Submit

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:03 pm
everyone has a different face and are unique all the way down to the fingertips. why is it that if you're brain functions a bit differently too it's a mental problem? ADHD for example. apparently every kid these days has it ( rolleyes ) and maybe even asperger. Thos people are just a bit different but they can still be "socially acceptable"

now things like babies born without a part of their brain and stuff like that, yeah, it's understandable that somethings wrong there. they're physically missing something. it's not just the way things link in your brain.

can't minds be unique like fingerprints though?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:56 pm
hella uncool
everyone has a different face and are unique all the way down to the fingertips. why is it that if you're brain functions a bit differently too it's a mental problem? ADHD for example. apparently every kid these days has it ( rolleyes ) and maybe even asperger. Thos people are just a bit different but they can still be "socially acceptable"

now things like babies born without a part of their brain and stuff like that, yeah, it's understandable that somethings wrong there. they're physically missing something. it's not just the way things link in your brain.

can't minds be unique like fingerprints though?

of course they are, if I'm understanding your question correctly. everything that you are is of your mind. just like everyone's personality is different from everyone elses. no two people are exactly the same. that means no two minds are exactly alike. everyones brain looks the same but the brain is not the mind. everything about the persons individuality comes from the mind of that person so the mind is as unique as the person is.

adhd is an imbalance in the brain. it will affect the way a person acts. kinda like a messed up radio that wont transmit the radio waves as it should.  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:42 am
Minds are unique and undividable. A mind is always "complete" no matter how much brainhalves are inside the head.

There are people who share your opinions and your views, but you only share equal ideas and not a mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:14 am
Hellraver
Minds are unique and undividable. A mind is always "complete" no matter how much brainhalves are inside the head.

There are people who share your opinions and your views, but you only share equal ideas and not a mind.

but is the mind always complete tho? think about Alzheimers. it's a physical condition of the brain that affects the memory to the point where the person might not remember his/her own family members. or cause the person to say the same things over again in the same way, just like a broken record (you guys might not get that analogy) getting stuck in the same loop. I've experienced this with my grandmother shortly before she died.

again, I say it's like the radio analogy I used before. brain = radio, mind = radio waves. but a broken radio either wont play the music clearly or at all. doesnt mean that the knowledge of the mind doesnt exist. it's just fragmented (staticy) when trying to come thru a sick or damaged brain.  

Calypsophia

Ka-HinoteKarite

Shirtless Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:58 pm
i neva thought of it like that sweatdrop oh anda......were do i go to get my siginture?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:38 pm
KaReaper
i neva thought of it like that sweatdrop oh anda......were do i go to get my siginture?

if you go to 'my gaia' and down to 'account' you'll be able to set up a signature from there. smile  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:32 pm
Calypsophia
Hellraver

but is the mind always complete tho? think about Alzheimers. it's a physical condition of the brain that affects the memory to the point where the person might not remember his/her own family members. or cause the person to say the same things over again in the same way, just like a broken record (you guys might not get that analogy) getting stuck in the same loop. I've experienced this with my grandmother shortly before she died.

again, I say it's like the radio analogy I used before. brain = radio, mind = radio waves. but a broken radio either wont play the music clearly or at all. doesnt mean that the knowledge of the mind doesnt exist. it's just fragmented (staticy) when trying to come thru a sick or damaged brain.

It's true, that Alzheimer is something like a mindkiller. Of course it "fragments" data. I wanted to tell with my statement, that it is impossible to divide it into two or share it with someone.

But even Alzheimer is not an absolute mindkiller. There have been patients who had Alzheimer, not recognizing their family, but special areas of interest, like playing chess or equally difficult tasks.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:55 pm
Hellraver
Calypsophia
Hellraver

It's true, that Alzheimer is something like a mindkiller. Of course it "fragments" data. I wanted to tell with my statement, that it is impossible to divide it into two or share it with someone.

But even Alzheimer is not an absolute mindkiller. There have been patients who had Alzheimer, not recognizing their family, but special areas of interest, like playing chess or equally difficult tasks.

well.... ok.... but I never said it was a "mind-killer"... nor did I see anyone say anything about being able to share a single mind with another person.... my comment about the brain was that just because everyones brain looks and operates the same way doesnt mean that the minds that go with them are the same. neutral  

Calypsophia

I am Yuu-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:41 pm
looks like here is no discussion...

well I'll help, to keep it that way twisted lol,

EDIT surprised k i havent saw the latest post, so read this again if you didnt saw the edit... i just realized that it doesnt matter... so forget about this edit...

ok, seriously, mind stands for that abstract thing where we have thoughts and a bunch of no-physical things right?

so... mind it might be in the brain... or not... since is abstract we cant tell, right?

so it doesnt matter how much of your body you are missing as long as you have a mind you should be part of the society, right?

but then, society by it self set apart the ones that have physical issues, they receive special treatment(no saying thats wrong) there are special things for them and all that s**t even tho they do have minds, so my question is:

how much of a physical "you" do you need to be able to dont be discriminated?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 pm
I am Yuu-chan

EDIT surprised k i havent saw the latest post, so read this again if you didnt saw the edit... i just realized that it doesnt matter... so forget about this edit...

ok, seriously, mind stands for that abstract thing where we have thoughts and a bunch of no-physical things right?

so... mind it might be in the brain... or not... since is abstract we cant tell, right?

so it doesnt matter how much of your body you are missing as long as you have a mind you should be part of the society, right?

but then, society by it self set apart the ones that have physical issues, they receive special treatment(no saying thats wrong) there are special things for them and all that s**t even tho they do have minds, so my question is:

people tend to discriminate anything thats different from them or out of ordinary for the human condition. some people have serious mental and physical disabilities. the degree of the disability will dictate how much or what kind of special attention they need. but some people, who are merely slower than others (like forrest gump for example) are the ones I think who are really discriminated against. and there are some who are merely disabled as in stuck in a wheelchair who have nothing wrong with their brain or mental capacity that are treated as special when they really want to be treated like everyone else.  

Calypsophia

I am Yuu-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:35 pm
Calypsophia
I am Yuu-chan

people tend to discriminate anything thats different from them or out of ordinary for the human condition. some people have serious mental and physical disabilities. the degree of the disability will dictate how much or what kind of special attention they need. but some people, who are merely slower than others (like forrest gump for example) are the ones I think who are really discriminated against. and there are some who are merely disabled as in stuck in a wheelchair who have nothing wrong with their brain or mental capacity that are treated as special when they really want to be treated like everyone else.

thats exactly what i was going after razz

I know I should probably say something philosophical now but instead of it, do you have msn? :3 i would like to know You, since your ideas already got me interested wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:16 am
I am Yuu-chan
Calypsophia
I am Yuu-chan

thats exactly what i was going after razz

I know I should probably say something philosophical now but instead of it, do you have msn? :3 i would like to know You, since your ideas already got me interested wink

lol, no not msn. but I do have yahoo im. I'll PM you the information. smile  

Calypsophia

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:01 pm
ADD or ADHD is not a problem or a mental illness or whatever you people call it.

If you hit someone with a stick will they not pay attention to you? If you eat someone with a stick and tell them to do it and they don't do it..you hit them again. If they attack you they are healthy, if they give in they are healthy, if they continue to rant, rave, not pay attention then it is a dis-order.

Or mabye try hitting them then run away..if they lose interest run back and hit them again..continue to do this until you get one of the three reactions.

LOL I'm a doctor!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 pm
So...Ummm ...What are we actually talking about a disorder or being excepted into society?
Lets say you have a difunctional brain... Are we talking how disfunctional the brain has to be before you are not accepted?
The real answer is that people are only excepted into society if they have the same ideals as it... If society were to say 'We need build more houses' and I were to say 'Why not create a better chance for people to earn a higher income' society would not except me unless I had a piont that would advantage them... Or so I think...  

kyoshiro2

Intelife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:40 am
this is what i hate about this kinda thing. the subject changes on the very first page... so, so sad.

anyways, yes, minds can be different as fingerprints. how they function is completely controlled by a little chemical called deoxyribonucleic acid, and it's the basis for how things are done in the human body (right now, i could go into a rave about genes, chromosomes, and alleles, but that'd contradict the first sentence of this post). however it's looked at, no matter how hard you look, no two people are alike, not in the history of the world. how? simple. there are more different ways to allign those four nucleotides in six billion strands than there are humans who have lived, are living, and will live (for the next 5.6 billion years). oh, wait... that's only half the topic, but oh well.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff