Yes.
  We can never know.
  Nobody knows that, idiot.
  No.
  The Other Option
View Results

Anonymous...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:09 pm
Did the universe begin, or has it always existed?
If it did begin, how do you think it might have begun?
And does that mean that at some point, it will end?
And does that mean that there have been many universes before ours, and will be many after?

Note: I will delete any posts that don't really answer/try to answer these questions. Also, very short posts may be deleted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:07 pm
heh well, i think the big bang thing has a hint of truth...

i like to think of the universe as a lifeform of sorts.. it had a birth and it will die.. during its life it generates intelligent beings that seeks to prolong the universes own life to prevent their own inevitable doom.
possibly these beings ( in our case a carbon based life form ) can find ways to "shift" to other universes, ( since i dont believe in time but only movement of energy and its manipulation of matter, which again just is a manifestation of energy ), if we do succed in moving to another universe before our ends we will in some way have kept it alive since we ( the product of that universe ) lives on in another timeline/dimension/universe whatever you wanna call it..

as for how it began.. well i dont believe in time so im having a hard time getting outta this one.. delete my post if it dosnt meet your demands.. but hey I tried ^^  

Hikky-kun

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:32 pm
If you feel the need of ignoring/deleting every dissatisfying post, this thread will die really fast.

Anyways, the origins of the universe will remain unknown. Some say it was a god, some say it was a big bang, some say it was a collision of two universes...

The third theory sounds plausible, since we know that our universe vibrates and shakes off "subuniverses", so if a division of a universe is possible a fusion must be too. I think our universe originates from a really big crash. But it's simply a question noone could ever answer. Otherwise I could help out with "42" ... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:23 pm
I know as humans we cant really help but wonder these things.. but I think really what's important is the simple fact that we are here period. it doesnt really matter what the origin of the universe is. I think it's a question that we'll only ever be able to speculate on.  

Calypsophia

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:42 am
Okay, so here it is:

Long ago, in a small town, there was a 35 year old living in his moms basement. He was riding his bicycle down to the comic book store when suddenly a car struck him. He was left in a coma. While in his coma he dreampt of a fantasy world of his own creation. Thus this world of his is our own world. That is how it all began.

(On a side note, when he awakes, that will be the apocalypse.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:43 am
azrael the reaper
Okay, so here it is:

Long ago, in a small town, there was a 35 year old living in his moms basement. He was riding his bicycle down to the comic book store when suddenly a car struck him. He was left in a coma. While in his coma he dreampt of a fantasy world of his own creation. Thus this world of his is our own world. That is how it all began.

(On a side note, when he awakes, that will be the apocalypse.)

that dosnt fall too far from what i tried to convey, good job ^^  

Hikky-kun

Kachan36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 am
It is difficult to imagine something that has always been because the concept of infinity is difficult for the human mind to grasp.

Right now, I'm a proponent of the Big Bang Theory. Therefore, I think the universe did have a beginning and will have an end.

However, this is still a theory. Years from now, someone may discover new evidence that disproves or changes this theory; someone may come up with a new theory. I'm keeping my mind open.

At this time, there is no way to definitively answer your question, but that does not mean that we will never know the answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:01 am
Nurge
If you feel the need of ignoring/deleting every dissatisfying post, this thread will die really fast.

Anyways, the origins of the universe will remain unknown. Some say it was a god, some say it was a big bang, some say it was a collision of two universes...

The third theory sounds plausible, since we know that our universe vibrates and shakes off "subuniverses", so if a division of a universe is possible a fusion must be too. I think our universe originates from a really big crash. But it's simply a question noone could ever answer. Otherwise I could help out with "42" ... wink

I think "42" is about as coherent an answer as we're going to get at the moment!  

Kachan36

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 pm
are you saying you do not believe that "42" is the answer to our very existence? it is just as probable as any other answer........  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 am
That's not what I said. I happen to agree with Douglas Adams's answer. I'm just still looking for the question.  

Kachan36

Deathlord89

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 pm
Yes the universe did begin.Yes there are many universes. Think of it this way, there are many galaxies in uor universe so there are also many universes in our omniverse ( kind of like a universe but it is bigger and holds universes) and there is also a quantaverse wich hold many omniverses( kind of like a omniverse but it is bigger and holds omniverses) . And our own planet hold microverses. And then there is the infaverse which hold many quantaverses. But then you have to think we live on the fourth dimension imagin how many verses are in the fith dimension. really makes you think doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 pm
Deathlord89
Yes the universe did begin.Yes there are many universes. Think of it this way, there are many galaxies in uor universe so there are also many universes in our omniverse ( kind of like a universe but it is bigger and holds universes) and there is also a quantaverse wich hold many omniverses( kind of like a omniverse but it is bigger and holds omniverses) . And our own planet hold microverses. And then there is the infaverse which hold many quantaverses. But then you have to think we live on the fourth dimension imagin how many verses are in the fith dimension. really makes you think doesn't it?

I'm just curious; where did you get these ideas from? I've never heard of omni- and quantaverses, etc. I'd like to know where I can read about them.  

Kachan36

Deathlord89

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:52 pm
Kachan36
Deathlord89

I'm just curious; where did you get these ideas from? I've never heard of omni- and quantaverses, etc. I'd like to know where I can read about them.

You would have to find a Quantum( the highest scientific study rank) physicks book and look up what -verse you whant to read about.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:34 pm
Deathlord89
Kachan36
Deathlord89

You would have to find a Quantum( the highest scientific study rank) physicks book and look up what -verse you whant to read about.

Cool, thanks. I've always wanted to study quantum physics; now I have one more reason!  

Kachan36

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 am
Kachan36
Deathlord89
Kachan36
Deathlord89

Cool, thanks. I've always wanted to study quantum physics; now I have one more reason!

Of course!!! Who doesn't?!?  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces