Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
If this seems slightly rantish, sorry...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

10 g to make you happy.
  xD
View Results

JenetteBlack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:47 pm
Well I've got a best friend who lives halfway aross the country for nearly the entire year. Her parents are divorced; her dad lives near me, but she lives with her mom, hundreds of miles away. She only comes to visit 3 times a year: Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Summer. I only get to see her once during Christmas and Thanksgiving, and maybe 3 or 4 times during the Summer because her dad is insanely protective, and hardly ever lets her go out.

And it's hard. To only communicate via blogs, e-mail and AIM. And every time I'm with her I feel both insanely happy and slightly depressed at the same time because I know I won't see her again for a long time. And everytime she goes away, I go into a slight depression.

This year it's already gotten so bad that my mom's noticed my different behavior and won't stop nagging me about it. And that makes me feel worse. Because I don't mean to snap at everyone, and in any other circumstance I would tell my mom what's bothering me, but in this case, I just can't bring it up, because it inevidably leads to tears.

So, what I'm asking is how do I make these good-bye's easier? Is there a way to cope with this without locking myself in my room and secluding myself?

If you could PM me to talk about it, or just comment here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for the bothering.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:57 pm
There is nothing wrong with the way that you feel. However, you must try and look on the bright side. It is an intense friendship and no matter what, you will always, always look forward to the next visit. And each time you see each other, that visit will be much more special.

Have you tried to talk to your friend about this?

She may not be there with you physically, but she is there with you spiritually. I know it hurts that you cannot see her or touch her, but just relish in the fact, that she is still there, that you still get to talk to her, be with her in a way.  

IfAngelsBurn

fallinxangelx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:11 am
What your going through sounds normal. You're way better than me, because my best friend since kind PRE-K moved to flordia, and I moved to Illinois, and we lost touch. Anyways enough about me, lol. Okay I know you do not like feeling the way you do, but I do not think theirs anything for you to do about it. Maybe you can preoccupy your time more, and hang with more people, but I think you will always feel like this, because it's your best friend and you miss her. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but thats how I feel. k  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games