No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Mental Ilness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you been diagnosed with a mental illness?
  yes
  no
View Results

Yasuchika-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:57 pm
I was diagnosed with and I quote "Personality disorder with depressed and anxious mood" when I had my first panic attack. It was enough to get me out of the Air Force and keep me from holding a security job or gaining a handgun permit, but otherwise it's a load of bunk. My mother has seizures and does not work, my stepfather was on unemployment, I'd never been away from my parents for so long before, and my senior year of high school I'd started feeling a few symptoms of depression as well as having SI fantasies (as well as some homosexual ones, but that's another matter), and I went into BMT convinced that I was not going to survive and that I'd never see my family or my friends again. So yeah, the stress got to me and I freaked out, screaming at my bunkmates as they tried to get me to stop making beds when I couldn't and crying at night telling another bunkmate that I could easily break open my razor and slash my wrists but I wouldn't because of what it would do to my mother. I was put in the psych discharge dormitory, where I met a couple really cool girls that I wish I hadn't lost contact with. I later went to a doctor because I'd been dizzy for a month straight and he put me on Xanax which oddly enough helped a very little bit with my occasional panic attacks but only worsened my dizziness.

I don't exactly figure I have a mental illness most times, though I don't know why I have my panic attacks I just know not to have any sharp objects around if I feel one coming on- I think the scar's finally fading from the time when my best friend and I were fighting over the phone and I had an attack while trying to cut my leg with a pair of scissors. I forgot the scissors were in my hand and I just started beating my leg with my hand holding the open scissors, not stopping until I saw the blood nearly gushing down my leg and the bloody scissors. I know my SI tendencies come from the fact that I've always been easily guilted and blame myself for things that aren't my fault, as well as the fact that my parents were very strict in punishing me (by my mindset anyway) so when nobody else does that now I feel it's my own responsibility to punish myself. Harry Potter fans will understand this- during a panic attack I can act very much like Dobby when he's done something wrong. But I also have dissociative episodes, have all my life I think just didn't know what it was, and I've learned to control them to a point that helps avoid attacks. Unhealthy I'm pretty sure, but it's what works.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:08 pm
i don't remember where but i heard they are giving kids crack cuz they have some mental illness in a counry (or state)(( this is out of the u.s))  

13 Dark Butterflies

Andromeda Zreng

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 am
Well, in America, they use medical marijuana (which, honestly, I think is really stupid because then the patient becomes a marijuana addict). When you say "this is out of the U.S.", are you saying you are out of the U.S. or the case is outside the U.S.?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:40 pm
the case is out of the US  

13 Dark Butterflies

Jaenne

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:13 pm
I have suffered from depression all of my life. That is my little flaw. I've never considered suicide, because I am always too curious about what happens around the next corner. I had a young cousin commit suicide a few years ago and I saw how it destroyed his family. I would never do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:25 pm
I have been dignoised ( sorry for the spelling) with an anxiouty disorder and deppresion and i dont know if mental illnesses really exist but if you have one you should seek help because it certainly improved my life to seek help and would probably improve yours.  

bighairy dog

fefa93

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm
I dont know whether i have this or not because i dont go to therepitsts but i might have schizophrenia.
One day I was talking to my friends what was going inside on my head and she's had physchology 1 & 2 and she says that i might have schizophrenia.
She said it jokeingly but i took her seriously & looked it up.
I have the symptoms of early schizophrenia but i cant really be sure since i've never been officially diagnosed =/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm
Very mild ADHD and aspergers syndrome.
Hell, it's practically unnoticable, so i'm not really sure i count into this.
But i tend to ask myself, what would i be like if i didn't have this?
I worry that i might have been a better, more rational person.
But what does it matter, i am who i am.
Never mind the past, it's not like it's going to happen again.  

White Tiger Akutare

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:14 pm
I have been diagnosed with schizotypal (where the schizo in my avatar name comes from) dissociative depersonalization, depression, and anxiety. To make it worse, I've been like this since I can remember and have apparently had my family fight the system to keep me out of the hospital. Now I'm on disability and go to a social rehabilitation system.
You may not have wanted to know this, but too bad. You do now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 am
I agree to educate. I have ADHD and very mild OCD. Yeah. Tell me how that got bunched togather. Im not picked out as "different" cause I take meds. Yum. Anyways when someone finds out they want to to make sure you take yours med and breath down your back. It's annoying and tweeks me out a bit. I can take care of myself and remember to take my meds. I am not dumb or forgetful. I am just a bit distracted. Theres other fun things out there then taking meds. Duh... So why? I don't know. Just cause I have the attention span of a chipmunk I am differrent. Everybody gets distracted once in a while. So what I get distracted quicker. I have not hurt my self....no... I have BUT not badly. (Ran into objects) YEAH FOR CHEMICAL INBALENCES!!!!! Who is with me?  

demon catwolf

6,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

sabaku_no_rebecca

5,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:07 pm
I agree with the stigma thing--nobody should be looked down upon because they have a mental "illness."

I have AD/HD, OCD, SED, CSP, and BDD, sofaras I've been able to figure out and with the help of professionals. For those that don't know, that's Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Selective Eating Disorder, Compulsive Skin Picking Disorder (or Dermatillomania, with slight Trichtillomania), and Body Dysmorphia Disorder.

And yet even though some aspects are taken to an extreme, to anyone I would seem like a totally functional (which I am) person with a little distractibility, a bit of perfectionism, a picky diet, some scabs, and a tiny insecurity. Basically, a human being.

I don't know where I stand necessarily on how much of a 'disorder' these disorders really are, but I do believe they are not personality faults, and I believe in mental illness and that its sufferers are not to blame. I just think that the stigma is so ridiculous. So what if I have these aspects of me? I am a completely mentally healthy and well-functioning person, treat me as such. I am not broken.

Thank you for bringing up this topic, by the way. No one ever talks about mental disorders except with extreme panic.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff