Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:07 am
Quote:
A plot to blow up planes in flight from the UK to the US and commit "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

Quote:
LONDON - British authorities said Thursday they thwarted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S. using explosives smuggled in carry-on luggage. Security was raised to its highest level in Britain, and carry-on luggage was banned on all flights. Huge crowds backed up at London's Heathrow airport as officials searching for explosives barred nearly every form of liquid outside of baby formula.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060810/ap_on_re_eu/britain_terror_plot

Also slowing things down here, apparently:
Quote:
CHICAGO — Growing lines of irritated travelers snaked through U.S. airports Thursday as people waited hours to reach security checkpoints, then had to dump their water bottles, suntan lotion and even toothpaste following the discovery of a terror plot in Britain.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207709,00.html

I grabbed all links from the Slashdot article about this incident.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:05 pm
Yeah, I've been hearing about this all day. 3nodding  

Strideo
Crew

Sparkle Hearts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm
Wow, this is awful!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:02 pm
I been hearing about that since I woke up. Gettin tired of hearing it too.  

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

Martian Princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:31 pm
I have to fly back to Chicago in a week. Great timing. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:43 pm
one of thoses planes was coming to the city I live in, so now people cant even take lip gloss on a plane, and we cant take carry-ons on either...if you have a baby, they make you taste the formula to make sure its safe, its caotic, because now fights are being delayed because the airport is checking every item one by one. My friend just left the other day too.  

VampireMonkey

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:57 pm
I will now cite a rant given to me by a fellow student of Aikido before a class: Who isn't planning on bombing something nowadays? There was a group of people in CANADA who were planning on bombing the sears tower. THEY'RE CANADIAN! Canadians don't blow things up!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:54 am
katsuhaiabi
I will now cite a rant given to me by a fellow student of Aikido before a class: Who isn't planning on bombing something nowadays? There was a group of people in CANADA who were planning on bombing the sears tower. THEY'RE CANADIAN! Canadians don't blow things up!
That's profiling! xd  

Strideo
Crew

Sparkle Hearts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:52 am
Flying is going to be a hassle for a couple of months.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:25 am
Sparkle Hearts
Flying is going to be a hassle for a couple of months.
No joke. Just the thought of going to airport makes me feel tired. (O_O);  

Strideo
Crew

Dr. Awkward

Obsessive Cultist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:16 pm
Strideo
katsuhaiabi
That's profiling! xd
True, but when was the last time a Canadian had successfully destroyed a building? As far as I can recall, it was the war of 1812. At that time, the Canadians (Canada was par of Britain) tip-toed through California, crept into Washington, and torched the white house. Good for them, eh? Unfortunately for them, peace had been declared LONG BEFORE they made it into Washington. In other words, Canadians make lousy terrorists.  
"WNN" Why Not News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games