Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Religion hopping, that's what I call it

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeeVee28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:29 am
My family is Catholic (well, my father and I THINK my mother... ... never mind) and I was raised that way.
But, sometime last year, I broke away because I didn't believe in some of the Catholic ideals.
I was agnostic for months, then recently I became a non-denominational Christian.
And that was just yesterday.
Now, my father has spoken to me about the Catholic beliefs that I had trouble with, and I found that I understood it.
Now I want to consider myself a Catholic, but how do I know for sure that this is what I want?
You see, religion is very important to me...I'm making a career out of it.
I know that I'm Christian for sure, but how do I know I'm not just going to jump off the wagon and run off again?
Any advice appreciated.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 am
Uhhhh well my families Methodist or something like that but like all my life I been agnostic. For the longest time I was atheist. So I'm not sure what to tell you and I'm gonna move this to ALI or whatever that subforums called now a days just so you dont get spam in here.  

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:34 am
Gosh, I'm not really sure. I'm a confirmed Catholic myself, but I really don't go to church anymore. I've struggled with issues of faith for many years too and find myself questioning and sort of waivering between a firm belief in God and agnostism. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:36 am
Well, I personally believe in God and all that, so I just say I'm a Christian. I'm likely something more specific due to my beliefs, but I just go with the general term, because it fits.

Kind of like being a rhombus. You may be a rhombus, and a square, but you're still a polygon (4-sided figure).  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

BeeVee28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:37 am
LingMing
Uhhhh well my families Methodist or something like that but like all my life I been agnostic. For the longest time I was atheist. So I'm not sure what to tell you and I'm gonna move this to ALI or whatever that subforums called now a days just so you dont get spam in here.

Hm?
I'm sorry, I must not have been paying attention when I posted this.
I was staring right at the Life Issues forum too...
That's the second time today I've made a misplaced post in this guild.
I'm so sorry guys. ><  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:39 am
BeeVee28
LingMing

Hm?
I'm so sorry guys. ><
It's really no trouble. We can always move stuff if we have too and we know you weren't trying to do anything wrong. You don't have to appoligize. wink  

Strideo
Crew

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:51 am
BeeVee28
LingMing

Hm?
I'm so sorry guys. ><

Yes, and feel free if you post something in a subforum and you would like people to see it more, to post in the main forum with a link to the topic you would like them to see. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:54 am
Anyways, I'm starting to feel a little less ashamed thinking about it like this...
Perhaps I was still wanting to be Catholic deep down, and I just slowly went back to it...
Maybe I never changed religions, and just made myself think I did.
(Edit: Although I still feel pretty dang stupid for wanting to start a new religion. Not sure how I'm gonna get over that...)  

BeeVee28

IfAngelsBurn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 pm
I understand your frustration on a personal level. I was also raised in a religious family, however my family has many religious backgrounds. Each person had a religion suited expecially for them. So do not feel ashamed of looking at other religions.

I myself, have studied other religions, encluding religions of old - coming from such a religiously different family I was at a loss to what my beliefs and religion was. So I searched and found what I was looking for and the answers to all of the questions that where running threw my head.

Questioning beliefs is a natural thing in life, you will always question something no matter what you do or what that "something" is.

I hope that you do find your answer. But I also hope that you will not fear "falling off the wagon," as you so put it. If you believe in your God(dess) than ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:46 pm
*shniffle*
That really helped. crying  

BeeVee28

fallinxangelx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:17 pm
Thats really hard, and knowing what religion you really want to be is hard too. But if you really believe in being catholic you won't change. But like you said you are christian, so maybe you should stay with that. However, this choice is only yours not your parents. Maybe you should read up on the religions, and see which one you understand and believe more. Im christian and thats all I know. If I was to change it probably would be confusing as it is confusing to you since its the only thing I grew up on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:59 pm
BeeVee28
*shniffle*
That really helped. crying

I'm glad that I could help. Just remember no matter what religion that you choose, your family will always love you no matter what. And so will your God(dess).

Life is about growing, spiritually, physically, religiously. There is a religion out there for you. So hold your head up high and be strong. And if you still need help, you can always PM me.

I'll always be here to listen.  

IfAngelsBurn

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:07 am
Religon is your choice remember.

I was born and raised christian, but at times I really wonder about the other ones out there. So I look into those too...

Many people waiver in religon. If you find yourself questioning something look into it. If you can't accept it maybe read around it to get more answers- like why something happened.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games