who decides?
View Results

WhiteWolfAnaiyu

8,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:49 am
Normal is not only highly overrated, it's boring. Who wants to be like everyone else anyway? It's a more fun to be weird. Embrace your weirdness. Yay weirdo revelution splee. God Bless the Pink Moose!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:58 pm
Being different is normal so if you're normal you're totally different...  

BloodRoseBed

ArcadiaB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:14 pm
Good question. What is normal? Not being boring or regular is normal. I think it depends on you. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:32 pm
I don't think there IS such a thing as normal. There's routine, there's dull beyond comparison, but nothing is normal. Change is constant and in everything, weather minute or major. People only think about what 'normal' is when they want to restrict things or judge things in comparison to their way of thinking.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Princess_Risu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:59 pm
"normal" is the average of the largest percent in that age group.

Example 10 teenagers are sitting in a room with a bowl of candy and 9 teens take a piece of candy and the other one takes 20. The 9 are "normal" and hungry in an hour and the other is happy and hyper for the next 4 hours...that one person would be me.

Normal is boring, individualism is funer than anything I could think of in this world.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:31 am
That's hard to say because the people that i all know are all not normal but that makes it normal. And those who are suppose to be normal, we find innormal.  

[~.Fallangel.~]

Coll Ohmsford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:37 pm
There is no such thing as normal. Normal is an illusion created by people to fit in with other people. No matter how hard one tries no one can be normal or fit in completely. Think of it, you can be average but that is not the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:42 pm
I guess the real question that should be asked are you normal to yorself. this meaning are you yourself? Do you replicate other people habit? Hell I'm the fat kid in school but t me that is normal and I'm not bothered by others. Whata is strange to us may be normal to others so it really isn't up to anyone but yourself to decide  

Coll Ohmsford

BluePod

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:39 pm
Like my sig says
"Evrey one is crazey the only question is how much?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm
No offense to anyone on here, but I haven't seen a single post I completely agree with. Here's what I have to say and have found to be true:

Normal does NOT mean average.

Normal is what is accepted by society as a whole. For instance, the normal '50s family was considered to be a father that supported his family financially, a housewife that stayed at home all day and was supportive, a son that was smart and played football, and an innocent cheerleader daughter that had a decent education. The average '50s family consisted of a alcoholic and abussive father, a depressed mother, a punk son that did what he wanted, and a daughter that got pregnant too young. That really was the average family of that time.

However, normal can turn into a much smaller view. A group of friends do tend to generally dress alike. Even if outsiders from the group may consider them abnormal, the friends will think they are the normals ones.

In other words, there are at least two forms of normal; there is the normal of what is accepted by society; than there is also the normal of what is comfortable. Both of these forms of normal do have tendencies to pressure conformity onto others, but it's not always successful.  

Dirzdra

strange_dreams_512

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:44 pm
MonkofMajere
The term "normal" is flawed. There is no normal.
Zactly. And the thing is, a lot of people think they can define normal for everyone but there isn't even an epitome of it to reference to. Assimilation can blur the borderlines for some, but then again each person has their own definition of it so one person can have their normal be plain Jane "everyone alike" normal, but that under most circumstances will be tested and proven faulty as an outlook as it. Then it can also go clear to "out of this world". If someone is per se a dreamer and they obsess over out-there ideas, then musing over one might be normal whereas if you bring it up to a random stranger, say out of curiosity of their opinion over it, they might think you are strange. But then our thoughts effect everyone on this earth...normally not by yourself, but by a chain of events. People talk about things that they think are unusual, normally to figure out why it happened that way or to fathom how. I have more to say but I have to think of the right wording. xD  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:49 pm
It is just to simple, there is no normal.
Although you can define normal to a group of people that share similar characteristics that for your point of view seems normal.  

Arechii

QueenAngel242

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:17 pm
I don't think anybody is normal....normal..I guess its people who get in trouble and then again don't...your just a bit of everything...good, bad, sad etc.. I think thats what normal means..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 pm
there is no normal 'cause if everyone was normal than no one would be normal  

scrollto

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out