. biggrin its just i hope it doesnt take a year cuz he's graduating this year. stare but we're gonna hang out on sunday... blaugh  

gama100

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff