Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Great Canyon (Writing Forum)
Pokemon: Legend Among Legends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X_MasterMagician_X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm
Ok, I admit these first two chapters are horrible, but they were written back in November when I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I have a total of 19 chapters done at this moment:

Chapter 1: Enter Tyson: The Bumbling Idiot Reincarnate!

It was a bright and sunny day in Pallet Town, but it wasn’t just any day. Today was the day the newest Pokemon Trainers would get their very first Pokemon and begin their journeys. But unfortunately, the day wouldn’t begin very easily for some of them. We arrive at a very familiar house to find one of Pallet’s newest trainers behaving just like his father did, and sleeping in on the most important day of his life.

“TYSON KETCHUM! GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!” An obviously irritated female voice came from downstairs, causing the boy to to fall out of bed and onto the floor head first.

“Ow” Tyson groaned as he rubbed his head. “I’m coming mom! Just give me a minute!”

As Tyson frantically scrambled around his room for his clothes and backpack, a Pikachu walked into the room and started helping him

“What would I do without you Pikachu?” Tyson said to the electric rat

“Pikachu Pi ka” (Probably go mad) The Pikachu said in its own language.

The young man pulled a pair of blue jeans and a black shirt, and pulled a red sport jacket over his shirt. He ran a comb through his black hair, before putting his signature red hat on.

When Tyson got downstairs, he ran past the table, which was decorated with several items. A gold trophy from the Orange Islands, a Set of Battle Frontier symbols, and four different badge cases, each containing eight badges. The Pikachu then leapt from Tyson’s side to rest on the shoulder of a man sitting on the couch, wearing a hat similar to Tysons.

“Well, don’t we look important today. Have you decided which Pokemon you’re going to choose?” The man pestered Tyson for an answer

“Leave Tyson alone Ash. He doesn’t need to tell us which Pokemon he’ll choose” The woman from before said while exiting the kitchen.

“I already know which one I’ll pick. But what about sis? Where is she?” Tyson asked and looked around the house.

“I’m afraid she’s sick Tyson. I already told Professor Oak about It, but I’m afraid you’ll have to go alone for now”

“Oh, ok. Then I guess I should get going” He said, and walked out of the house.

“That boy really is your son Ash” The woman said, sighing

“Well if he’s as much your son as I think he is, we both know what he’s going to pick. No one but him could love Water Pokemon more than you Misty”

------------------------

Chapter 2: The Beginning of a Legend

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too excited to stop, Jake tripped and went sliding into Professor Oak’s laboratory.

“You are way too much like your father” Professor Gary Oak said as Tyson slid across the floor

“And I take that as a compliment sir.” Tyson said as he stood up and dusted himself off

“Well come on. Have you decided which Pokemon you’re going to choose?” Gary asked as he pulled out several trays of Pokeballs.

“Yes sir” Tyson said, picking up a Pokeball with a water drop sticker on it. “I choose you! Squirtle!” He shouted as he released the Turtle Pokemon.

“I should have known you would go for Squirtle. Considering your mom is surrounded by Water Pokemon every day” he said, looking at the lake outside filled with Misty’s Water Pokemon.

“I guess I better get going” Tyson said, heading for the door

“Hold on a second. You forgot your Pokedex and Pokeballs”

“Oops. I guess I did”

“I also have a favor to ask of you” Gary said as he pulled out several Pokeballs and a Pokedex from a box

“What kind of favor?” Tyson asked

“My daughter just started her journey as well. I’d like you to accompany her through the region.”

“You mean Ariel? Sure thing” Tyson said, excited he would have a friend with him.

“Great. She’s in Viridian City right now”

Tyson was walking along the path to Viridian City, Squirtle walking right next to him.

“Maybe we should get some training in before we go to Viridian. What do you say buddy?” Tyson asked his Squirtle

“Squirtle Squirt!” The turtle Pokemon replied, ready for a battle

Not long after, the two came across a Wild Pichu

“Perfect! Use Bubble Squirtle!” Tyson shouted

Squirtle shot stream of bubbles at the electric rat, and scored a critical hit. The Pichu responded with a Thundershock, severely damaging Squirtle.

“Hang in there buddy! Try a Water Gun!”

Squirtle scored another critical hit on the Pichu, making it very weak

“Pokeball Go!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:12 pm
Chapter 3: Sneak Attack! Oscar and Madflame!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pokeball flew over Pichu and landed on its tail, opened behind it and sucked the Pokemon inside by surprise. It then bounced around a few times but calmed down pretty soon.

And then, suddenly... “Cynda!”

A black hedgehog-shaped Pokemon with a yellow belly and a fire on its back in place of needles walked out of the grass and stood in the way between Tyson and the Pokeball.

“What the heck? Cyndaquil aren’t supposed to be in this forest!” Tyson shifted his attention from the fire mouse Pokemon to the Pokeball that contained his newly caught, though weak Pichu. “Can you please move little guy?” Tyson asked, and stretched his arm out to grab the Pokeball.

The Cyndaquil followed the movement of Tyson’s hand with keen attention. It must’ve judged he got too close and moved in the way, facing the Pokeball and aiming its fiery back to Tyson. It looked over its shoulder to glance at him, it was almost as if it was daring him to try and get burned.

Tyson pulled back for a second, then pushed his hand around the Cyndaquil to grab the Pokeball, but not close enough to get burned. The Cyndaquil leapt away, surprised by such a quick move, so Tyson managed to catch the Pokeball. However, when it turned around and saw Tyson facing the other direction, it then tackled him head on from behind. Tyson tripped from the sudden attack, dropping the Pokeball and releasing Pichu, who looked very tired.

Squirtle tackled Cynaquil from the side. “Squirtle Squirt Squirt?!” (Translation: What are you doing?! )

(Note: I will be adding translations to all Pokemon speech)

The fire mouse Pokemon got pushed away and tripped. It opened its eyes and got back up, turning towards Tyson’s Squirtle. A smile seemed to wander around its lips, but it was rather mean.

“Cyncynda! Cynda, quil, quilquil-cynda?” (Having fun! Not bad, you wanna battle?)

“Squirtle?! Squirt Squirtle!” (Battle?! Why should I!)

Seeing Squirtle was holding the Cyndaquil off, Jake pulled a Potion his dad gave him out of his backpack and sprayed the weakened Pichu, restoring its health.

“Cynda, daquil?” (Heh, scared to lose?) Right as the Cyndaquil was about to attack, a new voice reached Tyson.

“Madflame!”

“Quilda...” (Idiot...) The fire mouse squeaked and looked to the grass, from where a boy about Tyson's age ran out. He had a green shirt, grey pants, black hair, glasses and blue eyes. He kneeled down and rested his hands on his knees, out of breath. He probably ran for quite a while.

“Madflame, I’ve been looking for you... You’re up to trouble again!” He cried.

“Cyncyn?” (So what?)

“Get back to your Pokeball... You’re being mean again.” The boy said and took his Pokeball. He aimed it at the Cyndaquil but it hopped upwards and the beam missed. “Madflame... Come back...”

However, right when the Cyndaquil - now known as Madflame - jumped up, Squirtle shot it back down with a Bubble attack, while Tyson was looking at the boy. “I take it this Cyndaquil is yours?”

“QUIIL!” (OUCH!) The Cyndaquil gasped and took a hit from the bubbles, getting its eyesight bubbled. The force of the Bubble attack sent it off to the grass for a roughly soft landing, but it was still briefly out of it. The black haired boy took this chance to summon him back.

“Um... Yeah, but he ran away. Sorry for the trouble...” He explained with an apologizing smile. He then reopened his eyes, tipped the glasses to push them back up his nose and said. “My name is Oscar. Who are you?”

“The name’s Tyson.” He told him. “So why’d your Cyndaquil run off?”

“Um... It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but...” Oscar put a hand behind his head and looked down, frowning. “I only recently became a Breeder... and I still can’t control him very well. Madflame always gets into trouble...” He said, laughing nervously.

Then Oscar looked up a bit and spotted Tyson’s Squirtle. “Say, that’s a nice Squirtle you have there.”

“Thanks. I only just got the little guy today, but we already work great together.” Tyson bent down to pick Squirtle up, but was slammed to the ground by Pichu’s foot.

“Really? Wow, then we’re both beginners. But, it looks like he already likes you... or...” Oscar stopped mid sentence and took a careful look at Squirtle. “... oh, pardon me please. She really likes you.”

“Huh?!” Tyson looked between Oscar and Squirtle in confusion.

“Your Squirtle. She seems pretty fond of you.” Oscar repeated, standing up and looking at the confused Tyson. He then snapped his fingers and exclaimed. “Oh, I didn’t tell you yet. Since I’m practicing to be a Pokemon Breeder, I study Pokemon psychology and sociology. One of the things you get to learn from that is to distinguish Pokemon genders. Your Squirtle is female.”

He then took out another Pokeball and opened it, saying. “Ducky, come on out please.”

Out of it emerged a yellow, chubby duck Pokemon known as a Psyduck. “Psyduck.” (Hello) It quacked and waved its hand to Tyson and Squirtle.

“Ducky is a girl too. Hey Tyson, do you think they could befriend each other?” Oscar suggested.

Psyduck smiled cheerfully towards the Squirtle. She seemed totally unlike the previous Cyndaquil.

Squirtle smiled back and then shot Pichu with a Bubble for attacking Tyson. “Squirtle Squirt Squir.” (Don't attack him) She glared at the drenched mouse.

“Hmm...maybe. So what are you doing out here?” He asked.

“Me? Oh... I was studying Pokemon when Madflame suddenly wandered off. I didn’t notice he was gone until it was too late...” Oscar explained himself again, as if he couldn’t apologize enough. The Pichu hit by Squirtle caught his attention. “Is that also your Pokemon?”

Psyduck looked after the Pichu as well, and then back at Squirtle. Her eyes assumed a rather suspicious expression, but then relaxed and she quacked. “Psyduck psy psy, duck psyduck. Psy duck duck?” (Oh, your trainer. I see you’re pretty protective. What’s your name?)

“Yeah, I caught it right before your Cyndaquil attacked me.” Tyson answered, trying not to laugh at the Pichu.

“Squirt, Squirtle Squirt.” (Oh, my Name’s Rein) The blue turtle replied.

“Psyduck duck-y.” (Mine is Ducky) The Psyduck answered and smiled cheerfully. “Psy psypsy duck.” (Let’s be friends, Rein)

“He looks a little perky. Maybe he’s not used to you yet, but that’s common among freshly caught Pokemon.” Oscar judged, observing Pichu closely but from a safe distance. He seemed to have respect for electric Pokemon. “Tyson, were you by any chance going to Viridian City?”

The Pichu looked at Oscar and Tyson with anger in his eyes, but sat down on the ground and pouted.

“Yeah, I was. why?” Tyson looked over the Pokemon currently out near them.

“Squirt!” (Sure!) She cheered happily.

“Oh, it’s no big deal, but I just happened to be heading in the same direction. Can I come with you?” Oscar suggested in a friendly tone. “Your Squirtle helped me capture Madflame back. I feel that I owe you one.”

Ducky smiled some more and quacked happily. She looked at Oscar, then turned to Rein again and announced. “Psyduckduck psy psy. Psypsy.” (I must go back now. Bye Rein) Oscar called her back and put the Pokeball back on his belt.

“It looks like they are friends now. Well, that’s good. Ducky causes me much less problems than Madflame...” He commented with a slight uneasiness towards the end.

“She did seem nicer than Madflame. But I can see he’s your offensive Pokemon. He tackles hard.” Tyson rubbed his back where Madflame had hit him.

Rein sat down next to Pichu, trying to figure out a way to tell Tyson her name.

A sweatdrop fell down Oscar’s back at that comment. “I know... He does that to me too. Madflame was the first Pokemon I got, he was a present from my cousin who is an experienced Trainer, but he doesn’t listen to me for some reason. Sometimes I think he doesn’t respect me, others, that he’s doing it on purpose, just to be mean.”

He shrugged it off though, in a gesture that still communicated helplessness. “Nevermind that though... Are we going then?”

“Yeah, I need to meet up with a friend of mine. Oh, and I think I know why Madflame won’t listen to you.” Tyson said, and brought Pichu back into his Pokeball before turning toward Rein.

Oscar blinked at that and exclaimed. “You do? Tell me please.”

“Haven’t you used your Pokedex to check its level? Pokemon you get from other Trainers won’t obey you if you don’t have badges or other stuff.” He anwered. One could guess that he got his brains from Misty.

Oscar frowned and replied. “But, every Trainer gets a starter Pokemon at some time and that one’s obedient... When it’s given by the Professors at least. Though Madflame might be different...” Saying these words, he glimpsed at the Pokeball at his belt.

A bitter smile crossed his lips as he drifted off. “Perhaps, she just wanted to dump it on me... he he...” He nervously laughed.

“I think the Professors do something to make their starters obedient.” Tyson tried to return Rein to her Pokeball, but she jumped over the beam. He tried again, but she continued to dodge.

Oscar watched them play this way and commented. “Or maybe some Pokemon simply are like that...” He snickered somewhat and then suggested. “Will she follow us if you let her walk? Have you tried it before?”

“Um, I guess so. She did follow me into the forest without being in the Pokeball.” Tyson sighed in defeat and put the Pokeball away, and Rein jumped onto his head.

Oscar put a finger to his mouth in wonder, then smiled. “She sure is... fond of you.” He then looked on the way to Viridian City and spoke. “Let’s go.”

Tyson shrugged off his comment, and grinned. “Last one into the city buys lunch!” He then dashed off in the direction Oscar pointed out.

“... Huh?! Hey, wait! Not so fast!” Oscar cried, running after Tyson. That’s the price to pay for poor reflexes...
------------------------------------------  

X_MasterMagician_X

X_MasterMagician_X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:15 pm
Chapter 4: Madflame’s Antics: Attack of the food machine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race between Tyson and Oscar quickly got both boys flared up. They lost sight of each other, especially as Oscar had to duck under a flock of Pidgeys that flew up from the grass. However, he stood up immediately, corrected his glasses and dashed on, determined not to lose against his new friend.

6 minutes later, tired from the previous run after his Cyndaquil, he fell to his knees ahead of a roadsign that his hands barely managed to catch. With an inch of free space between him and the letters, Oscar read it. ‘Welcome to Viridian City!’

“Phew... I’m here... finally...” He spoke, panting from the mad chase.

Suddenly, Oscar felt someone tap him on the shoulder, and Tyson bent down to look at him. “Guess who’s paying for lunch?”

“... Meh!” Oscar exclaimed after his initial shock. He turned around and dropped down, with his back supported by the roadsign, to look up at Tyson with a smirk of regret. “Fine... I know when I lost.” He exhaled a few more times, then took a glimpse of Viridian City. “It’s gotten busy... When I left in the morning, most people were still asleep.”

“Well that’s no fun. I love it when there’s a lot of people around.” Tyson smiled at the statement, and helped Oscar stand up. “Come on, I need to find my friend first, then we’ll get lunch.”

“A friend? Who is it?” Oscar asked as he and Tyson started walking around town.

“Oh, no one special. Ariel Oak.” He replied nonchalantly. Spending his whole life in Pallet has kept him from realizing how important the Oak family was.

“Ariel Oak... Ariel Oak... Doesn’t ring any bells.” Oscar admitted, unaware that his older and more experienced cousin would’ve jumped at the mention of the Oak name. “Who is she?” He asked as they passed one of the houses.

“The daughter of the Professor back in Pallet.” Tyson answered, and they arrived at the Pokemon Center. “Alright, you go order lunch and I’ll see if anyone has seen her.”

Oscar was about to head upstairs when he asked. “Anything specific you want?”

“Cheeseburger, nothing on it. And don’t forget the PokeChow.” Tyson grinned at him before walking over to Nurse Joy.

With that answer, Oscar went up and looked around the upper level of the Pokemon Center. Only recently, they got upgraded so that each now had two floors above the ground level. The old high-tech mailing system and Trade Room still occupied the top floor, but now on the first floor one could find such modern luxuries like a food processor machine, cable TV, a dining table for six people, bedroom for six and a bathroom to have a bath or take a shower, or whatever.

Basically the place could double as hotel for those Trainers who had to stay overnight and look after their more injured Pokemon.

Oscar headed for the food processor and thought quietly what to chose. ‘A cheeseburger, and the PokeChow for Tyson’s Squirtle.’ He thought and smiled, pushing the buttons. ‘Oh, and for his Pichu too. ’ He pushed the PokeChow button again. ‘And, to that...’
Suddenly the Pokeball at his belt shook and opened by itself! “! Right now?!”

“Excuse me, have you seen this girl?” Tyson asked the Nurse Joy behind the counter, who smiled and nodded.

“Yes, but I’m afraid you missed her. She went off toward Viridian Forest about an hour ago.”

Tyson thanked her and walked upstairs. “Hey Oscar, we need to eat and hurry up. She’s already lef-” He stopped talking when he saw what had happened.

The view was incredible, and funny while at it. The food processor machine was basically flooding the place with different sorts of food, including burgers, salads, instant soups, cakes and ice cream, sweets, candy, and coffee. A surge of movement under all the items hinted at presence somewhere under the layer of food, and in the next second, Oscar burst out, waving his hands madly in a catching fashion.

“Madflame, get back here!”

That’s when Tyson noticed the Cyndaquil, who was running off pretty fast. The fire mouse Pokemon jumped between one pile and another, picking up all sorts of products and tossing them at the poor boy. Oscar ducked under a milkshake and, relieved, wiped a sweat off his face, only to get hit by a pizza following immediately after! “... This lunch will cost me a fortune...” He groaned, then yelped when Cyndaquil jumped onto his head, bounced up from him, and hit the button at the very top.

The food processor returned a can of lemonade.

“Cyn da, cyn-quil-da.” (At last, le-mo-nade.)

Oscar took off his glasses and cleared them, blinked twice, and put them back on his nose. He then spotted Tyson, who hadn’t moved yet from astonishment, and asked. “Did you just see what I did? Because it feels as if my imagination is playing tricks on me...”

“...You need to get that little monster under control, or you’re gonna end up owing a lot of money.” Tyson choked out, desperately trying to hold a laugh.

Oscar exhaled powerlessly, he was SO fed up with his Cyndaquil, who right now was opening the lemonade as if nothing happened. “Cyn-quil-da, cyn-quil-da...” (Le-mo-nade, le-mo-nade...) He couldn’t quite open it with his tiny hands though, so Cyndaquil put the lemonade can on the floor and faced away from it.

“... What’s he gonna do now?” Oscar asked. At times like this, his curiosity took over, shoving aside all anger and embarrassment.

“QUIIIILL!” (HOOOOOT!) Madflame squeaked and channeled fire into his back needles. The amount was just enough to lick the can and, pretty soon, its top popped an opening with a juicy geyser. The moment that happened, Cyndaquil stopped flaming, turned around and flipped the can over. In the end, he was lying on his back with the can balanced with all four of his limbs and the lemonade pouring out directly to his mouth. It all looked almost like a baby drinking its milk.

“.......” Oscar didn’t say anything, but in the silence, he started digging out of the food products with a... smile on his face?

Tyson blinked at the Pokemon’s current look, before falling over laughing. “Dude....if anything...he’s good for a laugh!” Tyson exclaimed, trying to get his breath back.

Oscar waited out to the point when Madflame was finished with his lemonade, then summoned him back while he was relaxed. He sighed and said. “If anything... Right, let’s go with that.” He then opened his eyes and looked all over at the mess his Pokemon made. “I should have enough money at hand to pay for this... but, let me say this: we’ve just bought supplies for the nearest week, only without wasting long hours choosing what to take.” With that comment, he smiled to Tyson and said. “Mind helping me gather this so we can get going at last?”

“Sure, but shouldn’t we let the Pokemon eat first? We’ll be out of luck if we have to battle and they’re too hungry to fight.” Tyson suggested.

“Yes, that too.” Oscar agreed and they got to work.

Twelve minutes later, they were done with the cleaning, packing and just about finished eating. Psyduck was out and sat quietly next to Oscar, with closed eyes and a pose as if she was meditating. Ahead of her there was some food Oscar took out from his pack, which she ate bit by bit every now and then. She was almost finished too. Rein was sitting next to Jake, who had just finished repacking his backpack with all the new supplies. She looked around the room and spotted a computer.

“Well, ready to go?” Tyson asked looking over to Oscar.

The boy with glasses nodded to that, finishing his french fries. Then he looked at Ducky, who had just enough food left to finish the moment she took a break again... and then he spotted Rein. “Hm?” Oscar followed her look...

Before Tyson could even see what Oscar was looking at, Rein had gotten up and hopped into the computer chair.

“What the heck? What are you doing Squirtle?” Tyson stood up to see, but...

“! Tyson, watch...” Oscar saw him step on a banana peel they forgot to throw away, but it was too late, and he slipped.

Meanwhile, during that comical commotion with the good-ol’-slapstick banana peel, Rein had started pushing buttons on the keyboard, typing out her name.

Lying on the floor, Tyson was rubbing his head, which had slammed into the floor when he slipped. Oscar walked over to him, crouched nearby and gave a hand to pull him up. “Thanks Oscar.” Tyson said and stood up, wiping off his clothes and looking over at Rein. “Any clue what she’s doing?”

Oscar followed Tyson’s look and found Rein pushing some buttons on the computer. “No, but I’ll check it.” He replied and walked over there to have a look. In the meantime, Ducky finished eating and returned to her Pokeball on her own.

Since Rein didn’t have hands that could press the buttons right, some of the message was scrambled. ‘myt mnamne isa Rein’ The message on the screen said... Still, she was very careful to spell her name right.

When Oscar got to her, he realized what the screen showed. “Hey Tyson, check this out!” He called and read the message. “It seems your Squirtle wants to tell us something.”

“Huh?” Tyson walked over and looked at the screen. “Rein? Is that your name?”

“Squirt!” (Yes!) Rein cheered and tackled him to the floor!

“Amazing... She can write!” Oscar cheered too, very excited to learn that. He then looked at Tyson and his Squirtle on the floor, saying. “Right... Nice to meet you, Rein.”

Rein smiled at Oscar and got off Tyson.

“Okay... Now that we know Rein’s name... are we ready to go?” Tyson grabbed his backpack and stood up, Rein jumping onto his head.

Oscar took his backpack from near the table, put it on and replied. “Yes.” The two then left the Pokemon Center.

About half an hour later, the two were deep in Viridian Forest, and as far as anyone could tell, totally, absolutely, inevitably... lost.

“I knew we should have gotten some kind of map!” Tyson shouted, once again getting hit in the head by a branch.

Oscar shook his head lightly and sat down next to Tyson. It was true that they made ‘some’ progress since they entered here, but unfortunately for them, that only translated into getting further away from the entrance. Now, without knowing where either exit was, they were left with the ‘lovely’ perspective of spending a longer time here, among many Bug Pokemon.

“Well, it’s not that we’re in any immediate trouble...” Oscar, once again, tried his best to look at the situation’s positive side. “... rather, we could get into a royal mess at any moment.” But yeah, it wasn’t working well.

And at that exact moment, a loud, girly scream was heard, followed by someone – or maybe something? – bursting from the bushes, running directly at Oscar. By the time he heard the noise coming, he was already lying on the ground with the air knocked out of him and with an amount of awareness any rock could easily match.

Tyson bent down to help her up, but was hit on the head when she sat up herself. “Ow!”

The girl blinked, before speaking. “Tyson?”
-----------------------------------  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 pm
Chapter 5: Ariel and Paras! The mild terrors or Viridian Forest!

The commotion attracted Cyndaquil, who released himself taking advantage of Oscar’s unconscious state. In the midst of all the sudden chaos, he sat back and observed everyone with a cocky smile.

The two stared at each other for a certain time, surprised at the encounter. Apparently Tyson needed some time to figure out that this brown eyed girl, with B-cup breasts, wearing black pants, a purple vest with a grey T-shirt underneath, with a Jigglypuff-shaped hairclip binding her shoulder-long, wavy blonde hair was in fact... Ariel Oak.

“What are you doing out here? Oh right, you were getting your starter today, right?” Ariel asked, though it was obvious she was very confused... and still sitting on Oscar. They both forgot about Tyson’s companion for the time being.

“Yeah, and your dad told me to come find you.” Tyson replied.

“Why?” She asked further.

“Well, he wanted me to come with you on your journey.”

“Hpmh, typical dad. He doesn’t think I can do anything by myself.” Ariel appeared angry at these news.

“So...who did you choose for your starter Ariel?” Tyson asked, knowing from personal experience Ariel+Angry=Not Good.

“Oh, well why don’t I just show you?” She grinned and threw a pokeball in the air, and a male Bulbasaur popped out, landing on her head.

“Cool! How did he do that?”

“We did a little practice while we were back in the city.” Ariel answered. “So, who did you pick?”

“Huh?” Tyson looked around frantically. “Rein?! Where are you?!”

Rein was actually standing behind Ariel, a sweatdrop on her head. “Squirtle Squirt.” (I’m right here) Ariel turned around and looked at Rein. “How cute!” She pulled Rein into a hug, at which both Tyson and Bulbasaur sweatdropped.

Cyndaquil was observing the whole scene with simple curiosity, but by that point, he had enough. He walked up to the unconscious Oscar and touched his cheeks, getting no reaction. However, that made Tyson and Ariel finally look down and notice him. “Sorry!” Ariel quickly got off of Oscar and bent down to help him, even though she knew he was out cold. Oscar didn’t respond even when Ariel picked him up by the shoulders and lifted him to a semi-seated position.

That’s when Cyndaquil got an idea. “Cyncyn...” (Let's see...) He faced away from Oscar, hopped upwards and then cried. “QUIIIIL!” (HOOOOT!)

The flame licked Oscar only briefly, but long enough to set his hair on fire! The moment the flames hit, Ariel dropped him and Rein quickly put them out with a Water Gun. The joined sensation of burning heat and sudden wetness forced Oscar to open his eyes. “Who, where?! ... ...” He crawled back a bit and accidentally shoved Cyndaquil away.

“Quilda...” (Idiot...) He squeaked and Tackled Oscar in the side to earn his attention.

“What? No, don’t say...” Oscar exclaimed, still confused at the situation. He reached for his Pokeball but Cyndaquil landed on his hand, not letting him take it out. The Breeder eyed his disobedient Pokemon with a rather angry look and rose to full feet, at which Madflame promptly flipped over and jumped away.

The recalling beam missed. Oscar sighed and turned to Ariel and Tyson. “Same as always... Oh? Who are you?”

“I’m Ariel Oak, and sorry for sitting on you.” She said, and laughed nervously.

“I’m Oscar, a Pokemon Breeder. We were looking for you but I didn’t think you’d find us, and, well, not like this...” Oscar replied and put a hand behind his head, smiling no less nervously.

“Quilda, quil cyn...” (Idiot, I say...)

Rein hit Madflame over the head. “Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle Squir tle?” (Can’t you be a little nicer to him?)

Madflame rubbed his head at the the point where Rein hit him, then stared back at the turtle Pokemon with a confident Leer. “Quil... Cyndaquil cyndacynda.” (No... Not unless you can make me.)

“Squir tle squirt.” (Bring it on.)

None of the humans seemed to pay any attention to what their Pokemon were doing. In fact they just continued their talk... “Anyway...shouldn’t we get going now?” Tyson asked, looking around for any signs of an exit.

Ariel shivered. “We need to find some way other than the straight path. That exit is surronded by b-bug Pokemon.” She replied nervously. Tyson shook slightly at the mention of bugs.

Oscar noticed she seemed uncomfortable. “Why are you shivering?”

“I don’t like bug Pokemon.” Tyson and Ariel answered at the same time.

“Hm?” Oscar blinked when he heard the apparent echo. “Both of you? Okay... then we have a problem.” He concluded, sweatdropping. “But don’t worry. I'm sure there is some other way, without going directly through this mess.”

“I don’t think so.” Ariel answered. “There would be a way if one of our Pokemon knew the move Cut, but then we’d also need the Cerulean City gym badge.”

‘Cut? That’s not good...’ Oscar thought, correcting his glasses and looking around. Wherever he turned, all he saw were trees. ‘I remember Zuzanny mentioning HMs, which required badges. Cut must be one of them...’ Then he got an idea and asked. “But if others can get through, then there must be a way... What’s on the other side of Viridian Forest, anyway?”

“Pewter City.” Tyson answered, then took a deep breath. “We’ll just have to go through the forest as quick as possible.”

Madflame grinned menacingly at Rein, dropped to all fours and then Tackled right away. Unfortunately for him, choosing a Squirtle’s shell for a frontal attack isn’t the best strategy – Rein barely felt the blow thanks to her shell. She then hit Madflame head on with a Water Gun. All this happened while the heroes were busy talking - amazing how three trainers can ignore a Pokemon Battle that’s right next to them, eh?

The Water Gun washed Cyndaquil so directly into the ground that he flattened, not moving at all after the hit. He just lied there on his belly with his limbs outspread and flames put out, looking defeated. Rein blinked. “Squir, Squirtle Squirtle.” (Well, that was easy)

“I agree with you there, Tyson.” Oscar spoke. “Let’s move before it gets too dark. Oh?” He then suddenly noticed one of his Pokeballs lacked its inhabitant. “Where is...”

“... Quil!” (Not!) Madflame squeaked and suddenly jumped right back up. He hopped left out of sight and launched a surprise Tackle attack, this time aiming lower. Rein got hit and fell onto her back, that is, onto her round shell. “Squirt Squirt!” (Help help!). All she could do was shake left and right from her current position.

“Rein?” Tyson looked right and noticed the two Pokemon. “Hey!” He then helped Rein up, who was about to shoot Madflame in the head with another Water Gun until she was pulled into Tyson’s lap.

Similarly, Oscar leapt after Madflame, and for once, he caught him. “Cyn-DAAAAA!” (Let-GOOOO!) The fire mouse squeaked, but his owner knew better.

“Always up to trouble...” He said with a sigh, then reached for the Pokeball at his belt. An anger vein popped on Madflame’s head.

“QUIIIIL!” (HOOOOT!) The flames licked Oscar’s hand and side, dividing the two. Madflame flipped back onto all fours, cast. “Cyn da Quilda.” (What an idiot.) Added a fitting mean smirk to the whole, and ran off in small hops before the boy in glasses could even aim the returning beam.

“Madflame! Come back here!” Oscar shouted and ran after him into the tall grass.

After about 5 minutes Ariel asked. “... Shouldn’t we follow him?”

“No. Too many Bug Pokemon.” Tyson answered, so the two decided to sit and wait.

Oscar chased Madflame all the way into another part of the forest, to the point when he cornered him. “Cyn, quil?” (Now, where?)

“I’ve grown tired of this... ” Oscar coughed and reached for his other Pokeball. “Ducky, go!”

His Psyduck emerged and eyed down Madflame with a serious look. “Duck.” (Stop.) She briefly ordered and the fire mouse froze, bound to the spot with the power of Disable.

“Cyncyncyn...” (That’s unfair...)

“Psy-duck?” (So what?)

Ducky crossed her tiny arms in a power pose and waited until Oscar caught up with them. With Cyndaquil’s Tackle being the Disabled attack, he couldn’t move his feet from the spot. Sweat poured down his back and wetted the burning needles, this condition was frustrating. “Cyndaquil...” (I have to...)

Oscar stopped, aimed his Pokeball perfectly and shouted. “Madflame, retu...”

“QUIIL!” (SMOKE!) The fire mouse squeaked, producing a heavy deal of smoke from his mouth. The area got filled right away. Oscar did fire the beam, but it missed. Cyndaquil escaped him.

He coughed up and managed to speak. “Smokescreen... When did he learn it?” Then, the smoke lifted and he saw Madflame was already gone, while the Disable expired.

“Tsch. Ducky, let’s go. We have to find him.” Oscar announced. “Duck.” (Fine.)

He was about to go when he heard a rusttling sound. ‘Is he... coming back?’ Oscar wondered, then saw a frightened Pokemon burst out of the bushes, with Madflame tailing him. The bullied Pokemon was an orange crab with twin mushrooms growing at his back, about equal in size, but by no means in spirit. “That’s a...” Oscar spoke while opening his Pokedex. “... Paras!”

“Pa-a-a-ras...” (Leave me alone...)

“Cyn cyn cyndaquil.” (What an odd fellow.)

The two Pokemon started chasing around. Oscar, true to his nature, once again forgot all about his intention of catching Madflame and just sat down to observe the chase. At first, they were running in a tiny circle, but then, Cyndaquil spun around and came face to face with Paras.

“Quil.” (Boo.)

“Pa-A-a-A-a-A-ras!” (*panic sounds*)

Paras stepped right, but Cyndaquil moved left. When he moved right, so did Madflame step left. Right, left. Left, right. It looked as if he was mirroring his movement.

“A hunting strategy of Cyndaquil... Huh?” Oscar exclaimed when the scene was suddenly interrupted.

“Duck.” (Stop.) Psyduck commanded, stepping between the two Pokemon and dividing them. Cyndaquil leaned around to catch sight of Paras and squeaked again. “Quil.” (Boo.) “Pa-A-a-A-a-A-ras!” (*more panic sounds*)

That’s when Psyduck got angry and Disabled Madflame again. Oscar popped back to attention and called him back, then placed the Pokeball back to his belt.

“You’ve caused enough trouble for today, Madflame...” He commented and walked over to the scared Paras. “Pa-a-a-a-ras... Paras?” (Woo-oo-oo-oo... Whoo?)

Oscar crouched but kept some distance, knowing how scared Paras was. The Pokemon soon stopped shivering and switched to mere curiosity, looking at Psyduck, at Oscar, at Psyduck again. “Paras?” (Not enemy?)

Oscar smiled back, then noticed a bruise from a Tackle on Paras’ side. Furthermore, the Pokemon was standing on shaking legs. “Probably a gift from Madflame... I can’t really leave you here, can I?” Oscar asked. With a comforting smile he took out a Pokeball, looked at it, and in a blink shifted his attention to Paras again.

“... Paras?” (Master?)

-----------------

Tyson and Ariel waited a further 7 minutes, but then Oscar returned. “Hey.” He called as a greeting. “I’m back...”

“It took you that long to find him?” Ariel asked.

“Not surprising, considering the mess he caused at the Pokemon Center.” Tyson said with a sweatdrop.

“He got into a battle on his own again. This time, however, I came right in time to save his target...” Oscar announced, with a face like apologizing again.

“And what was his target this time? Another trainer?” Tyson asked, remembering his encounter.

“No, it was a wild Pokemon... He was hurt, so, I took him along.” Oscar explained and took out a third Pokeball. “Paras, come say hello.”

The mushroom Pokemon emerged and aimed his frightened eyes up at Tyson, Rein, Ariel and the Bulbasaur on her head. He looked a little insecure with so many observers.

“Squirt!” (Hi!) Squirtle greeted the new Pokemon.

“Cool. At least Madflame did something right this time.” Tyson smiled at the Paras.

“Can we PLEASE go?!” Ariel was crouching behind Tyson, looking toward the exit of the forest... which was only about 5 feet from them this whole time.

Oscar then suddenly spotted the exit that the blonde girl was looking at. “... Anyone know WHY we didn’t notice it all this time?”

“Pa-a-ra-a-a-as?” (From fear?)

“Well, Ariel and I were worried about the bugs, and you were unconscious till you chased Madflame.” Tyson said with a sweatdrop.

“.........” Oscar didn’t add anything. He took a few steps and moved the branches, seeing sunlight entering through the dense leaves. He turned back to his friends and flashed a smile for them. “Alright then, say bye to the Bug Pokemon of Viridian Forest, because we’re leaving here for real.”

“Pa-a-a-a-ras!” (Bye!) The mushroom Pokemon cheered, and then noticed he got left behind, so he hurriedly rushed in fear after the team of three.
-------------------------------

I have 19 chapters done, but 20 is nearly complete, THerefore, I'll post 5 chapters tomorrow, then 5 on saturday, then the final five when 20 is done, and then I'll see where it goes from there  

X_MasterMagician_X

Great Canyon (Writing Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff