No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
About Life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever felt like you're driving down an empty road, all by yourself?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Rygel-n

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 am
Sorry, this is my first post here, I've been busy. Anyway, I was listening to a song, and it got me thinking.

Life is really like a highway, and the people are the cars. You can crash your own car, crash someone elses, hop in with someone else, creat new cars, stall old ones, tailgate someone, and run something over.

(if you don't understand what I mean, I'll post below on the meaning.)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:55 am
Ok, here's the meaning:

Life flows in one direction, you cannot rewind time. And ever person on this planet can kill themselves (suicide), kill someone else (murder), marry someone, create kids, old people die, stalk someone, or abuse someone.

Make sense to ya now?

Rygel-n

QueenAngel242

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:46 pm
yes...kinda.... question  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:23 pm
That's a creative way to look at life. I like it!  

cool_cait

Dustpanman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:49 pm
Interesting, but I like to think that unlike a highway there are lots of turns to take in life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:29 pm
i think someone has listened to life is a highway one too may times.  

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:19 pm
yup i think thats a very good concept of life, but now add to that that the highway is full of entrances and exits in every point of the highway are different routes and even more important there are millions of factors in every person that walks/drive/stays/run in the highway.

thats would be very close to my theory of destiny >3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:29 am
I like to think of life as an empty Soda can. The can gets thrown around, getting dents and scratches in it. These dents, represent the memories and many memorable events that happen in our life.
And then, when the can just can't take anymore, and has come to it's end, it gets taken to the recycling company, where it'll be broken down, and then turned into something new.  

Baulder

Golden_Angel_Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:53 am
I think life is like a ever changing thing, there is pain, growth, love and understanding. Later on, you're lead to a path that feels right, that leads to your ultimate destiny.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:29 pm
These ideas do make sence, but life if it is a highway is not like any of the highways in this world because life's highway would have all roads headed in the same general direction (Time) but with INFINITE numbers of roads going off them and coming back on to them. Also the life highway would have an almost infinite number of destinations. Life is not a highway it's a trip.  

BluePod

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:03 pm
Midnight_rose_n
Ok, here's the meaning:

Life flows in one direction, you cannot rewind time. And ever person on this planet can kill themselves (suicide), kill someone else (murder), marry someone, create kids, old people die, stalk someone, or abuse someone.

Make sense to ya now?

I dont get it... cars go in many directions. they can even go backwards, whereas life does not. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 pm
to me, life is like a pretzel bar.

I like it.  

audiosneeze

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:46 am
my life was like a rollercoaster for a while. but now it's more like a gently flowing river. I like this much better. easier to go with the flow.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games