Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Subs or Dubs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Subs or Dubs?
  Subs
  Dubs
  Both / Neither
View Results

Karnen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:18 pm
I like subs but some dubs are ok...I hate bleach dubs...ugh Rukia and Ichgio sound just bad and sometimes when you listen to the dubs they use different words.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:55 pm
I perfer subs beacause the American actors are crap half the time and you never get the original meaning  

asgre chan caddug

Gaol

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 pm
Me? I can go with either one. I'm just honestly not that picky.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:49 pm
I don't see very well, so I go with dubs. But subs are better, dubs can really screw up the original meaning.  

otakusan123189

TheresaGirl7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:07 am
Subs... because you can hear how they sound in Japanese and know what they say  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:30 pm
I like both! It doesn't matter to me as long as it's a good anime.  

California_burrito

TessaEcho

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:45 pm
Generally I prefer the subs because you get it as it was originally intended to be, and dub voices tend to be horrible. However, there are a few animes I will watch dubbed; Fullmetal Alchemist, Gundam SEED, Weiss Kreuz, and Saiyuki.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:33 am
i'm no purist (thank gawd).

i enjoy watching anime in any language

there are people who are so into the Japanese dub, that they cant tell if the acting is bad. and there are voices i hear and feel- just dont fit the character with Japanese VAs...Asuna (negima) would be an example. the voice feels opposite of personality.

i could barely tolerate Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar in Japanese, because the voices just didnt flow with the character

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Beware The Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:17 am
subs! The original voices are always the best and they always change to many words in the dubs ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:47 am
For me i personally like dubs, because when im watching anime i have to turn away a lot, so if i can hear the anime and still know whats going on while im away i can tolerate the sometime horrid voices.  

Ladybug013

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:38 pm
I prefer subs >w< they have so many cultural references that my nerdiness goes haywire with knowledge-bliss.

Nergh, I don't care what language it is, dubs suck more than the country of origin. They have to take out so much crap for what's acceptable overseas and not for the place their translating for. It takes away what was good and strips it down and...ugh.

Originals are generally better for anything and everything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 pm
I am usually a very big advocater for subs, but if it IS an anime set in somewhere like the UK then dub may be preferred. If I watch an anime dubbed though I try to rewatch at least favorite eps in subs at some point. 3nodding  

Bouton_dOr

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:48 am
as a member of the Anime Secret Society, only noobs watch anime dubbed.
especially some anime that gets horrible translated, cut up, and even changed.(plus voice acting usually sucks in dubs)

...examples of horrible voice dubs, One Piece and Naruto.

Watching anime is dub is like watching a movie blindfolded, all your doing is screwing yourself from an important part.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games