Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
Building/Construction Toys

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Building/Construction Toy?
  Legos
  Tinkertoys
  Knex
  Erector Set
  Lincoln Logs
View Results

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:26 pm
We've all played with them at least once when we were a kid, or perhaps we still do. So, what's your favorite? And why? biggrin

Personally, I like them all, but my favorite will always be Tinkertoys and Lincoln Logs. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:30 pm
I liked the Legos. I could sit and play with those for hours at a time. xd There was so much you could make with them. (Airplanes, cars, monkeys, buildings, ect.)  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

locke317

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 pm
I will admit it, I still do play with Tinkertoys and Legos. I would also play with Lincoln Logs, but I don't think I have any. Personally, I like all of them because they allow for a lot of creativity. Legos are especially fun because just about anything can be made from them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:33 pm
locke317
I will admit is, I still do play with Tinkertoys and Legos. I would also play with Lincoln Logs, but I don't think I have any. Personally, I like all of them because they allow for a lot of creativity. Legos are especially fun because just about anything can be made from them.

Legos are a lot of fun. Unfortunately they've spent a lot of time making up weird little sets that are only good for what they are, like Harry Potter and others. I prefer just lots of different sized, different colored bricks. And maybe some wheels and stuff. 3nodding  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

locke317

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:35 pm
zphal_girl87
locke317
I will admit is, I still do play with Tinkertoys and Legos. I would also play with Lincoln Logs, but I don't think I have any. Personally, I like all of them because they allow for a lot of creativity. Legos are especially fun because just about anything can be made from them.

Legos are a lot of fun. Unfortunately they've spent a lot of time making up weird little sets that are only good for what they are, like Harry Potter and others. I prefer just lots of different sized, different colored bricks. And maybe some wheels and stuff. 3nodding

I agree. They are a lot more fun. I think the most recent set I have it from a few years ago, and I can't even remember what it is. Just about all of the sets that I had have been taken apart to build other things that I like better.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:26 pm
locke317
zphal_girl87
locke317

I agree. They are a lot more fun. I think the most recent set I have it from a few years ago, and I can't even remember what it is. Just about all of the sets that I had have been taken apart to build other things that I like better.

I love the buckets of random Legos. My family has gotten more than a few of them and put them into a huge box. I still play with legos now. I even found a program on the lego site that lets you make and buy your own Lego model. I was gonna try and build an anime character on there (I don't have the right color bricks in my giant box of Legos)  

Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

zenyk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:46 pm
Legos are my favorite. There's a Legos store I sometimes go to get random pieces to build stuff i like.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 pm
In the past week I just got three of the exoforce sets, the first lego sets I've gotten in at least a decade. I had gotten most of the first series of the Megablocks Dragons though.

I love mecha, so the exoforce sets are interesting for me. I tried making my own mecha before but was really limited for decent parts for somethinng like that. One thing I leaned from the Brick Commander site, is that the Lego people legs make good mech fingers.  

KaguraOfTheWind

the soul of leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:32 pm
I like kenex biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:26 pm
I would always make Rescue planes and boats out of legos.
It was fuuun.

This makes me wanna break out my Legos at my grandma's house.  

Keaton Koujou

beaulolais

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 pm
every vacation we would stop at LegoLand in Ontario Place, in the lake by Toronto  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:45 pm
legos, i have had them sence i was 4!!!  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zephire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:25 pm
Lego FTW!!

Seriously, I love the damn things to death XD I honestly don't remember a time when I didn't play with them. In fact, I think the earliest memories I have are of me playing with Lego. I've been meaning to get more of them, but I haven't had the time or money. I want to make a large castle or city with them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:04 pm
beaulolais
every vacation we would stop at LegoLand in Ontario Place, in the lake by Toronto

Ooh, I've been to the one in San Diego, CA, twice personally. 3nodding  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash