Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!
webcomics, you know you love them.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daidaishar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:00 pm
webcomics, you know you love them.

afterall, what's not to love. All the joy of manga and comics, but without the hefty price tag and in some cases a chance to chat with the creators. Who knows, you feedback may even help shape the fate of the story.

If you're a veteran webcomic reader, or have never checked one out before, why not visit mine? (satisfaction garenteed or your money back wink ...that was lame, sorry).

User Image

(the opening scene is going to be re-worked in the near future)

I'd love to get feedback on it, or just chat mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:41 pm
I would highly recommend that you ink and color your comics, at least to the level that you did in the intro pages. Pencils are tough to scan and harder still to get to look good. Inks will really step up the professionalism of your work, along with improving your drawing skill.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

daidaishar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:19 pm
dboyzero
I would highly recommend that you ink and color your comics, at least to the level that you did in the intro pages. Pencils are tough to scan and harder still to get to look good. Inks will really step up the professionalism of your work, along with improving your drawing skill.

sweatdrop all of the pages are inked, I just hadn't quite gotten the hang of touching things up for some of the early pages. contrast is good. by chapter two, partial color by chapter three, and full color by chapter four.

this winter break I'm hoping to go back and fix some of the earlier pages, mess with contrast and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:49 pm
Ah, my apologies, I hadn't seen your later pages.

Looking at your current pages, things are looking pretty good. Your linework, I think, could use some improvement, specifically facial anatomy and proportions. Your faces all look really similar and a bit squashed. Experiment with different facial shapes and body sizes. Studying up on female anatomy couldn't hurt either.

Um, I'm really running out of things to comment on, so I'll just finish up with saying you've got a lot of potential if you keep working hard. The first things I would advise you to do are to take some classes, especially life-drawing and film studies or cinematography. Your angles are all pretty bland and are at 90 degrees to your subject. Normally in this situation I point you to the most awesome comic site of all time, http://entervoid.com , but the site is currently down because they've taken up too much server space for their provider to handle. sweatdrop Still, check it out for when it gets back up, and you can check out the devArt club at http://entervoid.deviantart.com

Best of luck to you, keep practicing!  

Cornelius loh Quatious

daidaishar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:32 am
dboyzero
Ah, my apologies, I hadn't seen your later pages.

Looking at your current pages, things are looking pretty good. Your linework, I think, could use some improvement, specifically facial anatomy and proportions. Your faces all look really similar and a bit squashed. Experiment with different facial shapes and body sizes. Studying up on female anatomy couldn't hurt either.

Um, I'm really running out of things to comment on, so I'll just finish up with saying you've got a lot of potential if you keep working hard. The first things I would advise you to do are to take some classes, especially life-drawing and film studies or cinematography. Your angles are all pretty bland and are at 90 degrees to your subject. Normally in this situation I point you to the most awesome comic site of all time, http://entervoid.com , but the site is currently down because they've taken up too much server space for their provider to handle. sweatdrop Still, check it out for when it gets back up, and you can check out the devArt club at http://entervoid.deviantart.com

Best of luck to you, keep practicing!

will do, thanks for all of the feedback 3nodding  
"CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games