Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Avoidince

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hahahaha538

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:57 pm
i hate my parents, wish they were dead basically, and i cant stand them at all. its like, everytime i move, i get yelled at or get in trouble. my lil brother screams, cries, or gets anything done to him, and its automatically my fault, when i could be in my room, across the hall, playing gaia or on the computer. My dad, he is stressed out all the time, my mom is a ***** and gripes and screams about everything, so they basically, in the same house, spawn hell upon earth. I have told my dad straight to his face that i hate him, and that hes not my dad (hes my stepdad). Then my mom, i used to love her more that anything, and would do anything for her, now its like, im trying to avoid her the best that i can, and that i dont want anything to do with her. All of a sudden she turned into a mean woman, when she used to be the nicest mom i have ever met. My sister is great tho, shes really close to God, and goes to church everytime she can, she is really close to me too. But its like, i get in fights with her sometimes too, i just dont know what to do, and im kinda lost in all this. What i basically do to aviod all of them is to go over to my grandma's house (next door) and spend all the possible seconds i can over there: Summer, week-ends, after school, whatever. The only time i spend time at my house is when i need to get ready to go to bed. Thats how bad i hate MY OWN HOME. And above all that, i think im bi...... eek  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:27 am
Try talking to them, talking is one of the best defensives in the world. Explain to them their actions and how it is effecting you. Be open and honest with them about your feelings, but stay calm when you are speaking to them. I would try talking to each of them alone first, and than a group conversation. Or talk to your grandmothers about it and ask her for help too.

And there is nothing wrong with being bisexual. Love isn't supposed to be chained down, it is supposed to be free. If you are bi-curious, than ask yourself questions when you see a person of the same sex. Ask yourself if you can picture being with him/her sexually, spiritually, and relationship wise.  

IfAngelsBurn

Blank of Tantalus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:55 am
Oh, family trouble... Yikes. It hurts when the people you think you can count most on turn the other way... Anyway, like IfAngelsBurn, talking is always best to get things out there, though actually starting the conversation is hard. To deal with yelling parents, you NEED to take control of your own emotions. When they start yelling at you or accusing you of something, you need to be calm and collected, and respond with reason. Do not belittle them or talk to them as if they were children, but realize where they are coming from and calmly assess the situation. Explain to them how it is in your point of view. Soon they'll realize how stupid they act in comparision to your ability to be rational. cool But, that is only if you are able to keep things in check. 3nodding

I would say after a few incidents of calm counter-arguments, start explaining to them that you dont like being treated in such a way and make them see how it is affecting you or something. Breaking down and crying is not to be looked down upon in these cases - they can be valuable in making parents see the magnitude of the situation. Eventually you need to work toward helping each other as a family. Take upon yourself the responsibility of easing some the stress from your parents... They have it tough too.

This is only one tactic, and it depends how much you want this fighting to stop since a lot relies on your ability to control yourself. I'm not saying this way is a sure thing, it depends on the person since everyone has a different way of reacting to things. For example, if your parents think your acting like a smart-a** when you try to do things calmly, try to ease to rationality in your arguments gradually. You need to adjust to the personality of your opponents. domokun Your grandmother could prove to be a useful asset in this battle as well. cool As for your sexual preference, I wouldn't come out of the closet just yet, if you were thinking about it. Not only should you be examine your feelings on it before determining if it's a sure thing, but it might hinder progress if you are unsure of your parent's reactions.

Well, that's about it. It may seem tough, but it's worth a try, isn't it? Tell us what you decided to do and how it goes. Just remember that family is important and should stick together... Keep an open mind and a cool attitude... Take things slow... Oh, and be careful what you wish for. ninja You may regret it later. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:18 pm
i have the same thing going on in my house.its like im the screw up and my sisters are angles.i try i just ignore it but that doesn't work for me most of the time.i tried to talk about how i felt but the people in my house just don't listen.it helps to talk to someone you trust though and will listen to what you have to say.most of the time you can't tell if im sad so i learned to look happy and sound happy (but im not).you probably feel like you have to other worlds like the at home world when you feel like crap and the school world when you don't even think about problems at home (until someone brings something up).yea i know how it feels to have a step dad.he makes you feel worse than crap like you just want to die when you see him.he doesn't live with us anymore.i feel so much better.my mom still hates me but i can't change that.i really don't like her either.you think your bi.thats not a bad thing.seei you liked someone who was gay like me theres a problem.  

lady-loveable

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:27 pm
aww thats soo sad..
why dont you tell them that they are making you feel this way.
and the bi problem...
thatss awesome! show the president that bi's and gay's and lesbian's are people too!
and it not right for people to be told who to marry!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:04 am
Mabey your mom is stressed out too, from work? fighting with your dad and step-dad? Haveing you avoid her? She could have depretion. My parents are like that too. If you cant talk to them, mabey you should write them a letter and leave it for them to find, or give it to them. You have to face them, hiding out at your grandparents is NOT going to solve all your problems. Good luck with your parents!!!
And about beng bi, mabey you'll be bi for 3 years and then straight, then bi again. I know how you feel about it.
If you ever want to talk, feel freee to PM me!
GOOD LUCK!!!!  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:11 am
it'll b hard, but u gotta try talking. if u don't say anything, nothing will happen. u just have to give it a shot...as for the bi thing, i don't think there's any problem with that. it's not a problem at all. it's a preference, and that's that. nothing to b ashamed of 3nodding  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games