No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
solving my religious issue! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should I pick a religion to follow or should I follow my own personal beliefs??
  pick a religion
  follow your beliefs
View Results

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 pm
so I talked to my boyfriend and I feel much better. we talked about many different religions and what they have and I'd like any info you guys could give my on them since my mom isn't being supportive. but I'd like to still worship the Christain God and still have the bible. but I don't want it to be as strict as Catholicism.
or maybe I should just follow my own beliefs?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Personally I'd say follow your own beliefs I've gone through religions like a girl termed the 'city bicycle' goes through guys and I've studied them all they all have good points but a lot have points of 'kill or convert' it's best to have your own beliefs because those say who you are what's right what's wrong to you in short it's best to have your own beliefs and be yourself.  

Nerevar Fatehand

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:37 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
Personally I'd say follow your own beliefs I've gone through religions like a girl termed the 'city bicycle' goes through guys and I've studied them all they all have good points but a lot have points of 'kill or convert' it's best to have your own beliefs because those say who you are what's right what's wrong to you in short it's best to have your own beliefs and be yourself.
very good point  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 pm
Honestly, religion is something you find and follow in your own way. Some people like being told EXACTLY what to do and what not to (hence some of the more strict Christian branches) , others enjoy freedom given to them by their religion (Wiccan or some of the more loose Christian branches)

Unfortunately, many parents raised underneath the stricter Christian or other religious branches sometimes make it much harder for their children to find their own path... Non-denominational churches might be what you're looking for if you still want to go to a religious place to honor your God.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 am
Fenera
Honestly, religion is something you find and follow in your own way. Some people like being told EXACTLY what to do and what not to (hence some of the more strict Christian branches) , others enjoy freedom given to them by their religion (Wiccan or some of the more loose Christian branches)

Unfortunately, many parents raised underneath the stricter Christian or other religious branches sometimes make it much harder for their children to find their own path... Non-denominational churches might be what you're looking for if you still want to go to a religious place to honor your God.
indeed...my mom was raised as a lutheran but she switched to catholic...but yet she's not letting my even try to switch to something new!

it feels really strange not having a religion >.< sort of a mix of happiness, confusion, sadness and...just sorta feel like I'm doing something wrong confused which I know I'm not...it's just...idk >.<;;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:34 pm
to me god doesn't care as long as you do worship in your own way you know i dress in all black and my mom is on me constantly about it....god doesn't care what you look like.....i agree with fenera you have to followit your own way  

JaceyJulep

Pure-hearted Conversationalist

Beccaecka

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:20 pm
I believe that your mother shouldn't keep you tied down to her religion. My mother was forced to be a Catholic as well until she was eighteen. She'd been attending a different church for years, and was finally able to become a full time member. I guess that God doesn't punish you for not having a religion. I mean, if you feel like the one you are in isn't right, it's not your fault, is it? So, your freedom of choice lets you decide what you want to believe and how you would like to go about it. Your parents can't keep a leash on you your whole life, thank goodness.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:30 pm
xKuro Tsutax
I believe that your mother shouldn't keep you tied down to her religion. My mother was forced to be a Catholic as well until she was eighteen. She'd been attending a different church for years, and was finally able to become a full time member. I guess that God doesn't punish you for not having a religion. I mean, if you feel like the one you are in isn't right, it's not your fault, is it? So, your freedom of choice lets you decide what you want to believe and how you would like to go about it. Your parents can't keep a leash on you your whole life, thank goodness.
here's how my mom probably views it...she thinks the catholic religion is "the way". but in reality, religions were created by people branching off of other religions and creating their own because thats what they believed instead. So no religion is really "the way" they're just an easy way to group together people who think the same.  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

hybridblake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:44 pm
I would have to say say a christian but get out of catholicism 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:02 am
I'm Catholic. But i don't really see the strictness in it. You just have to mold your own beleiefs. take me for example. I'm Catholic. But I do alot of thigns the same as everybody else. Most religions revolve around around an almighty being. just choose your path and stick w/it. You don't have to eb hardcore about it.  

K1T3

Cerulian Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 pm
I myself actually have struggled with finding my own religion about a month ago, so I know a little bit of what you're going through right now.

I would say that you should just follow what you believe to be right. I don't go to any church myself, but that's because of a fear that developed after being brainwashed for 15 years while I belonged to a cult (not a satanic one, though).

So just do what you think you should do. Don't let anyone else decide for you what to believe, because then you'll doubt your beliefs.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm
Here's how I see it. Religion is just a group of people's beliefs, right? So that kinda makes everyone following their own religion the whole time any way. But if you base your beliefs on what some book says (no offense meant) then that is just like being on a bandwagon.  

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 am
hella uncool
so I talked to my boyfriend and I feel much better. we talked about many different religions and what they have and I'd like any info you guys could give my on them since my mom isn't being supportive. but I'd like to still worship the Christain God and still have the bible. but I don't want it to be as strict as Catholicism.
or maybe I should just follow my own beliefs?

all you really can do is follow your own beliefs. it's good that youre thinking for yourself. you cant suddenly decide what you're going to believe... either you believe it or you dont. it's not a choice. its a deep seated feeling that you have from deep within you. it's sad, but common that your mother isnt supportive, but you are an individual and religious belief is a highly personal thing, and you shouldnt believe in something just because someone else said so. you need to question things for yourself, and I think it's wonderful that this seems to be what you're doing. I know a bit about a bunch of different religions, and I dont believe any one of them literally. but the more research you do on different religions you not only see the differences between them, but also the similarities, and I think it's the similarities that people should focus on. take what is useful, and disgard the rest.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 am
uhm, time for an aeithiest to speak.

christians, muslims and hebrews are the same religion in the end, no matter how you look at it. God and Allah are the same person, you heard me right. and they all sing this tune:

"there is an invisible man, or woman if your feminist, in the clouds watching every thing you do, there is no hiding. and he has a set plan you will follow, even if it means you die. That and he has a list of 10 things you must NEVER do, If you do one, you will be banished to a place of BURNING,ANGUISH, and ETERNAL SUFFERING AND TORTURE. and that place happens to be underground somehow."

yes it is anti-religious. but it isnt neccasarily a lie either.

buddhism would be one I would consider, I mean. think. THERE IS NO HATE IN BUDDHISTS, you could beat and rape one of their daughters and they would go "hello my brother, please be at peace."

there are hundreds more I know, and for those concerned. Satanism isn't a frikin religion, it is a low bred branch of christianity twisted to sell CD's for bands like ICP and stuff. Try to argue and I can definetely prove you wrong about that.

now, for those who dont like me after this. argue, I do like and respect opinions, religion is touchy, but it is not forbidden to argue over it.

as for me? I worship the sun now.

I can see the sun.
I get things from the sun every day all day (light, heat, plants for air)
And when I pray, the same 50% chance rate that god gives me still applies.

thank you for your time, and I apologize to those who found my opinion offensive.  

phynixblack

daggblu4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 pm
LOL what phynx said is funny. and hella is right about the commonality of gathering. i'm born, raised a catholic...until my freshman year of catholic highschool. old enough to raise questions, unanswered of course. but now that i'm older, i have my own following of various religious sentiments. i believe IN A GOD, but i also branch off to other religions. maybe i'm agnostic? my bf is aetheist (not a pagan as my father accuses, not that paganism is bad) and he thinks i'm ff his beliefs. my parents are supremely unsupportive, like yours. a few years ago i had a horrible bout w/ them coz i didn't want to go to church. i've had it, i couldnt' take it. i explained to them my beliefs, which is extremely unchristian for them. to me, church is a family tradition ( i now go w/ them when we can) therefore i force myself. but as long as you worship respectfully and whole heartedly your own way, your god will find you deserving. i'd rather be who i am in my beliefs than be an avid praiser one day a week then cross myself before shooting someone, wearing a cross while raping a person, crying out his name while scamming someone, etc., i punctuated to my parents. my mom agreed ( dad was still vehement) but she still pushes me to the bandwagon coz ' i need to ff something in my life for guidance and help me from temptations and s-*t holes. but if you believe your belief truly makes you honorable and helps you find yourself then go for it. modern times affords it and you. no matter what the argument is, religion is as vital to society as gov't is. hey, i'm not religious, but even i understand that. caly is right, some need to be told whats and waht nots. churches is often a stable environment, a constant many people need in their weekly basis. to escape, to medidate...but the unspoken truth is- a place to gather w/ others in common. we're humans. we need that constant stability of normalcy. even if it's fake, sometimes =P. so, you're not the only one finding a religion. nowadays, it's ok to not be so keen in a single one. honestly, even if you don't have a distinguished or labeled religion, as long as you're an honorable citizen, you can't go wrong.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff