Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My Fears Blow Waaaaay Out of Proportion...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huzzah!
  PUPPYSANDKITTYSANDMICEOHMY!
View Results

men getting pregnant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:40 pm
I'm serious... If I start to fear something, I obsess about it so much I can't function normally. It freaks me out, man, HELP ME!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:14 am
-Edited to help-

Winter Equinox's idea is a good one for now think of how what you're afraid of can be impossible or very very unlikely at the least, it can help a lot of times or simply distract your mind with other things that's how I can handle my nightly meditations outside even though I have a fear of the dark just get distracted by something it should help for now if it doesn't I'll try and think of something better  

Nerevar Fatehand

Sprockette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 am
What is this fear exactly? Well for now I'd relax and taake a few calming breathes,then try to think of reasons that your fear is irrational,how your fear wouldn't come true.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 pm
i can relate. im a real scardy cat. im afraid of everything and im really paranoid. i havent completely dealt with it but yea i take a few deep breaths and think of something funny. sometimes it helps.  

Anabethe

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:01 pm
If you've ever seen the third Harry Potter movie or read the book you can see a resemblance to a boggart. If you're not sure what they are, they're shapeshifters that take the form of whatever the person in front of them is most afraid of. To make them go away, you picture them in a funny way that makes you laugh and it confuses them. This technique might help in your situation, too.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games