Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Me as a manga fan...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manga
  Yes please
  No thank you, anime please
  Both :D
View Results

Phoenix_Kiss13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:38 pm

I happen to be a rather picky person when it comes to my manga and anime... I am an artist so I pay attention to detail and if it doesn't have relatively decent graphics I hate it.... I tend to lean toward mangas like Moon Boy, DNAngel (my fav) and Black Cat because of there great detail and wonderful story lines.

I really am an otaku; I visit many anime sites during the day and pay attention to what’s going on. The anime/manga world is something I live in and I tend to visualize things in my mind as anime screens.

I have never been to a convention and would love to go. I have thought of making my own manga with my best and closest friend shelah (who is just as much a fan as I am) and we wanted to start a clothing company dedicated to anime/manga and support its uprising in America.

I have history books on the subject and I have professional equipment for drawing, such as those really nice black line pins that you use after you've drawn everything out and add the finishing touches with..... I have to say boarders is a really good place to get the nice stuff at....

I even have a little dance that goes with my excitedness over getting new things. It’s just something I do....

Anime is a most wonderful thing... and manga is its partner in crime... 

I just had to say this.... For i am happy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:35 am
Yes, I too fell a slave to the wonders of the Japanese comic world!  

Curiosity2die4

Jetsamgirl06

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:24 am
Me too, I've yet to find one that I haven't liked.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:50 pm
....i love them both..but i've found some i don't like...  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Ieramy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:39 pm
even the 1 that i dislike the most... i still like it
umm that probably doesn't make much sense the way i said it though  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:42 am
MANGA (AND ANIME)RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS so beautyful crying gonk  

volos the demon king

Kaylilly

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:35 am
I regard manga the same way I regard books, as a way of telling a story. If the story is not interesting I wont read it no matter what the art style is. If a serise gets too repetative and or predictable, I'll stop reading it. This, basically, explains why I only have four complete serise of manga. And by that I mean I have two that are 100% complete and two others that are up to where they have been published.

People say I'm not a manga fan for this, but to be honest I'm not going to buy something I don't have any interest in, for I still remeber the days when a cheap manga was found for 15 dollars at local stores. And I guess because of that I'm overlly picky, even though I know prices have fallen to and average of 10 dollars a book.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:03 pm
I love collecting manga,
I have been wicked broke, so I have only bought maybe 4 books in the last three-four months.
If I could I've had like last summer bought at least another hundred titles.

Spiral Knight

Original Regular

9,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Shruikan-Unleashed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:11 pm
I'll have to say I lean towards manga more than anime
Manga is just better and comes to my liking more than anime
I also pay more then enough attention to detail.
Detail is like the most important thing or atleast almost because storyline counts to anime is just well..... anime  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:25 pm
No preference. Both have their own pros and cons, but it's true, if the artwork sucks, them the whole manga/anime is ruined.  

Kaialystra

Voiceofeternity

Greedy Pirate

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:15 pm
tell me about it i can't stand reading while viewing horrible artwork...well not horrible jsut not my taste in art....O.o yeaaaa...but still anime and manga kick butt!! pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:58 pm
I think there both good..  

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games