Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Need advice for overprotective mother...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:34 pm
Well, as the title says. She's not too overprotective, but she's nosy, and she makes me wear prep clothes. I hate her, too.

Basically, it started when she wanted to move away from my current home. I looked at everything, and have tried up and down to convince her to stay in fairborn, and just get another house or something.

But, she won't listen. She seems to refuse. I don't wanna move... and I'm crying as I'm typing this... I'm thinking about suicide or running away... I wanna do one or the other. It doesn't matter to me anymore.

She just won't let me be the goth kid that I am trying to be. I need help... or I might just cry all night...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:15 pm
Try to cut a deal with Hitler there. That's all I can think of right now.  

Spikin

Rose Raine v2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:08 pm
first of all DO NOT THINK ABOUT SUICIDE!!!!
no matter wat happens in your life you should survive it
and then one day you can look back and say
i beat that obsticle
no matter wat take your feelings in other directions
take up drawing or writing or something!!
but theres gonna be people whos gonna miss you if you leave

i have a mother like this
she's more selfish and doesnt care much about me or my other sis's
other than my lil sis and my mom's "baby" and she's already 8
anyway jus keep telling her wat you think is right
for one she has no right to decide how you wanna look

about the moving thing i dont kno
my parents took me away from my elementary friends
and moved to burbank
you cant really do much about the whole moving thing
when dealing with parents
but you can tell them how you would feel about it

p.s.
read my sig 4laugh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:48 pm
Tell her how you feel. If she refuses to listen try to stand your ground, but don't be disrespectful about it. And whatever you do, don't even think about hurting yourself. Life isn't something you can just switch on and off at whim. Once its gone, its gone forever. If you feel as though you can't cope with things on your own, you could try talking to someone like a counselor for advice and ask them to reason with your mother. I hope things get better for you soon.  

TheSixStringKid

Ze Madder Hatter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:14 pm
OK first off... I have to tell you a story.

I thought of commiting suicide too. Just because I happened to have the worst Saturday ever.Then I told my mom because she told me I could tell her anything. She snapped and we talked for like 4 hours about it. Now I'm a pretty happy kid...minus some certian stupid people.

Now just because your mother is too stupid to realize that you are your own person, doesn't mean you should give up your life. Suicide is stupid. Get rid of the reason your life is crappy...or feels crappy. 3nodding Not murder though.

Or tell her what you wrote. She might understand. You really don't wanna move...then I'd say suck it up. s**t happens. You can always come back.

I know I'm not all that helpful but well...even my suggestions are better then suicide.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:16 pm
Well, she's been gone at her friend's house for a week. She hasn't been here to talk, anyways. I know suicide is the dumb choice and all, but what shall I do if she still won't let me stay?  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Velorius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:22 am
While it sounds corny most mothers only try and do whats best for their kids, or at least what they think is best.

In truth I don't think there is much you can do about the moving house thing, but try and talk to her about it and understand why she is so set on moving, maybe she has a valid reason for it.

As for the goth thing that is your choice and you should try and be your own person, your mother will almost certainly disagree. An easy argument is to ask her if she wants you to be a mature and confident individual, she'll probably answer yes, to which you can respond that to be such you have to be able to make your own choices about what kind of person you are. If you're stuck in her shadow you'll never become you're own person.

I seriously don't think running away will solve anything, always face you're problems.
And for various reasons the thought of suicide causes my stomach to twist.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:43 pm
Suicide is not the way to go.
>Even though most of my friends have commited it, Makes me feel very deppressed<

Be who you are, If your thinking of supporting yourself, surely you can buy clothes.

Also, Sterotypes are waaaaay wired, Be yourself, not goth, not prep, not punk, YOU!

My mom is more overprotective then that, but I deal with it, SHES MAKEING US MOVE TO LUOISIANA FOR CRIST SAKES!

Best of luck to you, I know how you feel~

Amaraleigh

BlossomSoul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:56 pm
Don't think about suicide or moving away.
Does your mom mention exactly WHY you need to move? >_>;
Life is like that. Really, the only time you can decide what to do is when you get your own place and you don't need a legal guardian (which is around 18 )..

sweatdrop
Stay strong, because if you do something like commit suicide or run away, something truly worse than just moving could happen to you. Take it safe until you're old enough to legally decide what you want to do without a parent..

My mom's overprotective, too. But she's protecting her child!
She loves you, but she's tough.. Just deal with it for now and don't make her angry or anything. domokun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:41 pm
deal with it, moving happens its part of life, so get those suicidal thoughts out of your head  

~ murderd in cold blood ~

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gilded_Lotus

4,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:00 am
ehh...suicide is NOT the answer to our problem. Running away will onl cause the police to chase you down, so i don't reccomend that either. My parents won't let me be semi-goth that i want to be, but i rebel anyway i can. try buying alot of black clothers and really baggy dark pants yourself. that way you have a choice of what you wear. About the moving...there really isn't much you can do about that, I moved alot when I was younger, so i really never had any attachment to any one area. It really is your mother's decision in the matter, she has to pay fro the house and stuff, so if she decides to move...you have to follow.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:49 pm
Kurix
Well, as the title says. She's not too overprotective, but she's nosy, and she makes me wear prep clothes. I hate her, too.

Basically, it started when she wanted to move away from my current home. I looked at everything, and have tried up and down to convince her to stay in fairborn, and just get another house or something.

But, she won't listen. She seems to refuse. I don't wanna move... and I'm crying as I'm typing this... I'm thinking about suicide or running away... I wanna do one or the other. It doesn't matter to me anymore.

She just won't let me be the goth kid that I am trying to be. I need help... or I might just cry all night...
sit your mom down one night and kindly tell her that she's making you some one you don't want to be she'll understand. she just loves you a lot and beileves that goths r weird or something. i dont know. if you add some tears, she'll give you cocoa!  

Imortal ~ Rose

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff