Submit

Post?
  Yes?
  No?
  Pollwhore ><
View Results

Dragoryu3000

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:36 pm
Well, I'm Sikh with some New Age beliefs mixed in. I believe that when you die, you see all the bad things you've done. If you feel guilty and wish you could change them, you live with God. If you don't feel guilty, then you feel the pain you caused, and are reincarnated.

The only thing that kind of scares me is the "living in the afterlife forever" thing. I just can't comprehend what forever would be like.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:37 pm
I do not acknowledge such a "silly" notion as eternal damnation. Any deity, no matter the reason, that would condemn somone forever is not a deity worth worship.

One can not speak of the love of God, or from any deity, if that entity is willing to sit by while its "child" is in agony for the rest of time and beyond.

This isn't to say I'm an atheist so much as I feel any religion that believes in eternal damnation must be either inherently flawed, hypocritical, or both.

Now, as far as damnation goes, there are plenty of reasons for the origin of the notion. I've stated my opinion on the subject.  

Lady 3Jane

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:57 pm
invisblebuddy
This is just a simple beginning, but I want the topic to grow and expand with theories.
Many religions believe in a form of damnation (Hell, etc.). I want to know what people that do believe in Hell think about the people who do not believe in Hell or even their religion.
Short and sweet; let's roll!

I have thoughts towards the idea of Heaven and Hell but in another ways i feel there is a Limbo. Yet, hell is something viewed in many different aspects in the religions and examined uniquely. If a hell exists what people go down there? In some sense I feel mostly all of us would go there. Have we not sinned in mankind? Have we not committed something against the commandments? We have all done so, even those who think they are of pure heart. No one is truly pure not even I for i admit i have sinned, but in return i have made up for my sins as i hope many of you have done so as well. Sin and forgiveness balance. You will do good deeds and you will do bad deeds. Those mistakes in your life are the sins that could send you to this Hell, but do you not make up for that mistake in the end? in all actuality Hell is either something of fear and at the same time something that could be of myth. What person of mankind has seen this hell to say that hell is here and what man has seen heaven and said heaven exists as well as my notion towards limbo? The answer will only come forth when our time is up, we will never know what our bodies will become of and what afterlife or what place we go to. So to answer Hell is unexplained for there is no answer to its existence.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 pm
Oh goody, I love religious discussions. mrgreen

I am very tolerant of any religion/belief, unless it says you can hurt someone and it's ok. I don't like that.

I think there is no hell or eternal damnation, I think we're all going to get a second chance. Or third. Or hundredth. Or however many it takes until you can realize that you should be good, it's better for you in the long run. Personally, I believe in reincarnation, and then peace once you've learned all you need to know. For me, that's going to be reincarnation as a tree. But it's no fun if you get everything right on your first try... and I believe that's impossible, because you learn important things from big mistakes. So yup, that's all I can think of at the moment.  

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers