??
  good
  bad
  GOLD!
View Results

JaceyJulep

Pure-hearted Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:32 pm
hello there my name is nev and i just got married to a wonderful guy but hte catch is we are only 16. we went through paper work parents signatures and all the laws... i love him very very much, i mean i knew we would be in love for ever and he was the one but i was wondering good idea or a bad idea  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:37 pm
Honestly, I would think it would be a bit foolish if you both enjoy a lot of freedom and whatnot so you can be with others and not worry about a spouse at a young age... But if you both are the type to be devoted it might work just not something I hear about everyday....  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:52 pm
I'd say it's not a very smart idea in the least but whoever said love was smart mrgreen
I'd say if you both love each other and are willing to commit yourselves to each other uncompromisingly I'd say it's a very romantic thing to do and I'm glad you found someone for you so early 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am
i don't think it was the best thing to do. i really hope it works out and evrythings cool, but if u guys were so sure u would be in love forever there should have been no problem waiting 'til u finish college, or highschool at the very least. 16 is such a young age for it....but hey, if it works, kudo's to u! whee  

Sotur

a.shadow.from.the.dark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:10 am
I think it's a bit young to get married, but if you really think it will last, then all i can say is: Best of luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:28 pm
than you all and the more to come i love him sooo much and i feel like we will be together for ever....  

JaceyJulep

KnivesMillions-Plant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:31 pm
I wish you all the happiness in the world ^^
but...
people change so much during and after college. You may change in different ways and if you honor the promises made in marriage, then you spend the rest of your life with someone you don't get along with.
Still you might be lucky and change in the same direction. I sincerely hope this is the case. Very best of luck to you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 pm
Well, married at 16 is not bad, but not so good either. I mean really it's far different from a relationship, now you're actually "bonded for life" and whatever you do will probably effect each other more. There's pros and cons to it.  

f0rsakenl0veaga1n

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:48 am
*sigh* hun, I think your future has some huuge cliffs and hills you're gonna have to scale. I've been with 4 guys and I felt the same way about three of them. I could picture us growing old together and living a happy married life. sadly, we changed as we got older. everyone does, especially through high school and college. I'm not talking just little changes, I mean drastic character changes. Since you two feel so committed I think you'll end up with what's called "empty love" you'll still be fully committed to each other, but it'll lack the passion of romantic love. so just be really careful ok? empty love can be one of the most depressing things you'll deal with.

I'm not trying to be mean...I just want to let you know that there can be a bad side to such an early commitment.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:14 am
yes yes thank you i understand  

JaceyJulep

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:15 pm
Marrying at 16, i think is kind of young to do, but that's just what I think. Just remember that you both are still young and you'll ran into alot of problems, if you both work on working out those problems then you'll be fine. Just remember that it takes two to solve a problem and trust each other alot.

Congrats though!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:14 pm
I got married recently at 18 years old. It's good that you are questioning your decision so you are always evaluating and it will be easier to see a problem in the beginning stages rather than just waiting for it to get worse. If you really feel like you are ready for marriage then don't let others get in the way of that. For some people having those extra years to party and fool around with others isn't something they really care about doing. I'm a loner as is my new husband and the whole college partying and multiple relationships that are basically one night stands did not interest us at all. We knew we wanted to get married so we did for the sake of being able to wakt up to each other every morning. However, there are alot of people who do get married for the wrong reason whether or not they are sixteen or sixty years old. They only problem with getting married young is if you are mature enough to realize the importance of making good relationships, not just with spouses and boyfriends/girlfriends, but also friends and family. Maturity will also matter in whether or not you know that relationships take a tremendous amount of effort. Marriage is not for the faint hearted and the lazy, it takes alot of work get to truly know a person and be there for them. That is my advice: be patient and open to your husband's needs (advice, moral support, occaisionally alone time, etc) as he should be to you. If you cannopt do this then perhaps marriage is not right for you. Also, congratulations and the best of lcuk as well as all the hapiness in the world.  

super_nerd42

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:39 pm
good luck. i hope you'll be a good wife.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 am
Well, because most of the lecture has already been said... all I have left to say would be that:

-when you find the one you feel completes you and they feel the same towards you, work hard to keep it that way.
- truth be told, it will not be easy. Like the others have mentioned, change will be the only constant thing in your lives.
- never lose touch of the things that made you fall in love with each other, because when times get rough, remembering them will hold you close.
- always leave room for each other to grow as an individual, for although you are a married couple, you both still have the right to be your own persons
- if and when you fight, never bring up the past, because it cannot be undone. Instead learn from it and look to the future.
- say "I love you." often, and MEAN it too!

Life is too short and love is too precious. I wish you both the best and I hope you love each other all your lives <3  

Scarlett Syn

Quotable Vampire

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

JaceyJulep

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:36 am
thank you all again i just really am in love and i can't think of not having him in my life  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff