Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
If you do something in the past what affect will it have....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

if you kill a butterfly in the past will it ruin the future(present)
  yes
  no
View Results

Skyliner778

Dapper Noob

10,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:20 pm
lets say you go back in time and kill yourself what would happen most ppl believe you would stop to exist but what if you it makes it so you don't create the time machine to go back because you won't exist and if you don't exist you won't be able to kill yourself and it would go on as normal except a fue major or minor differences and you wouldn't know that happened EVER and rembering if you will these events may be described as De-Ja-Vu or time skips that's only in theory of course but what do you think

ps- if i'm using this wrongly i appoligize because i'm new and do not know if this is suitable for here and i'm not to great at spelling  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:55 pm
its really simple actually...

imagine a dot, a simple dot, then add another next to it, and then another, now add millions of this dots, all of them together, the starting dot its where you life started, your concience can go and understand only one line, going from the starting point to a death point, but thats does not mean that there is not other line besides that, by building a time machine a killing yourself you are just being 2 or 3 more dots in someone else's line of concience.

well is not that simple razz  

General Overall Deception

Team CT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:12 am
skyliner778
lets say you go back in time and kill yourself what would happen most ppl believe you would stop to exist but what if you it makes it so you don't create the time machine to go back because you won't exist and if you don't exist you won't be able to kill yourself and it would go on as normal except a fue major or minor differences and you wouldn't know that happened EVER and rembering if you will these events may be described as De-Ja-Vu or time skips that's only in theory of course but what do you think

ps- if i'm using this wrongly i appoligize because i'm new and do not know if this is suitable for here and i'm not to great at spelling

how deep...its too difficult to figure out ;P  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:01 am
This is where the theory of infinate dimentions kicks in...that'll take forever to explain...shall I?  

FriendlyFangirl88

BluePod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:16 am
Plz try.
But here is a therory of mine.
What yo create when yo do those things are paradoxes. A reality that canot be the same as it originaly was. I think if something like that were to happen you may actually create a parrele reality one where you died and one where you live.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:01 pm
I think if you went back to the past and killed yourself...

One: You would be dead.
Two: If, let's say...some guy was walking down the road and sees your body, he would stop and get help. What if he does this instead of going to an important meeting that he WOULD have gone to if he didn't see your corpse? What if this meeting determined something very important, such as some kind of leader? If he wasn't there to give his say, what if some OTHER leader were chosen, instead of the one that would have been picked? The effect could be significant on the time from whence you came!

Sorry...I get rather carried away with my fantasies.

Athlaxi

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 pm
i think if i went back in time and tried to kill myself, I'd probably end up failing at each attempt. and thus I didnt kill myself. and thus i was still alive to travel in time.

basically, if i could go back in time to try, then chances are i was already there trying in the original run through.......  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:30 am
skyliner778

well, if you go back in the past and kill yourself then you won't exist in the future.
Its major never a minor.
De-ja-vu I believe is different  

Lokhen

ninja-boi92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:02 pm
ok. so. time travel, in my mind has a few possibilities. all of which seem logical to me. thus, using the killing yourself model:

1. you succeed. therefor, you do not exist in your future. thus, you could not go back in time to kill yourself, so you dont die, so you go back... blah blah blah. paradox. either the world will end, or the cycle will stop if you choose not to kill yourself.

2. you succeed. now, another branch is added to the timeline, where youve died, and everything that would then be affected by that happens. you, the present you, stays alive, and continues as if it never happened. therefor, your reality isnt affected.

3. certain forces prevent you from killing yourself. nothing is changed.

however, straying from killing yourself, several more possibilities come in

1. you change something, and it affects the future, or your present. either a paradox happens, and teh world ends if your change affected you going into the past, or nothing outside the change happens. noone realizes it. end of story

2. change does not happen. everything stays the same, because the already existant course of events was dependent on your time travel. no new timelines, no change, just fate.

sorry for length  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm
I think that all things are connected. You take out one and it all becomes undone!  

mara love queen

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff