Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perfect paradise possible?
  Sure, why not?
  No way in hell.
View Results

ChaosAngel1421

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:59 am
Ok, my question is this. If a person is granted the apparently perfect paradise that so many religions promise a good soul, and the one they loved for their entire life was banished to hell for some damn reason or other, could their paradise be perfect without their love? Or can a perfect paradise not exist under that condition?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 am
in the case you mentioned it wouldnt be a perfect paradise since your loved one wasnt there.. however you could experience an eternity with a mental projection of that person which in turn would mean that they never faltered from your glorified perspective of that person, and as such the paradise would seem perfect but in "reality" it would just be a scam and the granter of that perfect paradise a fraud.

so no.. a perfect paradise isnt possible in the normal sense, partly because even if you have a soulmate, if you dont die at the same time one of you would have to wait around for the other one, and besides even if you and your soulmate died and went to the same paradise there would be some differences.. like your wifes mother might be there since your wife liked her while you dont.. or your big doggy would still be around to spew saliva all over the place, on the other hand if the dog lost the ability to drool it wouldnt have its original charm and something would be missing.. all in all perfection isnt possible till everyone is dead and gone permanently, no afterlife included.  

Hikky-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:34 pm
the idea of perfection is human fantasy. and it's quite possible that any kind of afterlife is mere fantasy too for that matter. in the case of your question, I think the answer is fairly obvious..... no.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:44 am
this thread needs some discussion... so I will say yes, the reasons are 2, first the "paradaise" is timeless (like the supossed god for the matter) that means that there is no waiting, and second (and I personally love the stupidity of this statement) if you and your lover were married under the consentment of god then you should live the eternity together OR in the case your "lover" had been that bad and there is no "sacred union" then you shall meet someone else in paradise along with a brain wash =)

ok it were 3 things =P  

Nitro-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 am
Nitro-kun
this thread needs some discussion... so I will say yes, the reasons are 2, first the "paradaise" is timeless (like the supossed god for the matter) that means that there is no waiting, and second (and I personally love the stupidity of this statement) if you and your lover were married under the consentment of god then you should live the eternity together OR in the case your "lover" had been that bad and there is no "sacred union" then you shall meet someone else in paradise along with a brain wash =)

ok it were 3 things =P

ok, well if your 'lover' is your marital husband or wife.. joined together in the eyes of god in a church, by a priest, minister, rabbi, or other religious representative, then god has blessed your union.. you are supposedly 1 in the eyes of god. that is the belief. so even if that person did a bad thing causing them to go to hell the union of your two souls is still sacred.

some religious people who dont believe in divorce feel if you're in a bad marriage, lets say where one spouse beats on the other, then its too bad, you're stuck with that person because god has united you and there's no getting out of it. why should it be any different to them in heaven or hell? if god would supposedly separate your souls after death because one of them was bad, then why not allow them to separate before death so the other wouldnt be tormented in life?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:30 pm
remember that for almost all religions god is perfect, means that he makes no mistakes, and even tho a priest is human and can make them, he acting in the name of god, meaning that cant be a mistake.  

Nitro-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:13 am
Nitro-kun
remember that for almost all religions god is perfect, means that he makes no mistakes, and even tho a priest is human and can make them, he acting in the name of god, meaning that cant be a mistake.

the word mistake was never mentioned. but the fact remains, if god saw fit to unite 2 souls, then they are united, end of story. if he didnt see fit to do so, they wouldnt have gotten married. hence, the same issue as in my last post. so, if 2 people got married, and one of them is bad, and god doesnt make mistakes, then wouldnt separating the union either before or.. more importantly for this thread, after death be like admitting an 'oops'?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:57 am
Calypsophia
Nitro-kun

the word mistake was never mentioned. but the fact remains, if god saw fit to unite 2 souls, then they are united, end of story. if he didnt see fit to do so, they wouldnt have gotten married. hence, the same issue as in my last post. so, if 2 people got married, and one of them is bad, and god doesnt make mistakes, then wouldnt separating the union either before or.. more importantly for this thread, after death be like admitting an 'oops'?

(i love the stupidity of what am about to say)
maybe 2 people that have gotten married dont seem to fit in our eyes, but they surely do at gods eyes and thats what matters =)

(i cant believe i just say that xD)  

Nitro-kun

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:40 pm
Nitro-kun
Calypsophia
Nitro-kun

(i love the stupidity of what am about to say)
maybe 2 people that have gotten married dont seem to fit in our eyes, but they surely do at gods eyes and thats what matters =)

(i cant believe i just say that xD)

LOL! actually it wasnt really stupid. some people believe in things like reincarnation and karma. not quite the biblical notion, but in that light one could say that whatever bad is happening to someone was due to some past transgression either in this life or a previous one. so while they might not 'fit' in our eyes, it might be something necessary someone has to go thru. but the initial post in this thread was if someone went to heaven and their soulmate went to hell, could heaven then be a perfect paradise, so this is kinda getting off topic. and I still say that it wouldnt be. whether god is perfect or not is besides the point really. it's what that person feels to be perfect that the thread is concerned about, which go back to my original points. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:48 pm
Yes because love is an illusion. Much like any other emotion felt it isn't really anything to worry about when your alive..especially when your dead. I'm sure if your in heaven your loved one will be the second thing you worry about....that or you could just ask god to bring your special one up there.

Really they're is no hell...if god really who we say he is then no one goes to hell for eternity. No one.  

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

XxLethal-SirenxX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:49 pm
I got one!!!

If you were good enough to go to heaven then shouldn't you hate or dislike the ones going to hell. So in a sense, you would be happy the your paradise isn't ridden with bad, which would make it perfect. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:59 pm
It depends on your faith. not every faith has a heaven or hell. Some have reincarnation and karma, in that even if your spouse doesn't 'go to heaven' or duat, or whatever you call your paradise, they are constantly reborn until they reach enlightenment, order and peace. So in these faiths it is a seperation of time, not eternity. And also one thing to keep in mind is that organized religion was created and/or sustained by human beings. People in power who go corrupt with power change the rules as they see fit. Clear evidence of this is found in many religions. In the Kemetics, Akhtenaten and Nefertiti tried to deify themselves as children of thier one true god Aten. Ramses II enslaved the Hebrews (As to weather they were made to build anything is in question. To have slaves build temples in the eyes of the Kemetics was sacriliage, for temples were homes to the Netjeru, and thus sacred.) For Christians, there is the Spanish Inquisition, slaughtering Wiccans, hermetics and anyone accused of being a 'witch', as well as the native americans for not converting (Yes, religion was actually used as an excuse for thier slaughter). And of course, who can forget the extreamist groups that slander the names of thier religions (Muslum, Islam and Christian), putting thier 'faiths' to shame with thier heretic actions. But I'm ranting now. Basically, concerning the religious laws that humans create outside of the founding laws (The 10 commandments, Jesus's two commandments, the 42 percepts of Ma'at, etc) do not govern how God/Goddess/Netjer sees us and judges us. The Divine have thier own means of judging us. If divorce was never meant to happen, why isn't it in the ten commandments, or the 42 percepts of Maat, or any of the founding laws that were said to be given by the Divine? it's something that leaders of the church created. The Divine will judge us how He/She/They decide to judge us.  

King Robert Silvermyst

FF Turk_Panto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:57 pm
ChaosAngel1421
Ok, my question is this. If a person is granted the apparently perfect paradise that so many religions promise a good soul, and the one they loved for their entire life was banished to hell for some damn reason or other, could their paradise be perfect without their love? Or can a perfect paradise not exist under that condition?

Paradise is not paradise when loved ones are not with you in that place.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:02 am
XxLethal-SirenxX
I got one!!!

If you were good enough to go to heaven then shouldn't you hate or dislike the ones going to hell. So in a sense, you would be happy the your paradise isn't ridden with bad, which would make it perfect. sweatdrop

I'm technically an atheist. I dont believe in the bible, I dont believe in god. to many christians, I am indeed going to hell. I have many friends who are gay. to many christians, my friends are going to hell just for that. am I to be hated? are they?

that way of thinking is one of the things that makes this world so wrong.

just because in one persons eyes someone else isnt the type that would fit into their religious views of heaven, doesnt mean they have to hate that person. that attitude is what fueled things like expulsion of jews from the lands of their birth, the Inquisition, wars between the Roman Catholics and Protestants in renaissance england and other countries. the only offense the victims of these crimes committed was to believe a different way, deeming them people to be hated as an affront to god and not fit for heaven by their opposition. but truly, that should not be for man to decide or judge. if you believe in jesus, then heed the story of when he was on the cross with the 2 criminals on the crosses next to him when he assured them of being with him in heaven. and that is just 1 example.

in other words, the god that christians believe in did not preach hate. he preached tolerance, forgiveness, and love. his followers should do likewise.  

Calypsophia

Mythic-TwilighT-Venom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm
its impossible because ppl want diff things in order to be purfect is to be truly one as in one mind one body no freedom  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff