Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Is this an eating disorder?!?!?!?!?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil Tree Hugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:56 am
Well two of my friends have lost lots of weight and pant sizes, and quickly too. I talked to one of my friends about how I was worried about her. She hardly ate anything. She only eats dinner, and small amounts of it. I promised her I wouldn't talk about it anymore, but I am worried. Is this an eating disorder? I think she needs to eat. She wont be able to get all the nutrients she needs, and her body might flip out on her or something.
So heres my questions:

Would you consider this and eating disorder? Not like anorexia or bulemia, but a different one since there are tons of different eating disorders out there?

Should I talk to my health teacher about it? She is super cool about everything and she is one of the coolest teachers. She always told us to tell her about if we or our friends were having trouble with this kinda stuff. Should I or would that be tattling?

Please Help!!!!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am
Just intaking less food isn't an eating disorder. But if you think that your health teacher can help then try and make your friends anonomus(sp) SO that the teacher dosn't try and fix a possibly nonexistant problem  

Aubrey of the sliver line

Lil Tree Hugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:04 pm
No. But she doesn't eat anything but a little bit of dinner. Sometimes not even that.

No breakfast, no lunch, and sometimes no dinner.

Thats what worries me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:27 pm
does she work out excessively?

it sounds like anorexia to me except for the fact that you didn't mention excersizing too much (more than two hours a day I believe)  

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:18 pm
1) its the start - read a book on it anor ... how ever u spell it, will develope over a period of time

2) like sum one said ask the teacher but dont mention n e names

imma 13 yr old teen givin out advice xd yay me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:12 pm
hella uncool
does she work out excessively?

it sounds like anorexia to me except for the fact that you didn't mention excersizing too much (more than two hours a day I believe)

She does work out. We do PE for about an hour and a half everyday, and then she does track too.  

Lil Tree Hugger

animefreak225

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 pm
if i were you i would tell because youd just be a good friend for caring for your friend and if she gets pissed and never forgives you thats because she wasnt a true frined to begin with.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:21 pm
Go ask your Health teacher about it...

But it honestly sounds like Anorexia in an early state.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:38 pm
early state anorexia alert, get your friend some help, start with the health teacher, if that doesn't work out tell her rents, she may hate you but it's for the best.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:33 pm
No matter what, people shouldn;t skip meals, especially to diet. Even if you stay the same weight, you can get headaches, mood swings and all sorts of other bad things from not getting the right nutrition at the right times.

Now if you talk to your teacher behind your friends backs they will probably get angry; but that being said, if it's realy serious your teacher sounds like a wonderful person to go to. I would talk to your friends first and then your parents - particularly if your friends parents talk to your parents. Sometimes parents can slip things in and get the word around easily. If all that fails and you're still worried, take it to your teacher.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:42 pm
It's a serious thing that you're describing.

I know first hand what it gets like when you skip meals, but I'm on an "involuntary" diet since I'm an university student that works aswell, which leaves me with never having time to eat properly.

So darling, get your friend some help.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:18 pm
it may be considered an eating disorder... the probelem (aside from health wise) with her not eating to lose weight is that her body is being deprived of the nutrients it needs (and vitamins help but you need more) and because of this when she starts eating regularly she's going to gain weight quickly... When you deprive your body of food for a long time then get something to eat your body freaks and stores all that it can because it dosent know when its going to eat that well again.
I'm trying to remember the term for it too... it's soemthing like "spiral dieting" or elevator... soemthing.. you dont eat to lose weight and when you do you gain.

Talk to a teacher you trust, or someone who you think wont be insensitive about it.  

Goth_chi

ChaoticCatDemon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:33 pm
That does sound like an eating disorder. It could be anorexia, but there is another type of eating disorder and it's called Disordered Eating Behavior, where he person might have the same symptoms of Anorexia, but could also be bingeing and purging like Bulimia, but not as often.
If you know that she also binges and purges, but still looks as if she were anorexic, then she probably has this disorder. If not, then she has Anorexia more or less.
Either way, you must tell someone about your friend. as the others have been saying, it does look like the early stages of Anorexia and you really need to tell someone about it before it gets worse. Even if she finds out that you told about her problem, she won't be too happy about it, but she will thank you for it eventually and she will know that you really do care for her.

So, there's my advice from me to you. Hopefully everyone here has helped you in your situation, and I hope that everything will work out for you and your friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:04 pm
thats just about how much I eat ..heh  

UnlovedWarior

XxXChibiyukiXxX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:14 pm
She is doing what I call fasting. Which is not good because compared to her age, she needs to get more calcium and nutrients or without enough nutrients she will have arthritis! Which is like pain in the joints. ANYWAY, that does lose weight but exercise and healthy eating is much better. Tell her, her eating can come to the point where she gets sick. When she stops eating, her body slows the metabolism down, then when she does eat, the metabolism is still slow and she will put on weight quickly.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff